Savvis

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Savvis in June 2011.

The interviewing process was the only professional process I experienced while at Savvis. The hiring process was a mess -- they utilized a 3rd party to conduct the reference reviews, academic & criminal background check a long drawn out process and the HR representative didn't have any confidence on how long it would take to complete and from my experience and everyone I spoke to everyone's hire date had to be pushed out to later dates. Once in the company there is no training, yet you will be held accountable and graded unfairly this is their way of trying to manage you by fear. It appears that their management staff are someone's friend and so they don't need to be qualified for the position. The workplace culture is one of disrespect to employees and workloads that are not doable. The employees performance is measured against unattainable targets, so you can see how easily the culture can be demotivating. Unfortunately, the environment does not allow anyone to be successful.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how you deal with difficult people within your own team?   View Answer
The negotiation phase was like a tennis match -- we went back & forth several times. In the final outcome I was able to get what I asked for, but in hindset I lost. I had another job offer that I now found out was with a "healthy" workplace/culture. Taking the Savvis offer was one of the biggest mistakes in judgment I have ever taken. Bottom line, I won the negotiation, but lost big time in the end.