Savvis Interview Questions

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Savvis.

Initial interview with about 5 developers who tried to get a feel for technical experience and team fit. Then interviewed with the team manager for more general questions.

Interview Questions
    • What are you passionate about? What is the nerdiest thing you have done?   Answer Question

Senior Client Services Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Savvis in August 2013.

I submitted a resume to their website. I was contacted by a scheduler from a centralized location (St. Louis) with information on the phone interview time and the number I was to call. The interviewer arrived promptly and began asking questions about how I would handle different scenarios that she gave. There was little in the way of traditional interview questions other than the "tell me about yourself" question.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a scenario where it was the end of the day, and there was more work than could possibly be completed due the following day.   Answer Question

Senior Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Savvis in August 2013.

I submitted an application via their website. A scheduler from the St. Louis area called to set-up and phone interview. The interviewer arrived at the conference call site and led off with "tell me about yourself". Following that, the questions were about how I would handle certain scenarios the interviewer spelled. There were few traditional interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a scenario where there was more work than could possibly be completed by the next day.   Answer Question

Migration Architect Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Savvis in August 2013.

An initial technical screen. Then I interviewed with my future manager. Then a sanity check interview with my manager's peer. The process was brisk and I was treated well. My first interviewer told me that the speed of the process can vary depending upon how many deals they have signed. His hiring had taken 2 months. Mine took 2 1/2 weeks from initial contact.

The recruiting team treated me with courtesy and respect. They were very good about returning calls and emails and they gave me prompt feedback. The feedback was not needed however as the people I interviewed with were very transparent and we hit it off right away.

All interviews were phone or WebEx.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated on a price with the recruiter and then she went and got approval from a VP. Kind of like buying a car. The offer they made me was more than I had asked for, so I probably left some money on the table. It was a good offer and I am happy with the result.

SAVVIS Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Savvis.

Went in as a contractor did not intervie

Interview Questions
    • No questions were asked I just proved myself   View Answer
    No negotiations were done

Manager, Network and Telecommunications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Town and Country, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Savvis.

Overall, the process went very well. I applied on a Saturday, received a call the next Wednesday, and was in for an interview that Friday. The interview was less structured than I expected.

Database Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Savvis in January 2013.

I applied online. I was contacted by an HR staff member who set up a technical telephone interview with a database engineer employee. There was some confusion in setting up the telephone interview by the HR staff. The interviewer was from India and was difficult to understand. Every question asked wasn't something that any DBA or DBE would not know off the top of their heads -- most of the answers to his questions I have in installation checklists and white paper documents. Quite frankly, my wife, who is not technical, was listening and watching as I did the phone interview. She was frustrated by the questions and the tone of the interview -- much different from many of the other phone interviews I have participated in...

Interview Questions
    • Most all of the questions asked were not really relevent to day-to-day DBA/DBE operations. For example, one question asked was how the database model changed when a recovery was performed -- the model shouldn't change, it should be as the model was when the backup was done -- but he wouldn't accept that answer. Another asked how I would troubleshoot a performance problem. As I mentioned methodolgies and tools I would use, SQL Nexus, Profiler, DMVs, etc., the interviewer took all of them away until there was nothing practical left to use, then insisted that I tell him more. I think he may have been taken back a bit when I indicated that if he wasn't going to allow me to use any of the tools I know, that I would leave the client stuck with their own performance problem -- frankly, if the DBA/DBE and client can't work together, using tools that make sense and solve problems, why bother? I really do hope their work environment isn't that way...   Answer Question

Web Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Savvis.

Received a call from HR explaining the role and if I was interested. Once confirmed I was a fit, they scheduled a face to face interview. The entire process was easy and well planned.

Interview Questions
    • The person interviewing me didnt know a thing about web administration, so there was no big surprises. This has since changed and the people doing the interviews are extremely technical.   Answer Question
    They are very responsive, but there isn't much negotiation.

Senior Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Savvis in June 2012.

Company is full of deceptions, not truthful, Century Link bought them out and I can see that they will be re-org again under the Century Link umbrella, which means some Sr. managers will be tossed out and replaced with corporate people who know how to run a company. Sorry But I lost interest.

Interview Questions

Company is full of deceptions, not truthful,

Product Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Town and Country, MO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Savvis in May 2012.

Applied online, HR calls to set up interview with Hiring Manager. Interview with Hiring Manager "appears" to go well (the "atmosphere" of the interview naturally flows to where the Hiring Manager visually "shakes" themselves to "end" the interview as they realized time was getting away (they enjoyed the conversation). But then never heard back although they said that I would fit in with no problem due to my personality and skill set. In the end, never heard back and position "disappeared" off the job list.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked about other people that work for the company.   Answer Question