Savvis Interview Questions

2.9

Director, Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Savvis in April 2010.

Interview process started with a third party recruiter who was great! Then, after two weeks of no communication, proceeded to live 1 on 1 with hiring manager who was clearly not technical. Another two weeks and HR called to schedule a telepresence interview with three execs back East. Seemed to go well but no feedback for a week. then HR VP called to tell me I was still a candidate. Two more weeks pass and no feedback. Finally I was told I was not selected. Very unprofessional process, low salary range and phony bonus package. Glad I didn't get involved with this company.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Savvis in January 2010.

The panel interview was good, the interviewees asked good technical questions and very personable. It is good to review on basic technical stuff and read on current articles. Be able to differentiate servers and their benefits.

Interview Questions
    • What are the ports for httpd and https.   View Answer

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Savvis in August 2009.

The interview process started with a headhunter who did a phone interview with me. Kudos to the headhunter because he really sold me on the role and the area which initially didn't hit my radar screen. I then proceeded on to a phone interview with the HR VP and SVP, both were very nice on the phone and asked general questions about my background. We then proceeded to an onsite interview where I met with the business leader I would be supporting, my future boss - VP of HR and several of my co-workers and colleagues. The interviews were all very standard with background information shared and general interview questions. The building was very nice, but I picked up on chaos within the HR department. No one showed up to the interviews on time, there was even two individual who I was scheduled with that decided to "take the day off". This should have been my first clue as to what the culture was like, but I was too forgiving and let it pass.

Interview Questions
    • Describe two people you most admire and would view them as mentors in your career   View Answer
    The salary offered was above average, the bonus potential offered was good - what I didn't realize until started working there was that it was highly unlikely that it would be achieved. The relocation package was standard but found them to be very helpful and understanding with temporary housing and extending the time to move.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Savvis in May 2008.

I was just moved to the position with no interview,

Interview Questions
    My position was sort of in the bag, so I didnt really negotiate.

Technical Writer Interview

I had two phone interviews and then a face-to-face interview which resulted in a series of questions about API documentation strategies which proved most provocative and then I was told to wait for two weeks while they talked to other people so it was OK I guess.

Interview Questions
    • I hada series of questions about API documentation strategies which proved most provocative and then I was told to wait for two weeks while they talked to other people so it was OK I guess.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Every detail panel style interview. The folks in are extremely experience, need to be well prepared before hand.

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Savvis in November 2012.

Technical round emphasized on hands-on Experience

UNIX Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Savvis.

Initial telephone screening by the agency with a list of questions. This was followed by HR and technical panel in one. They were flexible enough to combine the 2 interviews into one.
    A good technical grasp is expected by the technical team and a positive can do attitude by the HR team.

Interview Questions
    • Could you describe one moment in your work life that you are not proud of. Not an uncommon question just wasn't expecting it from them.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Savvis in March 2012.

I applied for a position on-line. It was weeks before I rec'd an email regarding my resume. After second email from recruiter, I contacted SAVVIS. I had a phone interview with recruiter (about 1 hour) and a subsequent phone interview with the hiring manager (about 1/2 hour). Final face-to-face interview pending.

Interview Questions
    • What is the server and database associated with an application in a job 10 years ago?   View Answers (2)

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Savvis in February 2012.

Fast with multiple interviews, same day.

Interview Questions
    Easy, the offer was generous.