Savvis

Relevance Date Difficulty

Windows Server Administrator Interview

Windows Server Administrator
Chesterfield, MO

The process took a day - interviewed at Savvis in July 2010.

Interview Details – The initial contact by 'talent locator' was nice. I really didnt even get to ask any questions to this person, but was scheduled for a technical phone interview first. The technical phone interview seemed kind of cold to me. The gentleman jumped right into the questions, and I never really had an opportunity to learn more. The next thing I know is that I received an email that thanked me for applying, but I was not chosen. It makes me wonder how many valuable people get pushed away with a method like this. A Candidate who was declined the position has no idea how the interview went, or why the decision was made. The decision was made by one person alone.

Interview Question – What are three different DNS zone types?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Director, Software Engineering Interview

Director, Software Engineering
Santa Clara, CA

The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Savvis in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process started with a third party recruiter who was great! Then, after two weeks of no communication, proceeded to live 1 on 1 with hiring manager who was clearly not technical. Another two weeks and HR called to schedule a telepresence interview with three execs back East. Seemed to go well but no feedback for a week. then HR VP called to tell me I was still a candidate. Two more weeks pass and no feedback. Finally I was told I was not selected. Very unprofessional process, low salary range and phony bonus package. Glad I didn't get involved with this company.

Interview Question – How much compensation do you require?   View Answer

Director Product Management Interview

Director Product Management
Santa Clara, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Savvis in May 2010.

Interview Details – Got a call from HR to schedule. A few days later had a video Cam interview with hiring manager on the east coast. Interview was very basic, it wasn't a good match for me. I was told that they'll got to me but I never heard back from them again. I expected a email or something. Very rude and unprofessional.

Interview Question – How would you price a new product?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Human Resources Director Interview

Human Resources Director
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Savvis in August 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process started with a headhunter who did a phone interview with me. Kudos to the headhunter because he really sold me on the role and the area which initially didn't hit my radar screen. I then proceeded on to a phone interview with the HR VP and SVP, both were very nice on the phone and asked general questions about my background. We then proceeded to an onsite interview where I met with the business leader I would be supporting, my future boss - VP of HR and several of my co-workers and colleagues. The interviews were all very standard with background information shared and general interview questions. The building was very nice, but I picked up on chaos within the HR department. No one showed up to the interviews on time, there was even two individual who I was scheduled with that decided to "take the day off". This should have been my first clue as to what the culture was like, but I was too forgiving and let it pass.

Interview Question – Describe two people you most admire and would view them as mentors in your career   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The salary offered was above average, the bonus potential offered was good - what I didn't realize until started working there was that it was highly unlikely that it would be achieved. The relocation package was standard but found them to be very helpful and understanding with temporary housing and extending the time to move.

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer

Interviewed at Savvis

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews and then a face-to-face interview which resulted in a series of questions about API documentation strategies which proved most provocative and then I was told to wait for two weeks while they talked to other people so it was OK I guess.

Interview Question – I hada series of questions about API documentation strategies which proved most provocative and then I was told to wait for two weeks while they talked to other people so it was OK I guess.   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Senior Account Executive
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Savvis in February 2012.

Interview Details – Fast with multiple interviews, same day.

Interview Question – Very ad hoc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy, the offer was generous.

Director Interview

Director

Interviewed at Savvis

Interview Details – Every detail panel style interview. The folks in are extremely experience, need to be well prepared before hand.

Helpdesk Analyst Interview

Helpdesk Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Savvis in December 2011.

Interview Details – The whole process is very simple and easy, call from HR, call from your direct supervisor and a test about english skills etc.

Security Engineer Interview

Security Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Savvis in November 2012.

Interview Details – Technical round emphasized on hands-on Experience

Interview Question – Concentrate on Routing Switching and Security   Answer Question

UNIX Engineer Interview

UNIX Engineer
Reading, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Savvis.

Interview Details – Initial telephone screening by the agency with a list of questions. This was followed by HR and technical panel in one. They were flexible enough to combine the 2 interviews into one.
A good technical grasp is expected by the technical team and a positive can do attitude by the HR team.

Interview Question – Could you describe one moment in your work life that you are not proud of. Not an uncommon question just wasn't expecting it from them.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Savvis