Saxo Bank Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015

2.7

Senior Software Developer C++ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Saxo Bank (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

First Round was telephonic (technical) - Discussion about virtual functions, memory management, const parameter, threads, mutex, CPU performance, dynamic_cast/static_cast
    Second Round was F2F (technical) - Major discussion about project and design methodologies, about composite pattern, visitor pattern, threads, read/write semaphore, mutex, shared memory.

Mostly basics were discussed. Not very detailed discussions we done.

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Saxo Bank (Copenhagen (Denmark)) in September 2014.

Interview

Introduced via a friend. Fast response even though hiring managers where on vacation at the time. Did a basic HR test and two on-site interviews, with email conversation to complement.

The first interview HR reviewed the results of the tests which was a bit surprising but very interesting (never had that happen on an interview before). I think the purpose of the first interview was to establish if there was a cultural fit.

Second interview, 1-2 weeks later, was a technical evaluation. This interview was poorly executed and half way into he interview I told them I was not interested in the job.

After the second interview a series if emails where exchanged, and I accepted an unknown position at the company.

Interview Questions

• What are the names of indexes in SQL server, there are two.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was setting the salary first, then looking at possible positions.

Manager Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Saxo Bank (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Overall they have taken 4 rounds
    a. Telephonic: mostly basic questions related to OOP practices , .Net , C#
    b. F2F: Multithreading, WebAPI, OOPS , DI questions
    c. Telephonic again : this time
    d. VC : Mostly about programming practices, Rest/WebAPI, current technologies etc.

Interview Questions

• related to exception handling whats the difference between throw and throw ex, I know the answer but there i actually gave wrong answer in hurry   Answer Question

Negotiation

they have initially offered a bit less then what I expected, then I replied on mail that its not meeting my expection, after which HR sent a revised Salary structure which was what I have asked during interview.

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

there was no formal interview. I was introduced through a friend, I went to have coffee with the head of HR and I got a job offer in the next couple of days

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Saxo Bank (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

Round1 - Telephonic

What you know about saxo?
    Introduce yourself?
    Why Saxo?
    Domain related questions?

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Saxo Bank (Copenhagen (Denmark)) in June 2013.

Interview

I entered as part of the student assistant hiring round, I was required to submit, a CV, personal statement and LinkedIn link.

Once I passed the first round I was required to do an online test, which followed with an interview (mainly on my personality) and then finally a small quantitative excel based test.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see the product going, and what would I change about the current set up?   Answer Question

Corporate Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Saxo Bank (Warsaw (Poland)) in February 2012.

Interview

I found this job via linkedin forum. I have written an email and wait for about 2 weeks for a reply. Than I was called by President of Saxo Bank Polska and ask for a personal interview. After one week I was asked for another meeting with CEE Head. Both interviews where quite friendly and where combination of personality and skills test. English language and good sales skills are highly appreciated.

Interview Questions

• don't you afraid to build completely new portfolio based on SME clients?   1 Answer

Negotiation

hard as cap level was below my expectations

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Saxo Bank (Copenhagen (Denmark)) in June 2008.

Interview

no personality tests and no HR rubbish. actually no HR staff were involved in hiring me at all. The 1 on 1 interview was with the head of sales and the group interview was the head of sales, the team leader who would be my direct manager and one member staff to assess my language ability, since both managers did not speak that language. on the 1:1 interview the head of sales asked questions regarding my CV and my achievements and experience in previous jobs. he asked questions about what I am really after and why do I want to be in sales. I was honest and told him I just wanted a job and wanted to make money and with my qualifications and the things I do the best a sales job seem to suite me well. I was recommended by someone who worked there so I got a kick start. but I do believe that I would have got the job even without the inside contact.

Interview Questions

• Your CV shows good experience and positions better than what you are applying for. why do you want this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation. the employer informed me on the first interview that there is a standard basic salary and handsome bonus scheme. which means that whatever I earned was up to me. I accepted this