Sazerac

Relevance Date Difficulty

Bottling Supervisor Interview

Bottling Supervisor

Interviewed at Sazerac

Interview Details – Long and drawn out, expect 7 months from initial interview to hiring

Interview Question – "So you've got the job, what do you do the first day on the job to stand out?"   Answer Question

Single Barrel Manager Interview

Single Barrel Manager
Frankfort, KY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sazerac in May 2011.

Interview Details – Identified this position via an internet work board and applied for a position. The HR Director called to discuss the role, salary, location, etc. She called back with an interveiw date two days later at Frankfort with a Brand Manager and this HR individual. We sat at a conference table with the company individuals manning laptops and firing questions for over one hour. They thanked for my time and advised someone would be in touch.
The weekend following, HR called my home office and we were out of town for a function. alled again Sunday evening but my cell carrier did not forward the call until Monday. I called and she wanted me at Frankfort agin Monday but since that date was out, could I be there on Tuesday and I said yes. Another trip to Frankfort and met with two more indiduals, one from Marketing and another from Production. A personality test, on-line followed. Hr called again to inquire of my availability meet on Wednesday with a VP in Louisville and again i said yes.
This was a unique interveiw with questions out of the ordinary. How many gas stations are there in Kentucky? How many bottles of bourbon are sold in Kentucky each year?
Most telling was an invitation to think back to high school days and denote a song that best defined me. It certainly seemed like an age determination ploy.
Also, my resume listed work experience for 20+ years and this individual requested i go back to the beginning to allow him a better opportunity to understand me.
As for the people, they are good, hard working individuals, mostly hired from local areas. The brand manager was a former university football player (popular hire in this state).
The work culture is intense but fair.
Money for this position was moderate, given the level of expectation.

Interview Questions

• How many bottle of bourbon are sold in kentucky each year?   View Answer
  • How many gas stations are there in Kentucky?   View Answer

National Sales Manager Interview

National Sales Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sazerac in March 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter. Phone interview with HR. 2 One on One interviews and on group interview. Took personality and drug test. Also had to have a physical. Culture was team oriented, process driven. Substantial funding needed to be secured to meet their growth aspirations. Would reconsider in the future if they demonstrated better financial committment.

Interview Question – Who was your toughest boss and why   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Compensation and long term growth

Worked for Sazerac? Contribute to the Community!