Sbarro Co Manager Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sbarro (North Charleston, SC) in June 2012.

Interview

I talked with the General Manager and she was very nice. We talked for about 2 hours. I can say one of the best interviews I have had in along time. I then had to talk with the Director for this region. Anty offer was made and I took it.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Sbarro?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They will offer you more than you think.

Other Interview Reviews for Sbarro

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sbarro (Orange, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

Submitted an online application for a General Manager's position. I received a one on one interview with a General Manager. It went well, but he said I should expect to be a Co Manager first to get used to the job if I am offered it by the District Manager. The GM said he liked me and would recommend it; he even said I should ask for a higher wage. The second interview was with the GM and the District Manager. The DM did speak to me for awhile and asked me how much I wanted, I told him, and he said he has no problem paying me what I asked for (39k). I accepted the offer after he and the GM agreed about me being a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in restaurant management.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I don't know how easy it typically is to negotiate, but I went in looking for low to mid 30's for an annual salary. I asked for 39,000 and the DM said he was fine with it since he never wanted money to be an issue for his managers. Keep in mind you will get paid an hourly rate with your salary based upon a 58 hour work week, in my case it was $10.94 per hour (I didn't know that at the time - I assumed it was a salaried position that allowed the managers to go home a little early on slower days without penalty on their pay).

Co-Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sbarro in October 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with a fairly new General Manager and had a positive experience. My background is in restaurant management so the interview was easy to me. Discussing all of the aspects of guest/customer service, cleanliness, food cost, food prep, inventory, employee expectation and several other key factors involved in the success of a restaurant. I would advise anyone interviewing for a position to have knowledge and experience about that position. Explaining the nature of how you would assist the General Manager in bringing your experience and knowledge on board to help them and the restaurant, its employees and yourself be successful will go a long ways in the selection process. The young General Manager I had the opportunity to interview with was very pleasant and has worked hard to get where he is and it shows through his restaurant. I hope for the possibility of success with an opportunity to join this company with long term goals in mind.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in the restaurant business?   Answer Question

Co Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sbarro in June 2011.

Interview

Phone interview based on resume and past job responsabilities led to 1on1 interview with the same person with more formal questions to include knowledge of p&l, labor, scheduling, qsc. Explained the job, hours of operation, benefits, pay. Was scheduled for what is called an oje in the training store to see how the operation worked.