Sbarro

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

North Charleston, SC

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sbarro in June 2012.

Interview Details – I talked with the General Manager and she was very nice. We talked for about 2 hours. I can say one of the best interviews I have had in along time. I then had to talk with the Director for this region. Anty offer was made and I took it.

Interview Question – What do you know about Sbarro?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They will offer you more than you think.

Co Manager
Orange, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sbarro in February 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted an online application for a General Manager's position. I received a one on one interview with a General Manager. It went well, but he said I should expect to be a Co Manager first to get used to the job if I am offered it by the District Manager. The GM said he liked me and would recommend it; he even said I should ask for a higher wage.

The second interview was with the GM and the District Manager. The DM did speak to me for awhile and asked me how much I wanted, I told him, and he said he has no problem paying me what I asked for (39k). I accepted the offer after he and the GM agreed about me being a good fit.

Interview Question – Tell me about your experience in restaurant management.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I don't know how easy it typically is to negotiate, but I went in looking for low to mid 30's for an annual salary. I asked for 39,000 and the DM said he was fine with it since he never wanted money to be an issue for his managers. Keep in mind you will get paid an hourly rate with your salary based upon a 58 hour work week, in my case it was $10.94 per hour (I didn't know that at the time - I assumed it was a salaried position that allowed the managers to go home a little early on slower days without penalty on their pay).

Co-Manager Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Sbarro in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a fairly new General Manager and had a positive experience. My background is in restaurant management so the interview was easy to me. Discussing all of the aspects of guest/customer service, cleanliness, food cost, food prep, inventory, employee expectation and several other key factors involved in the success of a restaurant. I would advise anyone interviewing for a position to have knowledge and experience about that position. Explaining the nature of how you would assist the General Manager in bringing your experience and knowledge on board to help them and the restaurant, its employees and yourself be successful will go a long ways in the selection process. The young General Manager I had the opportunity to interview with was very pleasant and has worked hard to get where he is and it shows through his restaurant. I hope for the possibility of success with an opportunity to join this company with long term goals in mind.

Interview Question – Tell me about your experience in the restaurant business?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Co Manager

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sbarro in June 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview based on resume and past job responsabilities led to 1on1 interview with the same person with more formal questions to include knowledge of p&l, labor, scheduling, qsc. Explained the job, hours of operation, benefits, pay. Was scheduled for what is called an oje in the training store to see how the operation worked.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sbarro

Worked for Sbarro? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sbarro Co Manager interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sbarro employees and interview candidates.