ScanSource

Updated Dec 7, 2014
Updated Dec 7, 2014

3.2

Event Manager Interview

Applied on website, submitted resume, got a call back and had a Skype interview for 1 hour; have another interview with mangers for 1.5 hours. Meet with hiring manager and she asked what I knew about company; then about my work experience. Asked how I would handle deadlines.

Financial Account Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ScanSource.

Questions where technical questions and not about yours skills that applied to the job if you did not have technical experience. I knew immediately that I would not be moving on in the next phase of hiring with the line of questions.

Interview Questions
    • What profitability models have you used for forecasting a project?   Answer Question
    • What methodologies did you use in your financial analysis?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ScanSource in September 2014.

I applied online through the company's website. A few days later I got a call to schedule an initial phone interview. It lasted about 15 minutes, just to go over the Resume and gain a bit of insight into my financial knowledge. At the end, I was asked to come in for an in person interview. This one was a bit more intense. There were 8-10 managers that all fire questions. The first question was, "what do you know about ScanSource?" Then they try to take the tension down by asking questions about personality and past experience. Then the financial questions start rolling. At the end, I was asked to come back in a few days later to meet with two directors. This interview was more conversational and laid back.
    -I would recommend you doing your homework on the background of the company (including the financials) as well as reviewing how to analyze income statements and balance sheets when valuing a company.

Interview Questions
    • How would you value a potential customer based on looking at financial statements (income statements, balance sheets, etc...)?   Answer Question
    Base salaries are already set. $38,000 for 9-6. $39,200 for 10-7. $41,000 for 11:30-8:30.

Account Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ScanSource.

It was a good process - had several interviews with the company back to back. Interviewed with the managers and then with the directors and vice president. Was kept updated by the HR department the whole time

Interview Questions
    • what is one thing that you would change about the company   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ScanSource.

A friend passed my resume along to the hiring manager. Human Resources called me within a few days to set up an in-person interview. The interview was very conversational and not the normal questions that an interviewer asks. A lot about the position and what tasks would be required. Be prepared with an elevator speech.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the interview for me was the conversational dialog. There were no question-answer type questions. You are in an empty interview room, so nothing to make conversation about except yourself and the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ScanSource in November 2013.

Pretty standard process. First you apply, the second step is a general phone interview with 5 or 6 managers where they review your resume and ask what do you know about the company. Next is an onsite interview with a panel of managers that lasts about an hour where they ask alot of questions be they financial, personality oriented or abstract.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ScanSource.

The saw the job posting on my universities job board. I applied and heard back from ScanSource within a week or two. The next step was a phone interview. I was on a conference call with 5 or 6 ScanSource employees, and they asked me basic questions about my background and why I wanted to work at ScanSource as an analyst. The phone interview only took about 15 minutes. About a week later I was called in for an in-person interview. The interview was held in a conference room and took about 45 minutes. There were six ScanSource department managers in the room, and they all asked questions. The interview did not go too well because I was caught off guard by some technical questions. I suggest looking over the basics of valuing companies before the interview. They sent me a nice letter in the mail to tell me that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would value a potential client based on their income report, balance sheet, etc.   Answer Question

Account Analyst Interview

I had a phone interview which was basic questions about my resume. I then scheduled an in person interview which was a panel interview with 4-5 managers at the corporate headquarters in Greenville, SC. After the panel interview, I had a one-on-one interview with a vice president. I was offered the job within a few days.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you would determine how much credit to extend a customer.   Answer Question

Account Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ScanSource.

Applied online, and got a phone call about a month later asking to set up a phone interview. Easy phone interview, just went over my resume. Then I had an in-person interview in which I met with 6 members of the team that I would be working with and a hiring manager. Just more questions about my resume and experiences and a couple of minor technical questions but not too involved as it was an entry level position. Then met with a upper management person later that day, and I thought that went well too. I left feeling pretty good about everything and took a personality test a few days later. Then never heard anything back for a month and then got a "thanks but no thanks" letter in the mail. It was a good experience for me, and they would be a great company to work for, but things didn't work out.

Interview Questions
    • Just a couple of questions about my accounting background and experiences.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ScanSource in April 2012.

Found the position through a friend and was first invited to come shadow the position for a few hours. Afterwards, I was interviewed by 3 sales managers. Everything seemed to go well; I was invited back for an additional 1:1 interview and then asked to perform a personality test. After all positive reviews from each stage, I was surprised when they decided to go with another candidate. The process was incredibly long and not very well organized, but I maintain that it would have been an excellent company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • What previous experience makes you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question