Scania Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

2.4

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Södertälje (Sweden)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Scania (Södertälje (Sweden)) in May 2015.

Interview

I was positively surprised how well organised a company can be. I was invited to 3 meetings which made my whole day. The atmosphere was great. I could see that apart from my experience and knowledge, one of the very important thing is personality of candidates.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakest point?, what would would your wife / partner say?, what would your ex-work colleagues say?   Answer Question

Internship Program Interview

Interview

Everyone was very friendly and positive. Scania has an open mindset to let you try different things so you don't have to stay in the same department your entire career. If you are a nice person with a good attitude and relevant education you will get the job if you have a good attitude.

Interview Questions

• Give an example one time you took a leadership position and which thing where most difficult to handle in that situation?   Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Scania (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in January 2014.

Interview

short and very basic questions were asked related to work experience technical knowledge, they did not dwell much deep into the technical aspects. the managerial hr interview was also there mainly behavioral questions were asked.

Scania Student Intro Interview

Anonymous Employee in Södertälje (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Scania (Södertälje (Sweden)) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online to the Scania Student Intro program, got called a week or two after the application deadline, and asked to come to their recruitment day. The day consisted of group work with other applicants, lunch with employees, an interview, and a tour of the offices. I was interviewed by an HR person and a technical manager. No technical questions, mostly about my personality and education. Two days after the interview I got called and was told that I was accepted into the program.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to have few close friends or many, not as close, friends?   Answer Question

First of all, the salary of the summer job was very low and non-negotiable (SEK ~105). The second reason is that I did not feel like signing up for both summer job and master thesis work, without knowing anything about what they would consist of and how I could affect them.

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Södertälje (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Scania (Södertälje (Sweden)) in March 2013.

Interview

Application online including CV, personal presentation and grades from university and high school. Online test for most of the candidates and then a first interview with HR and a presentation of the program. The final candidates were chosen for an assessment day were they were meeting the recruiting managers for each specific department.

Interview Questions

• For a student it was hard to answer "what is businesship for you?".   1 Answer

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Miguel de Tucumán (Argentina)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scania (San Miguel de Tucumán (Argentina)) in November 2011.

Interview

As a first step to get in contact, sometimes it worths to have any contact within the company. Otherwise it could be very difficult. That's hiring process will vary year to year.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question od hiring process was regarding if I consider standars could be apply anywhere and their pros and cons   Answer Question

Negotiation

It is rather difficult to negotiate when it is your first job.