Scentsy Interview Questions

2.1

Field Service Technician Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Scentsy.

My high school had its annual intern fair for its juniors in the computer networking, media arts, programming, and pre-engineering pathways. I was a junior in the computer networking pathway that year and attended the job fair. Three people from Scentsy showed up and "interviewed" us on the spot. A couple of days later, I received a phone call for an interview at their headquarters. The interview was great and smooth and I wounded up getting the job.

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scentsy in April 2012.

Applied with resume online. They prefer communication by phone. Had to come in twice as they accidentally deleted my computer skills test results. They seemed disorganized. Called to tell me I was no longer a candidate, and I said: I think it's better this way.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond to a representative with concerns about the policy?   Answer Question
    • Role-play if package arrived in damaged condition.   Answer Question

Basis Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Scentsy in September 2011.

Recruiter contact based on online career website search. A phone interview was done by the in house recruiter, then another phone interview was scheduled with the IT staff. For others applying to this company - prepare questions as to the exact expectations and responsibilities expected by their staff.

Interview Questions

The company is very focused on "culture" with little focus on "substance". Their staff was very light on skillset - a huge red flag. There is a distinct possibility that this company will not survive long in a global market with this approach.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Scentsy in August 2011.

Scentsy interviewed me with three of their representatives present, one of them being the technical guy. He had me draw on the white board different pieces of code that I came up with to solve a problem, as well as write some SQL server statements which I believe was a join problem. They came to our school to interview potential employees, but to my knowledge did not give any offers.

Interview Questions
    • How would seperate a large table into two tables to make them more cohesive?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, NH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Scentsy in May 2011.

Signed up online after speaking with another consultant

not applicable

Finance - Non Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Scentsy in February 2010.

You really have to know someone to get an interview or job with this company. I lucked out because I was so perfectly qualified for the unique position I was applying for. The interview was smooth and easy - with the recruiter and future supervisor. I was prepared and sold myself. I heard later that they felt like they sat there with the mouths open not knowing what to say because I covered everything they wanted to ask with my intro/sales pitch.

Interview Questions
    • none really; they try to make the process very comfortable for the interviewee so they will open up and show their real self   Answer Question
    The salary offer was very fair; I did negotiate an increase at the 90 day mark.

Independent Consultant Interview

There is no interview for direct sales. You decide if this is good for you and if you want to invest in the start up kit.

No negotiation