Schakra Interview Questions

Software Development Engineer Interview

One of my friend referred me. After initial conversation over email/phone with HR onsite interview was scheduled.
    Had 3 round of technical interview and HR round.
    Most of the questions where around problem solving. Had to solve the problems in a whiteboard. Interview went well.

Interview Questions
    • There were questions on datastructures-trees special cases.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Schakra in October 2009.

Promptly heard from the HR within a week of my friend submitting my resume. Scheduled a phone interview for the same week. Phone interview was an hour long, had to write code for one program (duplicate integers in array or something) and answer some other technical questions.
    Within a day or so, I heard back being invited for on-site. The on-site interview was much like any other company.

Interview Questions
    • Find the largest contingent array in an array of integers.   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Schakra in February 2012.

Had several phone interviews, one was the usual HR version, and the next was a simple skills assessment. After passing those I was invited for an afternoon of interviews with a few of the devs I would be managing. Several questions about my management style, but mostly coding questions. When offered water after several interviews, I was handed a paper cup. (really?) It was a tiny office, with tiny cubicles- I've seen bigger cubes in phone support organizations. No test organization or quality infrastructure. I'm guessing about 5 out of 12 on the Joel Test. Completely based on Microsoft technologies and would not exist except for their ties into Microsoft. (Their ONLY customer!)

On the way out the door, I was pulled aside by the VP Eng, and told I should plan on setting aside a day next week (this was a Friday) to come in and meet the "management team", and that if all went well, there would be an offer by the end of the day.

Then I heard nothing more, and when I called the VP, I was given some lame excuse. He was so uncomfortable talking to me, you would think I had turned into Charles Manson. I had heard about these things happening to others, but ... that is two days of my life I'll never get back.

Interview Questions

Worked for Schakra? Contribute to the Community!