Scheels Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Scheels.

Interview

Applied online on a Tuesday. The online application consisted of basic info, work history, references, and about 6 basic questions about yourself. I included my resume and cover letter on the application. I received a call on that Friday which was a random phone interview/screen which asked basic work history question and some easy interview questions (Biggest weakness). They told me to come in for an in-person interview the next Wednesday. The first in-person interview was with a HR hiring manager and was about an hour. It was a pretty laid back interview which included a lot of questions about customer service and sales experience. After the interview I took an aptitude test which took me 45 mins to complete. It included spelling correction, grammar correction, simple sales math, writing a business letter, some questions about yourself, questions about products in the store, and then asked you to define about 8 works in relation to a retail business. If you graduated high school then you can easily pass this test so don't stress about it. The following Tuesday I got a call to come in on the next Friday for another interview with a assistant store leader. The second interview was just about getting to know me as a person and see if I would fit in with the staff there. The interviewer was very laid back. After that I took a drug test (oral swab), and about 2 days later I got a call saying they wanted to offer me the job. Dress nice (slacks and a dress shirt, clean shaven) and make sure you have a bunch of questions to ask because they seemed to like that a lot. Do background research on Scheels and their core values and be ready to talk about sports/outdoor activities. If you are prepared, honest, and genuine than thats the best you can do. They really look for people who will fit in with the Scheels culture.

Interview Questions

• What was the most exciting thing that has happened to you lately?   Answer Question

Department Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Scheels (Overland Park, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

The first interview took about an hour filled with basic questions. If they like your interview they offer to let you fill out a long application. This has math, spelling, grammar, word definitions, and a short business letter. This takes about an hour and you get a basic calculator and a pen. Then you may have to return for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for scheels?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Scheels.

Interview

The interview process was intense. I never actually reached a point where I talked with a person. I filled out their application and then was asked to take a test.

Interview Questions

• The test included the topics of mental math, business communications, brand recognition, and sales strategies.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scheels.

Interview

I was interviewing for a store that will be opening later this year. I learned about Scheels at a career fair at my university and they were wonderful. I went up to the city a few weeks later and interviewed with two different managers and filled out 2 applications; I was there for 3 hours. The interview was very simple and casual. We spent a lot of time talking about Scheels and I asked a lot of questions. They called me a few days after the interview and scheduled a time for me to come back in about a week later. I went in and they offered me the job and explained everything to me; I was given a week to decide. I couldn't take the job because the pay was not enough.

Scheels seems like a great company and a great way to get supervisory experience for those that don't have a college degree. They really try to determine where someone will have the most strength and want to help them succeed. Scheels is a smaller company, but it felt like there was good potential to move up.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were very difficult. It was a casual conversation about Scheels and my potential with them.   Answer Question

I will have a college degree and the offer was not in line with the salary I needed to relocate to the city and pay living expenses and student loan payments.

Ginna's Cafe Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scheels (Overland Park, KS) in January 2015.

Interview

I had an initial interview which was very interactive in terms of discussion. I quickly found out that this company is very customer and employee satisfaction focused. I was then called back for a second interview with another manager as sort of a second opinion on me. I had gone back and forth a little in terms of salary and was then called back for a third meeting with two other Assistant Store Leaders.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were a part of a good team or developed a team approach?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Scheels in December 2014.

Interview

I was called 3 days after I submitted my application. It was a phone interview without any warning. They asked about my educational and work background. They asked what I wanted as a future career. Asked what my greatest quality was. What my worst quality that I wanted to improve on was. Asked my availability. It was all easy stuff. Nothing to fear in the phone interview. It just takes you by surprise.

Interview Questions

• What is your worst quality that you want to try to improve?   Answer Question

Specialty Shop Manager Interview

Interview

There is a 2 to 3 set interview process and also a test for qualifications. The test had English, Math and specialty questions based on items that are sold at Scheels. The interview was very smooth and relaxed because the staff made you feel welcome and at home. The questions were not difficult, more on why would you like to be part of the Scheels culture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not needed. Offered great benefits

Interview

Phone interview with basic questions regarding the job and comoany, first interview that involved writing out a long application, second interview that went into more depth of the actual job, and a final job proposal.

Interview Questions

• Asked to write a short business letter. Only 50 words long.   Answer Question

Very low wages

PT Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scheels (Fargo, ND) in September 2014.

Interview

I had 2 interviews and one was over the phone and then one in store and some difficult questions. It took 3 weeks. I had to call to get an answer on whether I got the job or not

Full-time Women's Specialty Shop Shoe Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scheels (Saint Cloud, MN).

Interview

I applied online and then got a phone call to come in for an interview. After the interview, he offered me to take a short application and also a test. I was under a time constraint so I had to come in a different day to take the test. It took a little over an hour to complete and is timed. After completing the test, I got a call a few days later to come in for another interview and I interviewed with two people. After that, I got a phone call a few days later saying I got the position.

Interview Questions

They advertised it was full-time in the job posting and they offered me a part-time position.