Scheels

Updated Feb 8, 2015
Updated Feb 8, 2015

3.1

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Scheels.

The interview process was intense. I never actually reached a point where I talked with a person. I filled out their application and then was asked to take a test.

Interview Questions
  • The test included the topics of mental math, business communications, brand recognition, and sales strategies.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Scheels

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Scheels.

Filled out short application in store, went upstairs and filled out a long application-took about an hour and a half. Received a phone call to come in for an interview. After that interview I received another phone call for a final interview with a different manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scheels.

Fill out application. Go upstairs to fill out a long application including writing, math, and brand knowledge (for whatever department you want to sell in: clothing, shoes, midlines (equiptment), or hardlines (guns, bows, etc.) . If called back, go for oral interview. If called back, go for brief interview with store manager and a drug test (oral swab).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scheels.

The people were very friendly and made you feel comfortable/welcome. A big downside is that there are two paper applications and the second one was very, very long. (Took over an hour to fill out.) They also do multiple interviews (2 or 3 usually) so the entire hiring process is very long and dragged out. However, I noticed that the interviewers asked similar questions but worded differently--I guess to see if you are giving them honest answers.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were truly difficult. Maybe something like what was your biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coralville, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coralville, IA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Scheels in February 2012.

You'll be asked to do a quick pre-interview when you drop off your application. Be dressed reasonably nicely (nice jeans and a clean, nice looking shirt would suffice). A manager will pull you aside and ask questions (try to remember their name, you'll want it later). They'll ask what you're doing now, what department you're interested in working (varies store to store, but generally softlines = clothes, midlines = general sporting goods [basketball hoops, snowboards, sometimes golf equipment, etc], hardlines = guns for sales positions). They'll ask what hours you can work, and if you can't work weekends don't even bother applying.
    If you pass through that, you can expect a call within about a week to set up an interview. If they don't call you within about 10 days, call the store and ask to speak with a manager (preferrably the one you spoke to initially) and ask about setting up an interview. After that, you'll have anywhere from 2 to 4 interviews.
    The first will be some general testing (math skills, reading and comprehension, a drug test). If they're happy with you after that, you'll go to a second interview with a manager who will just try to get to know you. Its fairly casual, but be sure to dress nicely for these interviews (dress shirt and tie and khakis would be fine).
    If you've made it this far, you'll be hearing back from a manager sometime soon who will want to schedule training.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions I faced were that difficult. Be honest, be mature, and be confident in your answers and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Scheels in October 2011.

Can be a lengthy process. Pick up the application (important) if you know someone write their name on the top of the application! They like to have people referred. If not referred, you can STILL get a job. There is a long application and then an interview with a manager.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in this situation? If you had an unhappy customer, how would you deal with? If you didn't know an answer that a customer asked, what would you do?   View Answer
    We would love to have you work for us? Lets figure out a schedule for training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scheels in September 2008.

Tell me about your weaknesses?

none