Schindler Elevator Corporation

Updated Nov 12, 2014
Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.8

Press Brake Operator Interview

I'm a Lead Press Brake Operator for my company. I have over 5 years experience and 3 years with the Lead title. I attended Amada Press Brake school. I'm looking for a place to treat employees equal and not pressured . Looking for a career.

Field Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schindler Elevator Corporation.

The local branch interviews are straightforward. The time from verbal offer to written offer can be up to 2 weeks. Overall it was a good process.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Schindler Elevator Corporation.

I was first told to take an exam before the phone interview. After spending some time working on the exam and getting ready for the interview, I received a phone call form the HR director asking me about my experience, and after discussing exactly what I had on resume, he decided that I didn't have enough experience for the position.
    It was very unprofessional and surprising to see that he wasn't aware of what I had on my resume until we spoke. He basically told me to take the exam regardless and decided to learn more about me during the phone interview. It was unprofessional and a waste of time.

Superintendent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schindler Elevator Corporation.

3 interviews total.

Offered, I countered and company accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schindler Elevator Corporation in September 2013.

Very straight forward hiring process. Three interviews w/ the district manager and 2 regional VP. All of the questions were very direct and predictable. They offered me the opportunity to do a "ride along" w/ someone in a similar position to get a feel for the position. The entire process was low key and I felt like the were looking for the best candidate and not interested in games.

Interview Questions
    • How would I adapt my management/leadership style to a company w/ unionized employees?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Several interview rounds. Now more selective then in the past , and I think this is good and is bringing positive impact in the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Business case to analyze in a short Time. Excel test in order to check computer skills.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

I was transferred here from another branch of the Group. So no real interview happened.

Interview Questions
    no real negotiation. I was moved from another Company in the same Group, so std termes were applied.

Electrical Engineering Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schindler Elevator Corporation in August 2012.

I applied through my school's career website and received a call for an interview few days later. The interview was schedules for 12:30pm in Morristown,NJ. I arrived 30 minutes early and waited to be received. I was first interviewed by an HR rep which was cool and easy. She just asked me questions as it relates to my resume. Then I was interviewed by the Manager of Operations.He was something else. We went in depth with my resume and asked several questions about my project and internship experiences. Just when I thought the interview was coming to an end, he pulled out two sheets of technical problems he wanted me to solve. What? For an internship? No way! Anyway, the questions weren't hard, but for someone who haven't seen this kind of material for almost two years, I was a little lost. However I picked up after few trails. One sheet contained three rectifier questions and the other had two c++ questions.
    Overall the interview was something new and different, as far technical questions were concerned but any behavioral related question was a piece of cake.

Interview Questions
    • Draw the voltage output signal if a Sine wave voltage signal was inputed in a circuit with a half-rectifier ?   Answer Question
    • Draw the voltage output signal if a Sine wave voltage signal was inputed in a circuit with a full-rectifier ?   Answer Question
    • Draw the voltage output signal if a Sine wave voltage signal was inputed in a circuit with a half-rectifier and capacitor ?   Answer Question
    • Read a C++ program and determine what it does and find the output   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schindler Elevator Corporation in April 2012.

Headhunter facilitated

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schindler Elevator Corporation in April 2012.

Applied online - got a call from the local area HR - spent 30 minutes talking about the position and my qualifications - got the interview call after a week - Interview in NYC - no communication for 2 weeks and rejected

Interview Questions
    • a situation in my past PM career that was almost bust but where i came up with ideas to make things work   Answer Question