Schlitterbahn Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Schlitterbahn

Cashier/Greeter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Padre Island, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Padre Island, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Schlitterbahn.

I missed their initial call to set up an interview and had to call back maybe 10 times in order to reschedule the interview. The hiring manager made me wait an hour past my scheduled interview time. I was expecting to be interviewed indoors but it was actually outdoors. I had to complete a math exam prior to the interview. The interviewer was just asking me questions from a sheet of paper and she was writing down my answers. I got the job immediately after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done to go out of your way to please a customer.   View Answer
    The pay was non-negotiable.

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Braunfels, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Braunfels, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlitterbahn in April 2012.

I would consider this to be a VERY easy interview. Dress to impress, and you'll already have a leg up on the majority of applicants and employees. Try not to get weirded out when they hand you a box of crayons and other craft stuff, and tell you to draw something.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond to a frantic child, screaming at you to help them find their parents?   View Answer
    No negotiation is possible. All lifeguards receive minimum wage until a $0.10/hr raise for completing deep water certification. I did convince a lady in HR to give me an additional work T-shirt. You'll be given a fannie pack, hat, shirt, and swim trunks/one-piece.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galveston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galveston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlitterbahn in May 2010.

The company interviewed some candidates for a promotion within, and selected one.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, no offer letter, just oral acceptance.