Schlotzsky's Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 10, 2014
7 interviews

2.2

Team Member Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schlotzsky's in February 2014.

I put in an application at the insistence of two friends and was called about a week later. I was interviewed twice. The first interview was lead by a shift manager. She was very friendly and wanted to know how I felt about customer service. She told me exactly what she wanted to hear, and then asked a question about it, and all I had to really do in order to do well on the interview is just repeat her in other words. I made a decent first impression and felt confident about getting a call back, which I did. The second interview was led by the general manager, but he had a way of making himself scarce even with appointments made, and I ended up forgetting some documentation. This meant that it took a fairly long time for us to follow through. I see this problem in most new people that come for interviews during my shift. When we finally did get around to it, he was a very upbeat and energetic, and imposing person. He has a way of intimidating you into allowing him to lead the conversation, even as he's smiling and laughing and giving pep talks. Behind the show it was clear that he had very serious expectations of me, and he took every opportunity to remind me that he ran a tight ship. But for the most part he was just screening me, I had the feeling that I had already been hired, but he wanted to know about my working habits and what I was like as a person.

If you see yourself as a professional and take your work seriously even in the food service industry, then it shouldn't be hard to find work at Schlotzsky's. They will expect you to be self motivated with customer service as a first priority followed by professionalism.

Interview Questions
    • I only vaguely recall what they asked about, I was mostly grilled on how I approached customer service. It is a very customer oriented job.   Answer Question
    I tried to push for 9.00 but he would only give me 8.00, on the grounds that they were going to be giving out raises in coming months and that I would probably get one if I worked hard enough. This turned out to be a bit of a mistruth.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hapeville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hapeville, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Schlotzsky's in July 2014.

I applied for this job on July 22nd and scheduled an interview on the 24th. I only had one interview with one of the two managers (they are a married couple). I was asked about my job experience and what I had knowledge of, as well as, if I were up for certain challenges that weren't so appealing (cleaning bathrooms). We talked about my education and how I could possibly be working while I am in college. I believe the interview itself was fairly easy I suggest using eye contact almost all of the time. If you are uncomfortable with eye contact you might not get the position because it was used the entire duration of the interview. Speak clearly and don't be nervous the managers are people you can talk to!

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any of the questions asked extremely difficult or ones that caught me off guard at all.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, I believe everyone starts at 7.50, a quarter more than the minimum wage for Georgia.

Catering Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Schlotzsky's in January 2014.

Applied online in January. Had a death in the family and they were very lenient on interviewing at a later date. Went through 4 interviews: 1st in person, 2nd on phone, 3rd via Skype, and 4th in person.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a client was upset with you on the phone?   View Answer
    Very short, they had their mind set on base at $36000. I told them I needed at least $42,000. They said I would be making bonuses and commissions.

General Manager Interview

Very thorough process overall. I like that they include what they call a "Work Along" where the candidate works in a restaurant for a lunch rush. They encourage you to ask questions of the teams in order to see if you are a good fit. The interviewers were very personable.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't a question that I found too difficult, due to my extensive experience.   Answer Question

Team Leader - Cashier/Kitchen Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Schlotzsky's in May 2013.

Easy.

I didn't really negotiate.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Schlotzsky's in January 2011.

The interview isn't much, must of it is just one question and them smiling at you.

No negotciation

Contracts Admin Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schlotzsky's in March 2009.

They were very professional. Initial face-to-face 1-1 interview with the HR Rep. Next began the group interview with my two bosses.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I was aware of the salary from the Recruiter and acepted the offer as is.

Worked for Schlotzsky's? Contribute to the Community!