Schlumberger Business Analyst Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangkok (Thailand)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangkok (Thailand)

The process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2011.

A call from a senior manager. She asked me "if an IOC wants to invest in Indonesia, what will you do" This was a classic business case, so starting from demographics ==> company's expertise and balance sheet shall be good. Don't forget to take the interviewer as your own customer. Relay messages, listen and ask your client, etc. As suggested by Vaultcareer for business case interview with top tier managemetn consulting companies, practice business cases!

Interview Questions
  • if a company wants to invest in a country, what will you suggest to the client?"   Answer Question

I thought I forgot to ask and interact with the interviewer. I just gave her all i have in my head, from my gut, my brain, but i did not talk to her, my interviewer who should also have been perceived as my client.

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in February 2011.

The recruiting process in SBC in Mexico is quite long (4 months aprox).

Firstable you are asked to send a letter and CV, later on you are asked to make a 30 mins online test (gmat type).

For the next step you are invited to have two case interviews with two consultants in a hotel.

If you reach the next step, you will be asked to prepare a case presentation in front of the VP's and a pair of consultants (again in a hotel), that day you are asked to interact with the other presenters. It seems they want you to show how you answer to questions about the way you solve the case and to notice if you are the kind of guys who get along with the team or if criticize others work.

The next step consists on three case and personality interviews (1:1) with a project manager and the two VP's.

If you overcome this step finally you are in.

Advices:

As an advise,when talking with the people who were interviewed the presentation day we agreed one of the VP's is very presumptuous and sometimes offensive. For the rest of sbc interviewers they were in general nice people.

Interview Questions
    • You have to give a guesstimate about the auto tire's market in Mexico.   View Answers (2)
    • There is an option for a client to buy a taxi company, you have to give a recommendation wether to buy or not the cabs. You are given some info about costs, how many hours per day the cabs are working, gas price, costs, drivers salaries, etc.

So that you have to calculate if the option is profitable.
        View Answers (2)
    • You have to estimate the market of cigars   Answer Question
    • You have to estimate how many "eco-bycicles" you would install in a region of Mexico city, explaining your reasoning.   View Answer
    • You have to estimate how many passengers does a boeing 747 have to carry in order to make a profitable flight from place X to place Y. You have to ask for costs (also calculate them by yourself), ticket price, capacity, etc.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2010.

It was a good interview with a lot of behavioral question and some on-spot assesments

Interview Questions

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!