Schlumberger

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sugar Land, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2010.

Interview Details – A "Métier manager" at SLB was looking for a specific profile at the PhD level, found my resume online at my university website, and then contacted me directly.

First-round on-campus interview: 30 mins.
Second-round at-SLB interview: 1.5 days including 45-min research presentation, 1-on-1 with future manager and colleagues.

Decision made within days following second-round interview.

Interview Question – Interview was very technical, they invited discussion of my PhD work, but there were no "technical quiz" questions -- I hate those even though I do well in them, so the experience was positive.   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume on a career fair in my school in Singapore, got invited for the first round of on campus interview, which was more on the personality aspect. I got to share some stories about the exchange programme I went for and a few projects I have been involved in the past. A week after I was invited to the assessment center which consists of some group activity, impromptu speech and technical interviews with a panel of managers.

Interview Question – The hard part was the technical related questions from the panel who are themselves engineers. They will pick a project from your resume and ask you to elaborate in extensive details like pseudo-codes, functional diagram, electronic circuit etc. So, be prepared!   View Answer

Electrical Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – I got a email about interviewing on campus. The person there was nice, and did not ask me many technical questions.

Interview Question – Describe a tough issue in your school experience and how you accomplished that.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Schlumberger

Interview Details – Recruiting session among a group of 5 persons.
In Paris, it was all in English.
Company presentation, individual presentation with powerpoint, logic, mechanical, electrical tests and finally one to one interview.
It lasted 3-4 hours, went pretty great. However the position they offered me did not fit me well, because the job location was in Abbeville, close to Amiens.

Interview Question – Biggest decision you have ever made?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Schlumberger in September 2009.

Interview Details – Behavior questions and skills test. travel willingness required.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Was smooth.

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!