Schlumberger

Updated Feb 5, 2015
Updated Feb 5, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in April 2010.

A "Métier manager" at SLB was looking for a specific profile at the PhD level, found my resume online at my university website, and then contacted me directly.

First-round on-campus interview: 30 mins.
Second-round at-SLB interview: 1.5 days including 45-min research presentation, 1-on-1 with future manager and colleagues.

Decision made within days following second-round interview.

Interview Questions
  • Interview was very technical, they invited discussion of my PhD work, but there were no "technical quiz" questions -- I hate those even though I do well in them, so the experience was positive.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger.

First is online application which is relatively quick to finish. It does not involve any essay or covering letters, so just submit your cv and fill some information then there you are.
    Afterwards, I was invited to the assessment center that held in the Gatwick office. This test included presentation skill test (you will be asked prepare a presentation about your background, personal experience, as well as description about yourself). Then, you will have two tests (quantitative skill test and basic electrical engineering test). At the end of this section, you will be interviewed by the HR person. It mainly revolved around your leadership and technical project experience, and question what do you know about the company. Also, he asked me why I choose the position in R&D, would I mind to work in the field (I said that I do mind because I apply only for R&D job).
    The final stage is interview session in the R&D center. This would be my workplace if I got accepted. My advice is, prepare yourself about the technical skills and knowledge as much as you can. You will be challenged of some technical questions, about both of your projects and selected topic from interviewer. In the case when you think you cannot answer it, just don't show your nervousness. Try to approach the question gently to avoid yourself from further difficult questions.
    I was cut on the last stage. However, it was a very good experiences. I got the response a week after my last interview.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you unique?
      Why Schlumberger?
      Revise your past projects thoroughly before coming to the technical interview

Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2014.

I submitted my resume on a career fair in my school in Singapore, got invited for the first round of on campus interview, which was more on the personality aspect. I got to share some stories about the exchange programme I went for and a few projects I have been involved in the past. A week after I was invited to the assessment center which consists of some group activity, impromptu speech and technical interviews with a panel of managers.

Interview Questions
    • The hard part was the technical related questions from the panel who are themselves engineers. They will pick a project from your resume and ask you to elaborate in extensive details like pseudo-codes, functional diagram, electronic circuit etc. So, be prepared!   View Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger.

I got a email about interviewing on campus. The person there was nice, and did not ask me many technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a tough issue in your school experience and how you accomplished that.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Recruiting session among a group of 5 persons.
    In Paris, it was all in English.
    Company presentation, individual presentation with powerpoint, logic, mechanical, electrical tests and finally one to one interview.
    It lasted 3-4 hours, went pretty great. However the position they offered me did not fit me well, because the job location was in Abbeville, close to Amiens.

Electrical Engineer Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Schlumberger in September 2009.

Behavior questions and skills test. travel willingness required.

Was smooth.