Schlumberger Electronics Technician Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

It was a three day process. Company pays for your flight. They feed you and keep you in a nice hotel. You learn about the company the first day. Second day you meet the managers that are looking for new candidates. Third day is the final interview. They make their decision about a week or two after your interview.

Interview Questions

• What is Ohms law? How do you add resistance in a parallel circuit?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Tulsa, OK) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first, then was flown to Tulsa, OK for in-person interview. Stayed at a Hilton hotel and had a nice dinner when I got there at night. They even let us and encouraged us to have a few drinks during dinner. Everything was laid back. Attendees for the in-person interview were put into 4 groups to practice team building skills. Everyone was being evaluated the whole time.

Interview Questions

• What is the total resistance of adding two 100 ohm resistors in parallel. In series?   2 Answers

Electronics Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

The process was easy and streamline. It took place over a 3 day interview process in Tulsa, OK. The first day was a check in. The second day was introductions and an overview of the company followed by a team building exercise. The third day was the interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation allowed.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Tulsa, OK) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied thru a third party recruitment company. Had 2 phone interviews with them, 1st was telling me about the company and the 2nd was your basic interview with math and logic questions. Got invited to Tulsa, OK for the final interview. First day I had 2 hours to rest before the presentation started. Presentation was over the company and what it does. You have to introduce yourself to everybody first and tell them a little about you. After dinner they split us up into 3 groups and gave each group a stack of papers and we could only ask 1 question on what they wanted us to do with it. Eventually it was to build a paper tower and make it last the longest. The next day we woke up early and headed to the training facility in Kellyville. It was a great experience seeing the machines we talked about in person. After the tour we headed back to the hotel and we're assigned a 1:1 interview time. My interview was the first one so I could leave on time to catch my flight home. It seemed to me that. The interviewer already made up his mind on who he was hiring. He didnt ask much, mainly just clarified with me if I minded working in isolated places and working extreme hours. After the interview I boared my flight and went home. The interview was Monday and Tuesday and that Friday I received an email with the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, everything ( salary, benefits, location, etc...) Was set from the beginning. You some what have a say in location but not really.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Arlington, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Few tech questions with hiring manager was big thing with drug screen background check motor safety records check. then one on one with manager about the job in question. Not a problem The interview was good the people where nice and friendly. The process was done in a orderly fashion with all paperwork needed there to be signed and process after which you are sent for a hair drug screen so don't shave all your hair.

Electronics Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Complete Phone interview. Everything went well. Was scheduled for 2nd interview. Flew to location, and stayed at a nice hotel about 10 min from the airport. Was given coupons for dinner and breakfast at the hotel which was pretty decent. The first day you arrive at the hotel is pretty much your time to check in and prepare yourself for the next day. On the 2nd day you will meet in a conference room at the hotel. You have to give a brief introduction about yourself. KEEP IT SIMPLE!!!!! Do not stand up and brag about your self for 10 min. No one in the room cares if you created your own Tesla Coil in your barn and your generating 1.21 Jigawatts to open the space/time continuum. Your interview is being conducted the entire time that you are at this event. So just be yourself!!!! After everyone introduces themselves one of the staff will give you some information about a few of the services the company provides. Then you will head to training location for a tour of the training facility. It was pretty interesting. Ask questions while there. Also talk with the managers that are there. All of the ones that were at my event were pretty informative and straight forward. Tip! When you are talking to the managers remember that there are 25 other people that would like to talk to them as well. Don't Hog their time!!! Got that WOLFPACK!!!! After the tour you will go back to the conference room and complete the company presentation. The recruiting staff will let you know what positions they are trying to fill and the locations for each position. Around 6 or 7 they will have dinner which was also pretty decent. Be sociable and have a good time. Don't get plastered at the event! Your interview is still going on. After dinner most of us headed to the pub at the hotel and have a few drinks and talked with some of the managers that were there. On the 3rd day you will have an approximately 30min or so interview with a recruiter and manager. After the interview you will be told that you will hear something within the next 4 to 5 days. I received my job offer the next evening. BE YOURSELF!!!! Don't try to B.S. the staff! And don't kiss their butt. These guys have to spend long hours in remote locations with you. They have to be convinced that you can handle the job environment and be part of their team Was definitely the best interview I have ever been to. I had a great time, and met some great people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

On location. Salary was fixed, but not to bad for entry level position

Anonymous Employee in Rock Springs, WY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Rock Springs, WY) in August 2012.

Interview

It is really hard to get an interview. The only time I have been able to get one is by being at the Dept of Workforce services when their interviewer is in town. The interviewer is not an electronics tech. If you get past him then you will get a chance to go to an interview at their work facility in Rock Springs where someone who has electronics experience will ask you harder questions.

Interview Questions

• I was given a cup 3 paper clips and asked to make somthing   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Tulsa, OK) in July 2012.

Interview

I was first contacted by the Nicholas Charles recruiting office after I applied for an oilfield position dealing with electronics. Of course they were recruiting for Schlumberger. I talked with one of their recruiter for about 20 minutes and then had another interview that lasted for about 45 minutes that was more difficult. I was never really asked any tech related questions though. I got asked three weird riddle type questions that seemingly determined my fate. I missed the first two and answered the third right. After that I was sent a lot of Schlumberger paperwork to fill out and send back. Then I was contacted by Schlumberger and invited to interview in Tulsa, OK. They put me up in a ok hotel room with a roomate. The interview consisted of about 30 candidates and 10 other hiring managers along with some recruiters. The first night consisted of going through a going around the room introducing ourselves, the head recruiter explaining the company's worst aspects, a game where the candidates are broken up into 4 groups while answering questions about a few of the operations they carry out(careful though; we had a Schlumberger spy posing as a candidate in our group) and a fairly nice catered dinner. They had an open tab at the bar for the candidates and encouraged everyone to show up and talk with the hiring managers. Mine was not down there. I drank a few on Schlumberger though. The 2nd day was an 8:15am departure for the training facility in Kellyville, OK. You get a pretty good tour of the place where you will be attending training although it was ungodly hot out there in those coveralls. After that it is a ride back to the hotel(no shower, just change clothes and get your stuff and meet downstairs.) We were then given an interview time and told that they basically know who is gonna get hired already, but in all honesty, the interview is your last chance to impress. My interview was not really an interview, but more questions about my current position. After that I reported back downstairs, checked out with the recruiter, gave him my top three places I'd like to work, and checked out of my hotel room and that was that. I guess I was one of the ones they already knew they weren't going to hire based on my lack of experience with anything mechanical because I received an email the very next day telling me that they had nothing available that matched my qualifications. This whole process felt like a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Why is a manhole cover round?   1 Answer
    • What three things would you need to know to find out how many white dashes on the road between San Diego and Los Angeles?   1 Answer
    • You have five balls of equal size, a two sided balance scale, and one of the balls is heavier than the other. Using only two moves determine which is the heaviest.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Williston, ND

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Williston, ND) in November 2011.

Interview

Cattle call interview, then a 1:1 when they whittle you down to what you're good at.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. They start everyone in the field at entry level regardless of experience. The money makes it where you don't care.

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Bakersfield, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

They flew me to Tulsa, OK were I experienced a two day interview. They give you an overview of the company, feed you really good food and give you free beer. There was multiple group task challenges set up. They chose the groups. You get a tour of thier intial training facility that everyone has to attend for two weeks. The actual interview quesitons were surprising. You were sat down at a round table of about 6-8 people for dinner and just askied casual questions. It was not a typical interview session by any means. Then the recruiters asking the questions would move to another table after roughly 30 minutes.