Schlumberger

Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.7

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

Initial communications were very clear and professional. I received a call from the recruiter following our in-person conversation at a career fair. Several weeks from then I received a call from an actual employee and was interviewed for a specific position. Then I attended the recruitment day where along with other candidates. Each of us delivered a technical presentation, we also played several team-building games.

Interview Questions
  • Try to be yourself - I wasn't sure what was required during games but I believe it was important to demonstrate leadership together with teamwork.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger.

First round interview was at school. The intervier was trying to catch me off guard. Asked me very weird and confusing questions. Other people I talked to who had interview said theirs were very easy. It just depends on who you get. I had an upper level guy who does not normally give interviews.
    Got asked back for a second round in Texas.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Two step process. First interview with recruiter. Then a full day interview which covered presentation, team work and team competition.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was not a problem, the hard part was the next step of the selection process. Team work solving tests and competitions, and the presentation of any subject, and being prepare for whatever task they ask you to do that day.   Answer Question

They took couple of months to give me an offer and I took another offer to go to grad school.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in June 2012.

Submitted online application and got a call within a week. It was a telephonic HR interview. Questions were based on resume and standard questions on strengths and weaknesses. He asked if i would be interested hardware design and nothing out of the blue or unexpected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in April 2012.

I initially had a phone interview with the person under whom I will be working, if employed. It was very general, about my resume and work experiences and what kind of skills I have, willing to relocate etc etc.
    Then I was contacted again after a few weeks and was asked if I will be interested to fly to Houston for an interview. I said ok and scheduled a date. The interview was scheduled for the complete day, from morning 8 to evening 4. I was greeted by the same person, whom I will be working and then he took me to his office and asked me if I would like to have something to eat/drink. Very friendly conversation, I did not feel like it was an interview. then he started to talk about the work he and his department is into, and he showed me some of the tools they work and what kind of work I will be doing if hired. Then I was introduced to one of his group member and he explained in detail about the work he is doing and the scope of work for me. then we had a plant tour and met a few people. then I met a manger from other department who interview me for about 30-40 mins. he asked simple question, about my work/experiences and asked me a few situational questions like what will you do if some kind of problem arises, how did you handled a tough situation/challenge at work etc those kind of question and I was sent back to the 1st person again. Then we headed out for lunch with one of his group member for about 40 mins. then we talked for some more time about Houston, development in houston, how companies sustained in Houston during the tough economic times etc and then went for a walk within the company to meet few more people from various department. Everyone was very friendly, it was all casual talk, what did I study, where did I graduate from etc.

The main purpose of the interview is to make ourself comfortable with the environment and people of their company. Atleast that's what I felt and feel.

So guys be yourself, positive and confident. If you are easy going then its good.

Interview Questions
    • There was no such thing as difficult question. You will have to ask questions   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger in March 2012.

Got a 1:1 interview after the campus recruitment. Got selected for the final round of interviews at their Stechnology center. the final interview consisted of a presentation of my project and 3 1:1 interviews and it was positive experience though I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where your boss gave you a task and you did not want to do it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger in November 2011.

The first interview was for 30 min on campus. It was basically going over the resume. On site interview has tour of the company and consisted of 3 1:1 technical interviews. This interview was part of women in technology conference. The company looks for very smart people and the work load is seemed to be very high. This position was for an Electrical Engineering position.

Interview Questions
    • What are the various things to account for to convince the business department and the production department about a new product as an engineer from the design department   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger in June 2011.

The interview process was very interesting & different compared to a 9-5 job. You immediately sense that you aren't applying for a traditional job; rather, you're honored to have been selected to have an opportunity to a unique career path - one full of opportunities, challenges, and personal development. It's not for everyone but they disclose all the downsides of the fixed-step program.

Interview Questions
    • How do you determine if the light switch works in a refrigerator with the door closed?   View Answers (6)
    There's not much to negotiate. This is a large corporation that has predetermined the pay and the recruiters are well- trained to place you in a compatible segment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in January 2011.

Got a call from Schlumberger and was asked the following question:
    1) Briefly explained some of the content (mostly research related) of my resume
    2) What is teamwork for you? and give an example
    3) Why Schlumberger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in December 2010.

I applied on the website of the company and I had a phone interview 3 weeks later. The interview was mainly about my resume and my internships. No technical questions.

Examples of questions: do you work well under pressure? What did you learn from your previous internships?