Schlumberger

2.7

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2009.

College recruit, on-site intervew

Interview Questions
  • technical question (related to physics principles in major) but not too difficult   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in March 2009.

The interview was completely non-technical. The objective was to evaluate personality traits, such as ability to handle stress, work in a multi-cultural society and tough field environment. The conversation is largely vague and conventional behavioral questions are asked. It helps to prepare for the interview by thinking of illustration of personality traits associated to the resume. It helps have a detailed resume and it isn't uncommon for the interviewer to walk-through the entire resume and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of an instance where you have worked with little or no guidance/instruction.   Answer Question
    • If you believe your boss is wrong , how would you tell him?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in November 2008.

There was an interview process for a group; including several group challenge projects, a tour of the training facility and training driling rig as well as a presention of various positions within the company. The group interview included explicit information on compensation and benefits proposed drilling technical school for 18 month process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a situation where you encountered a safety issue with a co-worker and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Less money than current position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in January 2008.

My interview started with a presentation to a group of people from at three departments as they are interested in my expertise. Then it's a 1:1 interview and discussion with these personnel. Overall, it was quite positive for me because I could know more about this company.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions actually. If I have to choose one, it will be "why do you want to leave your current employer?"   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Phone interviews (2), face-to-face (5)

Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Mid career hire from the competition - who you know. Interviewed intially over the phone, then flown to HQ. Interviewed at the Product Center out for dinner then given a letter of employment 3 days later. One week later I was on a plane to my first location.

Interview Questions
    • As this was a mid career hire, I was already recommeded for the job - interview was really a get to know each other session.   Answer Question
    Relatively straight forward.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Depok, West Java (Indonesia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Depok, West Java (Indonesia)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2013.

communication test, aptitude test, group discusiion test

Interview Questions
    • haven't got any yet (still have some steps to pass all the test)   View Answer
    haven't got any yet (still have some steps to pass all the test)

Engineer Interview

First you have to submit your cv online. They will sort out CVz and call for interview. There are two interviews roughly. First interview is by HR department and the later one is by the relevant department for which the HR department refer you.

Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in February 2012.

Behavioral questions. Easy to answer. Just do research on slb before hand

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in February 2012.

Behavioral interview. Was very straight forward. Asked about specific things on my resume. Asked about teamwork, technical,