Schlumberger Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.7

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in June 2011.

was asked to give a presentation followed by a 1 to 1 interview competency based.

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in March 2011.

The guy was ok, didn't show any emotion whatsoever during the interview. Kind of gave a feeling of cold-shoulder during the interview and afterwards as well at the social. Common question they asked was there is a high turnover rate for the company and why do I want to work for them knowing them. Other people that I knew who interviewed with them didn't fare so well. One person stormed out of the interview room because the the person conducting the interview was very aggressive and just in general gave a really poor impression of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Given a high turnover rate in the company, why do you still want to be a field engineer?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in January 2011.

I got an interview through campus career fair. They email me to sign up for interview. In the interview, I introduce myself to interviewer. then he ask how well I know their company. I got one technical question which is ok, not too bad. In the end of interview, the interviewer told me that they will sent a notice to after two week of interview, but I didnt get any reply at all.

Interview Questions
    • two bars with same length, material properties, but one has larger diameter than the other. which one will break first if I apply same force on those two bars?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in January 2011.

I was given a Fisics Test, and if you passed the test, you will take the 1:1 interview, the only ask you about your personality and your life style, it was very nice and relax because, it was like a talk with someone that you know, you don´t have to be strees at that moment,, take it easy and you will pass to the second round !! : )

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in October 2010.

On-campus recruiting through university career center.
    First encounter at career fair. Second encounter at intimate information session. Third encounter at larger information session the night before the interview. The recruiters shared a lot of information about the company and were very helpful with answering questions. The sessions were good preparation for the interview because of both the content and meeting the recruiters.

Interview Questions
    • What was an example of a time when you led an activity on your own and was it successful?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger in September 2010.

I started talking to the company during a career fair and that led to an interview. They seemed very interested in past experiences and focused a lot on that. They also gave weird technical riddles that required an understanding of basic principles such as fluid dynamics, etc. Overall, not very difficuly

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger in June 2010.

followed SLB recruitment process at October 2007.but i am not graduate yet.
    it’s about 2 process remaining for me being accepted for field engineer. There are 2nd interview with user and medical check up…
    maybe, i will give you some advise with my experience followed those process….
    1) 5 minutes interview…
    you should ask the question as fast as possible and with highly confidence and a sign you can do everything for Schlumberger (but humanly) as well.
    2)group discussion…
    you should give full!!!!!! attention with your group and you should care with other member on group. you must not rejected any idea from your member frontally (even sometime odd) but you must give them rational reason why you are reject that idea. all of your member must active, not only yourself, DO NOT to over active!!!….when you present your conclusion with group.DO NOT talk too much and give a chance to your group member, and if recruiter ask questions, you should answer as fast as possible with rational reason as well…and if your friend answering an odd answer, DO NOT blame them, and DO NOT take over microphone until your friend finish his/her answer…at that time, all of member in my group,pass this step (Magnificence, right!!)
    3) interview with HR Manager (Recruiter)
    not as hard as previous step..you just asked about yourself, your family, and your CV .its about 20 minutes interview
    (this result is really late being informed, its about 4 month later, i did really curious this result)

Engineering Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in June 2010.

The first phone interview was short , about 15 - 20 minutes. Standard HR questions...Where do you see yourself in 3 years time?

The second phone by another recruiter, more detailed but standard HR questions again. Give an instance where you thought outside the box?

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you took leadership and resolved an issue   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in June 2010.

one day process, but went well, started with 45 minutes presentation. The communication skills are important. Technical interview was done by senior engineers and scientists.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in April 2010.

the interviewer was kind. She asked a common interview questions. I think she has a very solid ground to give any recommendation if someone has a good personal and interpersonal skill needed by the company. She wants to see if you are really have enough enthusiasm to join the company. So, all you need is confidence, sell yourself, and show your enthusiasm.