Schlumberger Field Engineer Intern Interview Questions

2.8

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in March 2014.

Applied online and got an interview offer. Went to a basic information session the day before the interview.

Interview was completely behavioral based with a simple problem solving riddles where you explain your thought process. Interviewer didn't ask me if I had any questions and frankly seemed cold but I still got a second interview invitation in Bakersfield, CA.

Before you go to the interview you are assigned a random team of other attendees where you will have to work together to put on a presentation about a branch of Schlumberger. You will spend the first evening doing these presentations from 8PM to 3AM at the latest. Stay focused and ask a few questions. The second day you are up and touring some of the surrounding fields and facilities. You are given a lot of chances to ask questions and get close up to the technology they use.

Interview Questions
  • You have 8 blocks and 7 are 1lb and 1 is 2lb. How do you figure out which one is 2lb if you can only use a scale twice?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Engineering Field Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Schlumberger in February 2014.

I got an interview through a recruiting event on campus. They contacted me a week after I spoke with them. The interview was pretty much like any other... suit and tie, asked why I wanted to work for Schlumberger, why I wanted to be a field engineer, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you felt out of place and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger in February 2014.

There are two rounds of interview for the internship. They are looking for people who can work well under pressure and with little sleep. They will take your resume seriously and question anything on it to make sure it is complete true. According to the information session they had the day before the interviews, they want to make sure you can handle anything thrown at you and they seemed like they really wanted to intimidate everyone, to weed out some potential applicants.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest thing was, the first 10 minutes of my interview was in Spanish. If you mention a foreign language on your resume you will be tested on it   View Answer

Field Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Schlumberger in February 2013.

I went to our school's career fair and then applied through the school's career website. I was emailed within the week to schedule a phone interview. The first interview is just behavioral questions. If selected the second interview is a 3 day interview at a specified location.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to work on something by yourself and if you didn't figure out what to do it would fail.   Answer Question

Intern- Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger in February 2013.

Pretty straight forward questions. The interviewer discusses your resume and asks you questions about your past projects. They also ask if you know what the job entails.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions since it was the initial phone interview   Answer Question

Field Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maadi Cornish (Egypt)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maadi Cornish (Egypt)

I applied through my college and got a call later from their HR to set a date for the interview. The interviewer went very smooth and friendly as it was a group interview. Everyone introduced himself and the interviewer asked everyone about their work experience from their CVs in details.

Field Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in February 2013.

Applied through my campus career center, ams was notified of an interview for the next week. Was asked to attend an information session that gave an overview of the company and was pretty interesting overall. The first interview was very casual and they seemed like they wanted to make sure that you are interested in working in tough conditions. I was not asked to a second interview but it sounds like its much more difficult.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions, they wanted to hear about my experience working in teams.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in February 2010.

Applied for interview through university career link, scheduled interview date.

accepted alternative offer.