Schlumberger

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Engineer Internship Interview

Field Engineer Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – Schlumberger notified me of interview selection by email after a campus career fair. I was able to choose from a range of time slots because of the on-campus recruiting/interview event. The interview went well because he/she asked basic questions about my resume, behavior, school, and lifestyle. For example: Why did you pick your engineering Major? Is it hard being far from home? What are some skills that make you qualified for this position? I see on your resume you have this... Why does this relate to the position?

Interview Question – What is your best Macgyver moment? In other words, tell me about a time you thought and acted creatively to improve upon a situation.   View Answer

Internship Field Engineer Interview

Internship Field Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Schlumberger in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was accepted for a first round interview. The interview was more behavior based, rather than technical. I had a follow up online questionnaire with Birkman Method. This analysed what kind of personality and work environment suited me best. I was then offered the internship in the Pathfinder segment. The internship was a great experience in that I learned more about what it was like to work in the industry and as a field engineer.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was what are five ways you can tell that a fridge light is on while the door is shut.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Field Engineer Internship Interview

Field Engineer Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – Met the recruiter at a career fair. Interviewing process was extremely straight forward and quick.

Interview Question – When have you ever failed?   Answer Question

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!