Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.9

Field Engineer Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Straightforward interview process. Typical behavioral questions on the first interview. Second interview consisted of three days full of presentations and team building activities. Recruiters evaluated presentation, public speaking, team building skills.

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger.

campus--phone interview---few general question,,,,why do you want to work with us and where do you see your self in five year... then asked me to a second interview in Houston,, and now I'm preparing for the second one.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger.

You sit in a small room and a guy asks you questions. Not building a space shuttle here. However, I need to meet a 50 word minimum so I'm writing more. Honestly, it's just a small space where a guy asks you questions.

Interview Questions
    • What's a challenge you encountered? How would you figure out how many pay phones are in a city? Do you like working outside? Do you hunt/fish/whatever in the outdoors? What do you think about not showering for 5 days? Would you sleep in a truck?   View Answer

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Schlumberger.

I applied at school job fair and I received an email a week Later for phone interview. Nothing was technical, most of the questions were asked about school projects and how did I deal with my group members. Now I am waiting for my second interview where I have to travel to Tx.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger.

The interview consisted of two components: Behavioral interview and presentation/technical interview. I received the first interview by my school's career fair and center. The Behavioral portion was pretty standard. The interview consisted of 7 questions and a simple technical question. After three weeks, the recruiter contacted me by inviting me to the second round. The second round was more technical over the presentation topic which you selected prior to arriving. There were early mornings and late night sessions. I believe this was the test to see if the candidates could deal with the demanding hours of a field engineer. For the last day, we saw the field and talked to recruiters about working locations. About a month later, I received and offer.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger.

So far, I've only had a first round interview. I would describe the interviewer as a seasoned veteran of the company who has experience in possibly every aspect of the field. In the two days I had contact with him (info session and interview) he had a lot of knowledge and experience to impart. To be honest, it was a privilege.

The interview itself was extremely relaxed. He had specific questions to ask about my fortitude and to ensure I would fit in, and that was about it. It seemed like the fastest half hour of my life. I hope it was easy because my resume spoke for itself and he already decided he liked me, but that's just speculation, and possibly wishful thinking. He replied to me and thanked me before I could even thank him. Very very impressed. I want to work for this company.

I will update as the process hopefully continues. I have not received an offer yet, interview was only yesterday. I still need to be invited to and pass a second round.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time, in a work setting, that you asked someone to do something and they said no.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

The process seems to be pretty well documented on here. I got the first round interview through a school career fair, which was a pretty generic 30 min interview. After two weeks, the recruiter emailed me with an offer to the second round. Second round started off with technical presentations that ran late into the night. Early next morning we went into the field and saw a couple different segments. When we got back to the hotel, I talked with the recruiter about my work preferences. A month later I got an offer.

Communication throughout the process was terrible.... There seems to be high turnover in HR since I've talked to three different recruiters in three different semesters. It was tough to get responses from the recruiters. Even after I got an offer, my emails got ignored. It was easiest to call the recruiters, but they don't give out their numbers. I only got it after I got called.

Furthermore the process of selecting a segment was very shady and seemed to be full of lies. My first choice was "closed" according to the recruiter, but somehow, my friend got in. Similarly, another person was told that the segment I was placed in was "unavailable currently". Additionally, this was only told over the phone, not email (no paper trail). Why lie to us? I was excited about working for SLB, but the hiring process has been very unprofessional, extreme, and has turned off.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Schlumberger.

The second interview is a group, onsite interview. Be prepared by researching Schlumberger, their services, and current developements in technology. We all presented in groups on different service segments. The recruiters also presented information on the different segments. There were team building excercises as well.

Interview Questions
    • You wil most likely be asked about your motiviation to be a field engineer. Be sure you know what it's all about. Demonstrating that you fit the field engineer lifestyle is key.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in February 2015.

The international came to school and did a presentation about the company and they need engineers. We handed in the resume after the presentation and then I received an email about doing a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about position you are applying for?
      What are the unique skills you have?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in February 2015.

Pretty standard one on one interview with typical team-focused questions and conflict resolution. They were interviewing lots of people, but due to oil prices being low they were constantly telling the candidates that they were hiring very few, if any people as the positions simply weren't available.