Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2014

2.9

417 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Schlumberger.

The 1st interview at my university's career fair was standard and did not get very technical. The 2nd interview, however, was designed to make new hires realize that the working hours will be difficult and that if you like being in touch with your family, this isn't the job for you. There are lots of hands-on team building exercises and minimal sleep over the 2.5 days.

Interview Questions
  • Collaborating with the other interviewees to come up with a presentation on one of the segments.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger.

After I got a on campus interview, I had a second interview at TX. I had a presentation about their production with a group. They ask about technical questions about their products. Furthermore, we visited on hydro fracturing site at 8:00 am and move to wire line site until 5:00pm.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about how you'd deal with the lifestyle of a field engineer - long hours, remote locations, etc   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger.

The process started with talking to recruiters at my university career fair, and I was invited to an on-campus interview one week after. The on-campus interview consisted of pretty standard behavioral questions. After passing the 1:1 interview, I was invited to an on-site, three-day interview that consisted of a group presentation, team problem solving challenges, facility and site tours, and a 1:1 exit interview. They try to see how well you respond to unfamiliar situations and challenges, as well as to see if you can function on as little sleep as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you failed at a project and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Started with an on-campus interview where most questions were basic character questions you'd encounter at any interview. They did through one problem solving question out at me though. This is for the field so make sure you seem eager about getting your hands dirty and that you recognize that working for this company is a completely different lifestyle.

The second interview is where they fly you out with a group of other field engineer prospects. They give you a ton of information about the different segments in the company. You give a group presentation over one of them. You get to go out to a rig and see the equipment. The exit interview at the end is only 10/15 min and they basically just want to know which segment you want to work for and why.

Interview Questions
    • Say you have a beaker of 8 ml that is full of water, and a 3 ml and 5 ml beaker that are empty. There are no measurement markings on any of the beakers. How would you measure out exactly 4 ml of water in the 8 ml beaker?   View Answers (2)

Field Engineer Interview

Went to my school career fair and talked to Schlumberger. After that, they scheduled me an on campus interview. The interview was short and did not consist of any behavioral questions like I expected. They just went over my resume and asked me if I had any questions.

Field Engineer Interview

Flown out to Bakersfield, CA. They keep you in a hotel and spend days interviewing, describing what they do and showing you the types of work they have out there. Very up front and blunt about the job hours and requirements, but in a helpful way. offered 60,000 to do open hole wireline

Interview Questions
    • They assign you a group and ask you to describe a field that they assign to you. It is very difficult to find the technical information they are looking for online.   Answer Question

decided to continue schooling, also semi low offer

Field Engineer Interview

The interview was a weekend long process. A group of about 20 interviewees were flown out for the weekend. We were split up into five groups ahead of time and told to create a presentation based on the topic they assigned us. When we first arrived we spent the entire afternoon and evening giving presentations, being asked questions, and then being given the same presentation from the Schlumberger perspective. We were kept up until about 2:30 am and then we were told we needed to be ready to catch the bus to visit a job site at 7:30 am. After the job site tour we were given a presentation on the job benefits package and then we all had individual exit interviews. The entire weekend was extremely informative.

Interview Questions
    • We were split up and asked to assemble a catapult from pencils, rubberbands, and a plastic spoon.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I had experienced four steps until I got my offer. First, on the career fair, introduce yourself and hand on the resume. Second, you are asked to accomplish a paper test. Then you will have the group interview. At last, a group task

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger in September 2014.

Had a very easy interview. I was asked mainly behavioral questions. The interview was very laid back. I felt like I did great and now I am waiting to see if I made it through to the second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online – interviewed at Schlumberger in August 2014.

The whole interview was over the course of 2 days. I arrived at 5pm and we started out be giving introductions. Then we went right into teams giving their presentations on their assigned segment. This went on until about 2am on the first night. Next day we woke up at 7am and went to a well site and to a facility. After that, we had exit interviews, then went out for dinner.