Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

404 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Field Engineer Interview

Flown out to Bakersfield, CA. They keep you in a hotel and spend days interviewing, describing what they do and showing you the types of work they have out there. Very up front and blunt about the job hours and requirements, but in a helpful way. offered 60,000 to do open hole wireline

Interview Questions
  • They assign you a group and ask you to describe a field that they assign to you. It is very difficult to find the technical information they are looking for online.   Answer Question

decided to continue schooling, also semi low offer

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Field Engineer Interview

I had experienced four steps until I got my offer. First, on the career fair, introduce yourself and hand on the resume. Second, you are asked to accomplish a paper test. Then you will have the group interview. At last, a group task

Field Engineer Interview

The interview was a weekend long process. A group of about 20 interviewees were flown out for the weekend. We were split up into five groups ahead of time and told to create a presentation based on the topic they assigned us. When we first arrived we spent the entire afternoon and evening giving presentations, being asked questions, and then being given the same presentation from the Schlumberger perspective. We were kept up until about 2:30 am and then we were told we needed to be ready to catch the bus to visit a job site at 7:30 am. After the job site tour we were given a presentation on the job benefits package and then we all had individual exit interviews. The entire weekend was extremely informative.

Interview Questions
    • We were split up and asked to assemble a catapult from pencils, rubberbands, and a plastic spoon.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online - interviewed at Schlumberger in August 2014.

The whole interview was over the course of 2 days. I arrived at 5pm and we started out be giving introductions. Then we went right into teams giving their presentations on their assigned segment. This went on until about 2am on the first night. Next day we woke up at 7am and went to a well site and to a facility. After that, we had exit interviews, then went out for dinner.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2010.

Everything is a test, be ready to stay awake for 24 out of 30 hours. take naps when you can, but never around the interviewers or anyone who currently works for them, be very interested and involved otherwise they don't see you as a good "fit"

on the same note, if it does not seem like a good fit - DON'T TAKE THE JOB, there are many other jobs with more forgiving hours and better work/life balances

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2013.

Had an initial interview on campus. The interview was about twenty minutes long. The second interview was in Oklahoma City. It consisted of making a pre-prepared presentation with a group of students, as well as group exercises. Also, there were two field visits that consisted of speaking with current employees of the company.

Interview Questions
    • They asked some fairly technical questions about the topic that your presentation was about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tuscaloosa, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2014.

I learned about Schlumberger at my campus career fair. Their recruiters were very laid back and approachable. A seminar like meeting was set up with all accepted interviewers where they gave an overview of the company and employment process On campus interviews were short, if accepted you were sent to a 3 day intense interview process a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to describe a time I didn't agree with the majority of a group and how I handled the situation. It caught me off guard during the interview, but I liked that they didn't stick to the generic interview process.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

You must emphasize your willingness to sacrifice personal life. They recruit large numbers of new graduates because they are very aware that their retention rate is extremely low.

Interview Questions
    • Company tries to trick you into admitting you are not as flexible and self-sacrificing as you appear to be.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in January 2014.

Pretty easy standard interview questions on campus. Definitely get an on-campus interview if you want to proceed. Talk about your resume, be interested, etc. Flew out to OKC for the onsite interview. Keep you up really late for the weekend interview. Wake up really early. Make presentations in teams about drilling. Be a team player, that's what they like to see. Go to site and ask questions. Be engaged. If you are in good standing, and do all of that, they will pick you. Try to apply to positions that actually interest you. Easier to talk about.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions really. Most unexpected: If you could be any TV character, who would you be and why?   Answer Question

Not the lifestyle for me after seeing the site.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Breeze! Applied through campus recruitment. This is the best and easiest route. Initial interview on campus and about 3 weeks later, I was invited to Bakersfield, Ca. I would advise to be yourself but not annoying. Pay attention, seem knowledgeable but be a sponge.

Interview Questions

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!