Schlumberger

Average Difficulty
390 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Schlumberger

Interview Details – You must emphasize your willingness to sacrifice personal life. They recruit large numbers of new graduates because they are very aware that their retention rate is extremely low.

Interview Question – Company tries to trick you into admitting you are not as flexible and self-sacrificing as you appear to be.   Answer Question

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in January 2014.

Interview Details – Pretty easy standard interview questions on campus. Definitely get an on-campus interview if you want to proceed. Talk about your resume, be interested, etc. Flew out to OKC for the onsite interview. Keep you up really late for the weekend interview. Wake up really early. Make presentations in teams about drilling. Be a team player, that's what they like to see. Go to site and ask questions. Be engaged. If you are in good standing, and do all of that, they will pick you. Try to apply to positions that actually interest you. Easier to talk about.

Interview Question – No difficult questions really. Most unexpected: If you could be any TV character, who would you be and why?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not the lifestyle for me after seeing the site.

Bakersfield, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – Breeze! Applied through campus recruitment. This is the best and easiest route. Initial interview on campus and about 3 weeks later, I was invited to Bakersfield, Ca. I would advise to be yourself but not annoying. Pay attention, seem knowledgeable but be a sponge.

Interview Question – How would I handle uncooperative operators?   Answer Question

Midland, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2014.

Interview Details – 1:1 Interview at University during Career Fair Week. Found out within 2 weeks for 2nd round interview. Schlumberger flew candidates out. First day was presentation and company information, second day were site visits and an exit interview, and the third day was used to travel home. Turnaround is fantastically fast. Very well planned process and recruiters were great and helpful.

Interview Question – Ask questions throughout the entire time you are there. You are there to learn!   Answer Question

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview involved a lot of questions about my resume. Specifically they keyed in on things that fit with their company. Furthermore, they gave some time to ask them questions about their company but overall it was more of them feeling out for the type of person I was.

Interview Question – Explain why you wanted to go into engineering over medicine?   Answer Question

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2012.

Interview Details – Brief on campus screening with basic technical interview followed by group interview on site. We were kept up very late and awoken very early in the morning for the oilfield tour. The onsite interview had a brief one on one interview at the end.

Interview Question – If your boyfriend was in town for your anniversary and you wouldn't see him again for months, but you had a shift on that day what would you do?   Answer Question

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – I had a first interview on campus during which I was asked typical behavioral interview questions like dealing with difficult co-workers and why I wanted to work for Schlumberger.

The next day I was informed that I had passed the first interview and that I would be invited to a second interview in Texas about a month later. About a week before the second interview, I received further information about the interview, including being assigned a topic and a team with whom I would prepare a 5-6 minute presentation on the specified topic. The interview would be a group interview with a little over twenty candidates.

The second interview started with an early flight to Texas, getting into a hotel in the early afternoon. The group interview started at 5pm. It started with everyone introducing themselves, and then the recruiters provided some general information about the company. After dinner, we started to go over the different segments of Schlumberger and the different job opportunities. Each team would give a presentation about the segment they were assigned to research, after which they were asked more detailed questions by the recruiters. The group interview was over at 2:30am.

At 7:00 am, we had breakfast in the hotel and went on a field visit to several Schlumberger field operations. His was very informative and interesting, but it was certainly a test of endurance to stay alert and engaged for the whole day.

During both the first and second days, the recruiters were taking notes on everything.

At 4:30 pm we arrived back at the hotel, and were given a time slot between 6pm and 8:30 pm during which we would have a one-on-one exit interview. During this interview with a recruiter I indicated my preferred segments and locations, and had the opportunity to ask any questions I had for the recruiter.

At 9 pm we went to dinner as a group with the recruiters and several Schlumberger engineers we had met during the day in the field. Upon return to the hotel around midnight we were released. My flight home left the next morning.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions were technical questions about the assigned topic after the presentation. I spent many hours researching my topic and was able to answer the questions satisfactorily, but there were other groups that struggled with some of the questions.   Answer Question

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – Interviewed during the Field Camp. They showed you all the segments and then asked you to list your favorites. Behavioral questions mainly.

Interview Question – Behavioral Questions   View Answer

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – I found slb during campus career fair. Talked to them and they scheduled a phone interview. In the phone interview they ask me the old goody questions (tell us about yourself, why slb, your weakness, ...). At the end they ask me (how many people go in and out of the JFK airport everyday). Remember, they are not looking for the right answer, they just want to know your thinking processes. After that, I waited about 4 weeks, then they sent me an email saying that they want me for s second face-to-face interview. In the second interview,they were 4 people and they ask the same questions, one asked me what would I do if I win the lottery today. They were very friendly, but it was very stressful.

Interview Question – How many people go in and out of the JFK airport everyday?   Answer Question

Little Rock, AR

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in December 2011.

Interview Details – Phone Interview. Talked about resume. Group interview and oil field exposure. Presented on company segments and did group problem solving (tried to build a catapult out of ordinary everyday items.) Exit interview (very brief, already had the job by that point.)

Interview Question – No difficult questions. All questions were just to explain previous experience.   Answer Question

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!