Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied through college career website and got an email for an interview held on campus. Had to fill out some documentation before an interview. It was 1:1 interview. Got asked several behavioral questions. Interviewed for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Field Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Straightforward interview process. Typical behavioral questions on the first interview. Second interview consisted of three days full of presentations and team building activities. Recruiters evaluated presentation, public speaking, team building skills.

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

The first interview was an on campus interview through the university -- very straightforward behavioral. The second round interview was a three day group interview, and they fly you out to a field location. It was very interactive. We had to do a presentation, demonstrate team work skills, and just show how we interact with others. Overall a great interview experience, and an unforgettable internship!

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

You sit in a small room and a guy asks you questions. Not building a space shuttle here. However, I need to meet a 50 word minimum so I'm writing more. Honestly, it's just a small space where a guy asks you questions.

Interview Questions

• What's a challenge you encountered? How would you figure out how many pay phones are in a city? Do you like working outside? Do you hunt/fish/whatever in the outdoors? What do you think about not showering for 5 days? Would you sleep in a truck?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

campus--phone interview---few general question,,,,why do you want to work with us and where do you see your self in five year... then asked me to a second interview in Houston,, and now I'm preparing for the second one.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work with us   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

I applied at school job fair and I received an email a week Later for phone interview. Nothing was technical, most of the questions were asked about school projects and how did I deal with my group members. Now I am waiting for my second interview where I have to travel to Tx.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger (Sugar Land, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

A recruiter came to school and gave a presentation about the Field Engineering position at SLB, and he took my resume and asked us to apply online. After one week I received an email to schedule a phone interview for next week. The phone interview took about 15 minutes and it was very easy just simple questions like tell me about the job that you are applying for. A week later a received an email for passing the first round of interview and then the second round was in Sugar Land, TX. Three weeks later, I went their with about 25 people from different schools. They booked and prepared everything for us and assigned me with two other people to make a presentation about one of the segment at SLB. They gave us contact information of everyone about two weeks before the interview and asked us to prepare a 10-15 mins presentation. They are not expecting you to know everything about that segment, but show them that you searched and did some work about, and be confident, and when they ask questions don't guess or say something you are not sure about because they know the right answer for their questions. The purpose of their questions is to let everyone else to know more about that segment. After we were done with the presentations, they divided us into different groups and gave us two cups, three straws and two balloons and asked to fill one cup with water and move the water to the next cup without moving any of the cups and with both cups setting on the same surface in 15 mins. Somehow, my team managed to get first place in that exercise. Then, the recruiter started giving a presentation about the life of a field engineer and hard it is and about benefits that a field engineer get and salary and everything. We finished at midnight, and he asked us to be ready to leave to the field tomorrow at 6:30 am! The next day, we went to the field and saw where a field engineer work and some of the things they do in their job and we also saw the classes since the location has a school for the employee. We spent about two hours in the field and went back to the hotel and had the one to one interview which is very short, I think the recruiter has to leave early or something because it just took like 5 mins. In this interview, we had to put the segment and a locations in order of preference submit that form, and literally just took that paper and asked me why did you choose that and that's it! about 10 days later which is yesterday, I got an email saying that I've passed the second round of interview and I'm now in the employment process. Overall, I think this was a really fun experience. I really enjoyed the second interview, and my advice for anyone having a the second interview soon is to prepare for the presentation, and be confident, try to be memorable by being active and asking questions and giving your opinion.

Interview Questions

• tell me what did you do after graduated from high school to this point including college projects? tell me about the job you are applying to? What is special about you? why did you choose that segment?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

The interview consisted of two components: Behavioral interview and presentation/technical interview. I received the first interview by my school's career fair and center. The Behavioral portion was pretty standard. The interview consisted of 7 questions and a simple technical question. After three weeks, the recruiter contacted me by inviting me to the second round. The second round was more technical over the presentation topic which you selected prior to arriving. There were early mornings and late night sessions. I believe this was the test to see if the candidates could deal with the demanding hours of a field engineer. For the last day, we saw the field and talked to recruiters about working locations. About a month later, I received and offer.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

So far, I've only had a first round interview. I would describe the interviewer as a seasoned veteran of the company who has experience in possibly every aspect of the field. In the two days I had contact with him (info session and interview) he had a lot of knowledge and experience to impart. To be honest, it was a privilege. The interview itself was extremely relaxed. He had specific questions to ask about my fortitude and to ensure I would fit in, and that was about it. It seemed like the fastest half hour of my life. I hope it was easy because my resume spoke for itself and he already decided he liked me, but that's just speculation, and possibly wishful thinking. He replied to me and thanked me before I could even thank him. Very very impressed. I want to work for this company. I will update as the process hopefully continues. I have not received an offer yet, interview was only yesterday. I still need to be invited to and pass a second round.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time, in a work setting, that you asked someone to do something and they said no.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

The process seems to be pretty well documented on here. I got the first round interview through a school career fair, which was a pretty generic 30 min interview. After two weeks, the recruiter emailed me with an offer to the second round. Second round started off with technical presentations that ran late into the night. Early next morning we went into the field and saw a couple different segments. When we got back to the hotel, I talked with the recruiter about my work preferences. A month later I got an offer. Communication throughout the process was terrible.... There seems to be high turnover in HR since I've talked to three different recruiters in three different semesters. It was tough to get responses from the recruiters. Even after I got an offer, my emails got ignored. It was easiest to call the recruiters, but they don't give out their numbers. I only got it after I got called. Furthermore the process of selecting a segment was very shady and seemed to be full of lies. My first choice was "closed" according to the recruiter, but somehow, my friend got in. Similarly, another person was told that the segment I was placed in was "unavailable currently". Additionally, this was only told over the phone, not email (no paper trail). Why lie to us? I was excited about working for SLB, but the hiring process has been very unprofessional, extreme, and has turned off.