Schlumberger

Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.9

426 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Brought a group of us to a district office and proceeded to keep us awake all night to see if we could handle long hours. Personality tests, team building etc.

Interview Questions
  • Do you think you can stay awake for long periods of time and remain standing for that time.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Field Engineer Interview

Called for an on-campus interview after the career fair. First-round interview as basic questions about behavior and how you work in teams. They never got back to me for a second-round, so i assume it went nowhere. Overall the interview was pretty easy and only around 20 minutes long. They were friendly and were interested in you.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Schlumberger.

It was a pretty standard procedure. They asked about things on your resume and if you can handle long working hours. There were two interviewers and both were very nice. One of the interviewer did most of the asking, while the other would just take notes

Interview Questions
    • Do you work well in groups after having very little sleep?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Schlumberger.

Received an email from recruiter to set up an on campus interview. Scheduled interview with relative ease. Mainly went over my resume during interview. Asked a few behavioral questions. Overall a positive experience.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Schlumberger.

The 1st interview at my university's career fair was standard and did not get very technical. The 2nd interview, however, was designed to make new hires realize that the working hours will be difficult and that if you like being in touch with your family, this isn't the job for you. There are lots of hands-on team building exercises and minimal sleep over the 2.5 days.

Interview Questions
    • Collaborating with the other interviewees to come up with a presentation on one of the segments.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger.

After I got a on campus interview, I had a second interview at TX. I had a presentation about their production with a group. They ask about technical questions about their products. Furthermore, we visited on hydro fracturing site at 8:00 am and move to wire line site until 5:00pm.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about how you'd deal with the lifestyle of a field engineer - long hours, remote locations, etc   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger.

The process started with talking to recruiters at my university career fair, and I was invited to an on-campus interview one week after. The on-campus interview consisted of pretty standard behavioral questions. After passing the 1:1 interview, I was invited to an on-site, three-day interview that consisted of a group presentation, team problem solving challenges, facility and site tours, and a 1:1 exit interview. They try to see how well you respond to unfamiliar situations and challenges, as well as to see if you can function on as little sleep as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you failed at a project and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Started with an on-campus interview where most questions were basic character questions you'd encounter at any interview. They did through one problem solving question out at me though. This is for the field so make sure you seem eager about getting your hands dirty and that you recognize that working for this company is a completely different lifestyle.

The second interview is where they fly you out with a group of other field engineer prospects. They give you a ton of information about the different segments in the company. You give a group presentation over one of them. You get to go out to a rig and see the equipment. The exit interview at the end is only 10/15 min and they basically just want to know which segment you want to work for and why.

Interview Questions
    • Say you have a beaker of 8 ml that is full of water, and a 3 ml and 5 ml beaker that are empty. There are no measurement markings on any of the beakers. How would you measure out exactly 4 ml of water in the 8 ml beaker?   View Answers (2)

Field Engineer Interview

Went to my school career fair and talked to Schlumberger. After that, they scheduled me an on campus interview. The interview was short and did not consist of any behavioral questions like I expected. They just went over my resume and asked me if I had any questions.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in October 2014.

I went to an international career fair on campus and I talked to the SLB recruiter and I gave him my résumé. He requested me to apply online so he can get the application so he can process it for the first interview. The interview was done two days after the initial meeting on campus and pretty much went well. I was basically asked some general questions about my résumé and if I was interested in the position applied. I was told then I was nominated for the second interview in Texas. About two weeks prior to the interview I was sent some documentations to fill out and sign. Flying and accommodation is covered by the company. One week before the interview, I was sent an agenda for what we will do during the second interview session. My interview will be next week so hopefully everything will go smoothly! I haven't offered anything yet so that's why I answered NO to the question below! I will know by next week and hopefully I will get hired!

Interview Questions
    • Non so far! Just tell me about your self!   View Answer