Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2014

2.9

414 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macaé (Brazil)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macaé (Brazil)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger in November 2009.

I solidified an on-campus interview at my college's Career Fair. Just went up to the booth, started talking and asked how I get an interview. That interview went well, I knew plenty about the company ahead of time (online reasearch). Then, I got flown out to Texas for 2 days for the interview process. It was grueling, presentations until 2am and bus from the Hotel at 7am, then back for interviews until 2am again. It was tough, but obviously weeds people out, as half of the people in my group realized they couldn't do it. I loved it and accepted the job later when it was offered.

Interview Questions
  • What are you most proud about yourself for?   View Answer
I didn't negotiate. I asked around and heard that it wasn't worth the trouble, not to mention it was by far the highest offer I received, so how do I negotiate with that?

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Field Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in May 2009.

It's the group dynamics interview so much pressure.

I don't know but I think being too leader is not quit good.

Field Engineer Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger in December 2010.

The interview was a two days process. They invited you for a dinner the first night and did 9 hours of group activities and presentations until 4 am in the morning and expected you to go to site visit at 7am again. The interview process was long and super tiring. Candidates also had to share hotel rooms.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? What set you apart from the other candidates?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger in March 2011.

The first thing I did was a maths/pkysics test in 45 minutes and 20 questions some easy, some hard. The next step was a 1:1 Iinterview with the recruiter and the last step were a 2day procees with visits to the base and group activities and tests. 3 days later I was called to an extra interview and then was accepeted as an IOM in India.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in June 2012.

Basicly the interviewer ask about family background and stuff. After that, your achievement at campus life. Why do you want to work at SLB? and what do you wanna be in the next 5 years

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger in November 2012.

Interviewed on campus first, selected for second interview in San Antonio. They gave us a schedule about a week beforehand, unlike Halliburton and Baker Hughes who keep you in the dark. We were assigned group presentations about a specific PSL (wireline, coiled tubing, etc.), and presented the first night. The first night was basically an overview of the company, along with a team building activity, and the previously mentioned presentations. We started at 6pm, and didnt end until 345 in the morning. We had to be dressed and ready by 630 to visit one of their field locations the next day. This field visit was very cool and getting to see an actual rig site is helpful. The day ended with a 15 minute exit interview and dinner. The exit interview is the last opportunity for you to make an impression and preference your location and product service line. I was offered a position at this stage, but that is not necessarily a common occurrence (I had several pending offers), and it can take a while for them to get back with you.

Interview Questions
    • How would you distinguish two different cups of water if you had to pour both of them into a large bowl   View Answer

I had better offers, not willing to commit to the required lifestyle, did not receive my location preference

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger in June 2014.

Interviewed at Schlumberger in June 2014.

I attend a group 2 days assessment. The first day was for company presentation, 3 aptitude test (logical,mathematics and mechanical tests). The second day started with personal presentation of each candidate ( weakness are really important, be carefull), then two group exercises and face to face interview. During the interview, you have to assembly a valve in 5 minutes watching the technical draw.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in April 2014.

I learned about Schlumberger at my campus career fair. Their recruiters were very laid back and approachable. A seminar like meeting was set up with all accepted interviewers where they gave an overview of the company and employment process On campus interviews were short, if accepted you were sent to a 3 day intense interview process a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to describe a time I didn't agree with the majority of a group and how I handled the situation. It caught me off guard during the interview, but I liked that they didn't stick to the generic interview process.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in July 2014.

CV selection followed by Group discussion on two topics (time limit = 5 minutes). After GD group activity or case study such as analyzing a situation and answering the Qns.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger in October 2010.

Everything is a test, be ready to stay awake for 24 out of 30 hours. take naps when you can, but never around the interviewers or anyone who currently works for them, be very interested and involved otherwise they don't see you as a good "fit"

on the same note, if it does not seem like a good fit - DON'T TAKE THE JOB, there are many other jobs with more forgiving hours and better work/life balances