Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

404 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milan (Italy)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in June 2014.

Interviewed at Schlumberger in June 2014.

I attend a group 2 days assessment. The first day was for company presentation, 3 aptitude test (logical,mathematics and mechanical tests). The second day started with personal presentation of each candidate ( weakness are really important, be carefull), then two group exercises and face to face interview. During the interview, you have to assembly a valve in 5 minutes watching the technical draw.

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in June 2012.

Basicly the interviewer ask about family background and stuff. After that, your achievement at campus life. Why do you want to work at SLB? and what do you wanna be in the next 5 years

Field Engineer Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in December 2010.

The interview was a two days process. They invited you for a dinner the first night and did 9 hours of group activities and presentations until 4 am in the morning and expected you to go to site visit at 7am again. The interview process was long and super tiring. Candidates also had to share hotel rooms.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? What set you apart from the other candidates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in November 2012.

Interviewed on campus first, selected for second interview in San Antonio. They gave us a schedule about a week beforehand, unlike Halliburton and Baker Hughes who keep you in the dark. We were assigned group presentations about a specific PSL (wireline, coiled tubing, etc.), and presented the first night. The first night was basically an overview of the company, along with a team building activity, and the previously mentioned presentations. We started at 6pm, and didnt end until 345 in the morning. We had to be dressed and ready by 630 to visit one of their field locations the next day. This field visit was very cool and getting to see an actual rig site is helpful. The day ended with a 15 minute exit interview and dinner. The exit interview is the last opportunity for you to make an impression and preference your location and product service line. I was offered a position at this stage, but that is not necessarily a common occurrence (I had several pending offers), and it can take a while for them to get back with you.

Interview Questions
    • How would you distinguish two different cups of water if you had to pour both of them into a large bowl   View Answer

I had better offers, not willing to commit to the required lifestyle, did not receive my location preference

Field Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2009.

It's the group dynamics interview so much pressure.

I don't know but I think being too leader is not quit good.

Field Engineer Interview

The process took 6 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2011.

The first thing I did was a maths/pkysics test in 45 minutes and 20 questions some easy, some hard. The next step was a 1:1 Iinterview with the recruiter and the last step were a 2day procees with visits to the base and group activities and tests. 3 days later I was called to an extra interview and then was accepeted as an IOM in India.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Macaé (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macaé (Brazil)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in November 2009.

I solidified an on-campus interview at my college's Career Fair. Just went up to the booth, started talking and asked how I get an interview. That interview went well, I knew plenty about the company ahead of time (online reasearch). Then, I got flown out to Texas for 2 days for the interview process. It was grueling, presentations until 2am and bus from the Hotel at 7am, then back for interviews until 2am again. It was tough, but obviously weeds people out, as half of the people in my group realized they couldn't do it. I loved it and accepted the job later when it was offered.

Interview Questions
    • What are you most proud about yourself for?   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate. I asked around and heard that it wasn't worth the trouble, not to mention it was by far the highest offer I received, so how do I negotiate with that?

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in September 2010.

Schlumberger recruiters came to my university. They called last year students, in graduation process and recently graduted. After a presentation about the company they took a test to only people already graduated and the rest were asked to leave.
    The test was easy, the biggest difficult was solving the math on time, they where on almost every question, 4.56/23.7, 43.89899*65.3398, an so on.., the kind of calculations you usually solve with a calculator.
    After that they call you for and interview on English

Interview Questions
    • Besides anything yo do with your professional career, how do you see yourself on 5 years?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in January 2011.

Two-day interview process was long and informative. We stayed up late after a long day of travel (I ended up giving my presentation after midnight), and then woke up early the next day to travel out to the rig. Needless to say, everyone was rested when they could on the ride back to the base.

Interview Questions
    • What would be a deal-breaker for considering you job at SLB?   View Answer
    Be able to work anywhere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alice, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alice, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in January 2011.

Fly you out to the site, put you through hell and back. keep you up extra late just to see if you can hang. But all you really need to do is tell people what they want hear.. Like yes i don't mind going to Siberia. I dont mind being away from my family..... lie, lie and look interested and you will get the job . It might not be the ob you want but at least i have one offer.

Interview Questions
    You cant negotiate they pay pretty rigif.

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!