Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

397 interviews

2.9

397 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Field Engineer Interview

It started with a Group Discussion - Your plane has crashed, list of items available to you, in a group select top 3 items you will carry. This was followed by a general Personal Interview for shortlisted candidates

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Field Engineer Interview

The selection process consisted of a group discussion round followed by group activity round and finally HR interview.
    Group discussion round was easy with topics like LEFT OR RIGHT, BRAIN VS MUSCLE etc
    Group activity round was about making an OIL RIG out of the things they provide us and sell it.

Anonymous Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I interviewed online - interviewed at Schlumberger in August 2014.

The whole interview was over the course of 2 days. I arrived at 5pm and we started out be giving introductions. Then we went right into teams giving their presentations on their assigned segment. This went on until about 2am on the first night. Next day we woke up at 7am and went to a well site and to a facility. After that, we had exit interviews, then went out for dinner.

Field Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2010.

Everything is a test, be ready to stay awake for 24 out of 30 hours. take naps when you can, but never around the interviewers or anyone who currently works for them, be very interested and involved otherwise they don't see you as a good "fit"

on the same note, if it does not seem like a good fit - DON'T TAKE THE JOB, there are many other jobs with more forgiving hours and better work/life balances

Field Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2013.

Had an initial interview on campus. The interview was about twenty minutes long. The second interview was in Oklahoma City. It consisted of making a pre-prepared presentation with a group of students, as well as group exercises. Also, there were two field visits that consisted of speaking with current employees of the company.

Interview Questions
    • They asked some fairly technical questions about the topic that your presentation was about.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in July 2014.

CV selection followed by Group discussion on two topics (time limit = 5 minutes). After GD group activity or case study such as analyzing a situation and answering the Qns.

Anonymous Employee  in  Tuscaloosa, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2014.

I learned about Schlumberger at my campus career fair. Their recruiters were very laid back and approachable. A seminar like meeting was set up with all accepted interviewers where they gave an overview of the company and employment process On campus interviews were short, if accepted you were sent to a 3 day intense interview process a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to describe a time I didn't agree with the majority of a group and how I handled the situation. It caught me off guard during the interview, but I liked that they didn't stick to the generic interview process.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

You must emphasize your willingness to sacrifice personal life. They recruit large numbers of new graduates because they are very aware that their retention rate is extremely low.

Interview Questions
    • Company tries to trick you into admitting you are not as flexible and self-sacrificing as you appear to be.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Milan (Italy)
    Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in June 2014.

Interviewed at Schlumberger in June 2014.

I attend a group 2 days assessment. The first day was for company presentation, 3 aptitude test (logical,mathematics and mechanical tests). The second day started with personal presentation of each candidate ( weakness are really important, be carefull), then two group exercises and face to face interview. During the interview, you have to assembly a valve in 5 minutes watching the technical draw.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Milan (Italy)
    Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in June 2014.

Applied online and got a called in June 2013. Could not attend the interview, but they called me again this year. I attend a group assessment. The first day was split in three parts: company presentation, 3 aptitude test and half of the people made 1:1 interview. The aptitude test were Abstract Reasoning, Mechanical Reasoning and Numerical Reasoning. I suggest to review all basic formula from math (volume, area, abbreviated formula, derivates, factorial numbers), physics (ohms law, speed, density, forces) and mechanics (springs, gears, equilibrium situation) plus all the conversion units. The second day started with personal presentation of each candidate ( be careful to express good the weakness that can affect your work), then two group exercises ( one with the importance of some objects when u are in the middle of the sea and the other one to build a paper bridge 1m heigh and 80cm large with 20 paper sheets and scotch), then the 1:1 interview with the rest of the candidates. During the interview, you have to assembly a valve in 5 minutes watching the technical draw.

The whole experience was really nice, the atmosphere was relaxed and I am really happy I attend it.

The results are coming in one month, so I still must wait for the answer ...

Interview Questions
    • Everything was in the normal range of difficulty, nothing unexpected.   View Answer

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!