Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Ithaca, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied to SLB's field engineering intern position in September 2014 when they arrived on campus for our career fair. The interview itself was pretty standard, only asked behavioral questions and didn't ask any technical ones.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (University Park, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a very basic interview with completely behavioral questions. The interviewer was very calm and collective and made the entire process very easy and comfortable. There were many students at my university with interviews so at times I felt as if the interviewer was rushing to get through us and move on to the next person, so sometimes it felt as if he was interrupting to go on to the next question when I would be trying to elaborate further.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Khobar (Saudi Arabia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Khobar (Saudi Arabia)) in April 2014.

Interview

easy three steps and exam and presentation long day from 7 to 5 and made small projet and also ask me about far away field and the environment and many manger did the interviews and exams

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Austin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was hosted on campus. Recruiter were very nice. The interview question were all about self behavior questions. They were asking for my part of story.However, did not hear anything back from them later on.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge in your life? how did you do?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Invited to Schlumberger office in Aberdeen and was asked to give a 5 min presentation of a topic before a panel of judges, who then proceeded to quiz me on said topic.The next stage was an intro presentation by the recruiters about Schlumberger's business. The final stage involved a one on one technical interview with senior engineers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Midland, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

The process was through the campus recruiting group and it took around 6 weeks since the day of the interview. They flew us to midland, tx and made us stay and listen to their presentations for 8 hours and then we had to give presentations for almost 5 hours. the whole day ended at 3:30 am and then we had to wake up the next day to go to a rig side at 7 am.

Interview Questions

• describe a time that you had to correct your self.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

I found SLB through a career fair at school. After dropping off an application I got an on campus interview a few weeks later. This was a pretty standard interview with no technical and only one problem solving question. Second round involved a two day interview process. Prior to attending groups were assigned projects relating to oilfield operations. Groups had minimal time to prepare and present starting on the first night. Along with a couple of team building exercises the group was forced to stay up late into the night to gauge applicant's fatigue and teamwork. The next day consisted of an early morning wake up call to visit multiple well sites in the local area. The process ended with a one-one short interview mostly discussing the goals of the applicant and where they would want to be position. At the time of the interview oil was $100+/bbl so that may have effected the competitive factor. As far as I know everyone who applied was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• You are given two candles of equal size, which can burn 1 hour each or both sides of the candle can be burned simultaneous so that they burn for 30 minutes. You have to measure 45 minutes with these candles. (There is no scale or clock). You are also given a lighter.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a job fair at school. I set up and interview with them, and we met for about 10 minutes for the interview. It was mainly questions about my work ethic, if I was willing to relocate for work. A few days later they let me know I have been offered an internship, and a job after if I get accepted.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

2 on-campus interviews, 1 group interview in Texas (2 days). Group session involved company overview, team problem-solving activity, as well as small-group presentations. There was plenty of time to ask questions of the recruiters during the process, and they were quite open with their information.

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Norman, OK) in September 2011.

Interview

I got the interview by attending a career fair at school. I talked to one of the recruiters and left my resume. Then about two weeks later I got an email about possibly having a 1:1 interview. Then they call me to schedule the time.