Schlumberger

Updated Nov 25, 2014

2.9

427 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Field Engineer Interview

First interview was on campus. Second interview they flew me out to Bakersfield CA where we did group activities and presentations until about 3am. Then we woke up and had a field trip as well as exit interviews one on one. I am currently awaiting an offer, and its been 1 1/2 weeks.

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in June 2014.

They contact me at thw university. That day they took me a test of basic maths and physics. I passed the test so I had a personal interview next day.

About three weeks after that they invited me to travel to Neuquen for a 2 days asessment center. In that asessment they tested my capacity of work in a team, and also had some test about technical tools of their activity, they bring you all material and you had to study it and night. they couldnt let you sleep more than 2-3 hours per night.

Interview Questions
    • They asked us to messure a pipeline with several components in a group of three   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger in September 2014.

They came to our campus, UT Austin, to recruit. They gave out A LOT of interviews. Basically the interviews were just like "why do you want to work for schlumberger" and "do you know what a field engineer is?"

The first interview is basically just a screening process to see if you know what you're getting into. So if you say something like "i want to work in an office in houston" or something like that, you'll definite get rejected.

After that they flew me out to midland for the "schlumberger experience". We're doing a group presentation about one of their service lines there and there will be recruiting managers there.

Interview Questions
    • Where does a field engineer work? It's not a difficult question, but but it's basically just a screening question to make sure you're the right fit for the job.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in September 2014.

Apliquei na Rússia no processo de recrutamento para universidades. Os testes e as entrevistas foram feitas em Angola. 1- os testes de conhecimento eram sobre matemática e mecanica com lógica. Facil tal como os testes e assim como a entrevista. Tudo relaxado, a apresentação do projecto técnico é como se fosse defesa dum trabalho.

Field Engineer Interview

Called for an on-campus interview after the career fair. First-round interview as basic questions about behavior and how you work in teams. They never got back to me for a second-round, so i assume it went nowhere. Overall the interview was pretty easy and only around 20 minutes long. They were friendly and were interested in you.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Schlumberger.

It was a pretty standard procedure. They asked about things on your resume and if you can handle long working hours. There were two interviewers and both were very nice. One of the interviewer did most of the asking, while the other would just take notes

Interview Questions
    • Do you work well in groups after having very little sleep?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Brought a group of us to a district office and proceeded to keep us awake all night to see if we could handle long hours. Personality tests, team building etc.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you can stay awake for long periods of time and remain standing for that time.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Schlumberger.

Received an email from recruiter to set up an on campus interview. Scheduled interview with relative ease. Mainly went over my resume during interview. Asked a few behavioral questions. Overall a positive experience.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in October 2014.

I went to an international career fair on campus and I talked to the SLB recruiter and I gave him my résumé. He requested me to apply online so he can get the application so he can process it for the first interview. The interview was done two days after the initial meeting on campus and pretty much went well. I was basically asked some general questions about my résumé and if I was interested in the position applied. I was told then I was nominated for the second interview in Texas. About two weeks prior to the interview I was sent some documentations to fill out and sign. Flying and accommodation is covered by the company. One week before the interview, I was sent an agenda for what we will do during the second interview session. My interview will be next week so hopefully everything will go smoothly! I haven't offered anything yet so that's why I answered NO to the question below! I will know by next week and hopefully I will get hired!

Interview Questions
    • Non so far! Just tell me about your self!   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2011.

A typical interview

Each interview lasts 45 minutes

First, you will be invited to present your motivation, your educational background and past experiences

Then, your skills will be tested specific to the energy industry

Finally, you will have the opportunity to have a casual conversation when they will answer your questions about the job

Interview Questions
    • The decision will be communicated to you, and their human resources team will provide you with feedback on your performance.   Answer Question