Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.9

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Very vigorous two day interview, taken to a five start hotel had great time chatting with the recruiter, he knew what he was doing. First day one recruiter then the second day about five for the group presentations. The experience was great and it was one of my best interviews

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger (Sugar Land, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

A recruiter came to school and gave a presentation about the Field Engineering position at SLB, and he took my resume and asked us to apply online. After one week I received an email to schedule a phone interview for next week. The phone interview took about 15 minutes and it was very easy just simple questions like tell me about the job that you are applying for.

A week later a received an email for passing the first round of interview and then the second round was in Sugar Land, TX. Three weeks later, I went their with about 25 people from different schools. They booked and prepared everything for us and assigned me with two other people to make a presentation about one of the segment at SLB. They gave us contact information of everyone about two weeks before the interview and asked us to prepare a 10-15 mins presentation. They are not expecting you to know everything about that segment, but show them that you searched and did some work about, and be confident, and when they ask questions don't guess or say something you are not sure about because they know the right answer for their questions. The purpose of their questions is to let everyone else to know more about that segment.

After we were done with the presentations, they divided us into different groups and gave us two cups, three straws and two balloons and asked to fill one cup with water and move the water to the next cup without moving any of the cups and with both cups setting on the same surface in 15 mins. Somehow, my team managed to get first place in that exercise. Then, the recruiter started giving a presentation about the life of a field engineer and hard it is and about benefits that a field engineer get and salary and everything. We finished at midnight, and he asked us to be ready to leave to the field tomorrow at 6:30 am!

The next day, we went to the field and saw where a field engineer work and some of the things they do in their job and we also saw the classes since the location has a school for the employee. We spent about two hours in the field and went back to the hotel and had the one to one interview which is very short, I think the recruiter has to leave early or something because it just took like 5 mins. In this interview, we had to put the segment and a locations in order of preference submit that form, and literally just took that paper and asked me why did you choose that and that's it! about 10 days later which is yesterday, I got an email saying that I've passed the second round of interview and I'm now in the employment process.

Overall, I think this was a really fun experience. I really enjoyed the second interview, and my advice for anyone having a the second interview soon is to prepare for the presentation, and be confident, try to be memorable by being active and asking questions and giving your opinion.

Interview Questions

• tell me what did you do after graduated from high school to this point including college projects? tell me about the job you are applying to? What is special about you? why did you choose that segment?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger (Gatwick, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

CV only, which was a plus. Positive phone interview. Tell me about yourself. A time when you had a conflict in a team. Invite to AD a few days after. Had to do a 5 min presentation, very straightforward. Interviewer seemed to really like it. Then team exercise. Then individual interview, was going well until the interviewer asked me about my a level grades (not good) and why I hadn't pursued an internship during uni, which threw me. Lovely people though.

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

The first interview was an on campus interview through the university -- very straightforward behavioral. The second round interview was a three day group interview, and they fly you out to a field location. It was very interactive. We had to do a presentation, demonstrate team work skills, and just show how we interact with others. Overall a great interview experience, and an unforgettable internship!

Field Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Straightforward interview process. Typical behavioral questions on the first interview. Second interview consisted of three days full of presentations and team building activities. Recruiters evaluated presentation, public speaking, team building skills.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

campus--phone interview---few general question,,,,why do you want to work with us and where do you see your self in five year... then asked me to a second interview in Houston,, and now I'm preparing for the second one.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work with us   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger (Chico, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The international came to school and did a presentation about the company and they need engineers. We handed in the resume after the presentation and then I received an email about doing a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about position you are applying for?
      What are the unique skills you have?

Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

You sit in a small room and a guy asks you questions. Not building a space shuttle here. However, I need to meet a 50 word minimum so I'm writing more. Honestly, it's just a small space where a guy asks you questions.

Interview Questions

• What's a challenge you encountered? How would you figure out how many pay phones are in a city? Do you like working outside? Do you hunt/fish/whatever in the outdoors? What do you think about not showering for 5 days? Would you sleep in a truck?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Schlumberger (Accra (Ghana)) in April 2013.

Interview

It was a whole day event made up of four parts: A Schlumberger info session; A presentation on strengths, weaknesses and past experience - It was an opportunity to pitch for the job without being interrupted for 5minutes; A teamwork session - we were given a task to complete as a group and show your ability to work in a group. The final session was more technical. We were each given engineering drawings and parts to assemble according to the drawing. This was the only session where we faced the panel individually.

Interview Questions

• Which segment do you want to join?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

I applied at school job fair and I received an email a week Later for phone interview. Nothing was technical, most of the questions were asked about school projects and how did I deal with my group members. Now I am waiting for my second interview where I have to travel to Tx.