Schlumberger

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.9

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger.

So far, I've only had a first round interview. I would describe the interviewer as a seasoned veteran of the company who has experience in possibly every aspect of the field. In the two days I had contact with him (info session and interview) he had a lot of knowledge and experience to impart. To be honest, it was a privilege.

The interview itself was extremely relaxed. He had specific questions to ask about my fortitude and to ensure I would fit in, and that was about it. It seemed like the fastest half hour of my life. I hope it was easy because my resume spoke for itself and he already decided he liked me, but that's just speculation, and possibly wishful thinking. He replied to me and thanked me before I could even thank him. Very very impressed. I want to work for this company.

I will update as the process hopefully continues. I have not received an offer yet, interview was only yesterday. I still need to be invited to and pass a second round.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time, in a work setting, that you asked someone to do something and they said no.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in October 2013.

The first round interview took place through an onsite school interview. Second round about a month later was onsite in Bakersfield California for me. Second round was more intense with multiple visits and tasks. There was a presentation necessary for the second round which was done the first night there. For this presentation you and to work with kids from different schools.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much of a negotiation phase

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger.

The interview consisted of two components: Behavioral interview and presentation/technical interview. I received the first interview by my school's career fair and center. The Behavioral portion was pretty standard. The interview consisted of 7 questions and a simple technical question. After three weeks, the recruiter contacted me by inviting me to the second round. The second round was more technical over the presentation topic which you selected prior to arriving. There were early mornings and late night sessions. I believe this was the test to see if the candidates could deal with the demanding hours of a field engineer. For the last day, we saw the field and talked to recruiters about working locations. About a month later, I received and offer.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in November 2014.

Had an interview on campus. was basic just get to know you type of interview. I had no hard questions or anything like that. Then I went to Oklahoma City for a more formal interview. this was more hard. they kept us up until 3AM then had to be up at 6 but I enjoyed the time.

Interview Questions
    • Degree, Why you chose that, where are you from, why did you chose this school   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

The process seems to be pretty well documented on here. I got the first round interview through a school career fair, which was a pretty generic 30 min interview. After two weeks, the recruiter emailed me with an offer to the second round. Second round started off with technical presentations that ran late into the night. Early next morning we went into the field and saw a couple different segments. When we got back to the hotel, I talked with the recruiter about my work preferences. A month later I got an offer.

Communication throughout the process was terrible.... There seems to be high turnover in HR since I've talked to three different recruiters in three different semesters. It was tough to get responses from the recruiters. Even after I got an offer, my emails got ignored. It was easiest to call the recruiters, but they don't give out their numbers. I only got it after I got called.

Furthermore the process of selecting a segment was very shady and seemed to be full of lies. My first choice was "closed" according to the recruiter, but somehow, my friend got in. Similarly, another person was told that the segment I was placed in was "unavailable currently". Additionally, this was only told over the phone, not email (no paper trail). Why lie to us? I was excited about working for SLB, but the hiring process has been very unprofessional, extreme, and has turned off.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Schlumberger.

The second interview is a group, onsite interview. Be prepared by researching Schlumberger, their services, and current developements in technology. We all presented in groups on different service segments. The recruiters also presented information on the different segments. There were team building excercises as well.

Interview Questions
    • You wil most likely be asked about your motiviation to be a field engineer. Be sure you know what it's all about. Demonstrating that you fit the field engineer lifestyle is key.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in October 2011.

This was for the first interview, which was basically a character interview. The questions were mainly what have you done in college, what are your goals, and tell me about yourself. The interview was very conversational as the interviewer was nice and friendly. The interview was more geared to checking if your personality was suited for their working environment.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question was what was the most interesting thing that you have done in the past four years that could show an attribute for working at Schlumberger.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger.

I got selected for an on campus interview through career services. The initial interview included describing my accomplishments which was pretty much 'walking through' my resume. I thought he was a good interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to go out of your way to accomplish an objective. Follow up question was relate that to this position your applying for.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger in December 2013.

1 Group Discussion - Abstract topic. Very important that you talk sensibly. Don't hesitate to add your perspective even if seems a little out of the box as the topic itself is generally very vague
    2 Group Activity - Don't just try to lead but also try to get others involved. Think of something to say for marketing/pitching your product while you are making it
    3 Personal Interview - Confidence is the key

Interview Questions
    • Sudden - PIN CODE of current location, quick? when I was replying to another technical question. Basically Stress Interview   View Answer

Field Engineer Interview

There were a range of things to complete including psychometric testing, a presentation about yourself and to answer pre-set questions using powerpoint and a face to face interview. It was overall a good experience and the interviewers were absolutely lovely people!

Interview Questions
    • Why have you not chosen to pursue work experience within your desired area of interest?   Answer Question