Schlumberger

Getting the Interview

380 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Schlumberger in December 2013.

Interview Details – First Interview not a whole lot of technical questions. They as general questions like tell me about yourself, leadership and a situation you solved.

Field Engineer Interview

I interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2012.

Interview Details – DId an on campus interview. Very relaxed environment. Asked me around 3 random behavioral based questions. Got an 2nd interview request at a nearby location. This was a 2 day interview and for the 1st day, we got to the hotel by 6, had dinner and then they made us stay up until 3 AM. They first went over what SLB was like, the life of a field engineer, then we presented our pre-made presentations and then there was a team building exercise. For the 2nd day, we got up at about 8 AM and went on a tour of the rig site and finally, we left after finishing our exit interview.

Interview Question – If you were a cookie, which cookie would you be?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – Applied online via university career system. Was invited to interview on campus.

Interview Question – If you were to stack a hundred million dollar bills, how tall would the stack be?   Answer Question

Midway North, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – Flew us out to Midway, Texas for the second round interviews. The interviews took 3 days, and were really more of an orientation than anything else. Mostly, they were trying to give us a feel for what the job entails, and how physically demanding it can be. There was a brief presentation, a small group project, and a short 15-min exit interview by the end.

Interview Question – Build a catapult using random items.   View Answer

Lubbock, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Schlumberger in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview -> training camp -> internship -> job

Interview Question – When was the last time you were angry and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in November 2013.

Interview Details – Very professional, interviewed once on campus, once over several days in Oklahoma, and one telephone interview for a specific position. The culture at Schlumberger is very open and familiar, especially for field engineers it feels like a family almost. Very friendly and open to questions.

Interview Question – Which field engineer positions and locations are you most interested in?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – My location preferences didn't align with the job, everything else was what I wanted and they tried very hard to accomodate me. I would recommend being as honest as possible in the interview.

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in February 2014.

Interview Details – On campus Interview. actually talk to a recruiter in a career fair. after 3 weeks, assign for on campus interview

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. you need to know the field job. field job is different than table sitting job. as long as you make them believe you can work in extreme conditions, long hours out in the field, you will be fine

question: why you choose service company over operator company as PE major?
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – had an interview on campus a a month later had an 3 days interview on site,

Interview Question – what major you want to be in?   Answer Question

Gainesville, FL

I interviewed at Schlumberger in February 2014.

Interview Details – On-Campus Interview: Interviewer was extremely laid back and basically just had a conversation with me about things on my resume. He never asked what seemed to be a cookie cutter interview question, just seemed to mold what he wanted to know out of our conversation. He seemed very interested in what type of physical activities I was interested in, presumably due to the harsh conditions of the job. Overall a nice change up from getting grilled at an interview.

Interview Question – What was a situation in which you had to come up with different resources quickly in order to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Schlumberger

Interview Details – Only basic engineering background is required. They prefer people who are willing to fully dedicate to SLB job, with less family life.

Interview Question – What would you do, after 24 hours of field work, you got another job 6 hours away from where you are. Your crew are all tied, would you go straight to the next job? or would you find a place to sleep?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Schlumberger