Schlumberger

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.9

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Brought a group of us to a district office and proceeded to keep us awake all night to see if we could handle long hours. Personality tests, team building etc.

Interview Questions
  • Do you think you can stay awake for long periods of time and remain standing for that time.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Field Engineer Interview

First interview was on campus. Second interview they flew me out to Bakersfield CA where we did group activities and presentations until about 3am. Then we woke up and had a field trip as well as exit interviews one on one. I am currently awaiting an offer, and its been 1 1/2 weeks.

Field Engineer Interview

Called for an on-campus interview after the career fair. First-round interview as basic questions about behavior and how you work in teams. They never got back to me for a second-round, so i assume it went nowhere. Overall the interview was pretty easy and only around 20 minutes long. They were friendly and were interested in you.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Schlumberger.

It was a pretty standard procedure. They asked about things on your resume and if you can handle long working hours. There were two interviewers and both were very nice. One of the interviewer did most of the asking, while the other would just take notes

Interview Questions
    • Do you work well in groups after having very little sleep?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Schlumberger.

Received an email from recruiter to set up an on campus interview. Scheduled interview with relative ease. Mainly went over my resume during interview. Asked a few behavioral questions. Overall a positive experience.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in November 2014.

I did a first interview during the career fair. For the most part the interview was very straightforward but once it became clear that the only jobs were in a location I had no interest in it didn't go anywhere. I had forgotten about the career fair so I was poorly prepared and had some errors on resume which I am sure did not help either.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to cut a cake into six pieces but could only make three cuts how would you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in November 2014.

Had an interview on campus. was basic just get to know you type of interview. I had no hard questions or anything like that. Then I went to Oklahoma City for a more formal interview. this was more hard. they kept us up until 3AM then had to be up at 6 but I enjoyed the time.

Interview Questions
    • Degree, Why you chose that, where are you from, why did you chose this school   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Schlumberger.

The 1st interview at my university's career fair was standard and did not get very technical. The 2nd interview, however, was designed to make new hires realize that the working hours will be difficult and that if you like being in touch with your family, this isn't the job for you. There are lots of hands-on team building exercises and minimal sleep over the 2.5 days.

Interview Questions
    • Collaborating with the other interviewees to come up with a presentation on one of the segments.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger.

After I got a on campus interview, I had a second interview at TX. I had a presentation about their production with a group. They ask about technical questions about their products. Furthermore, we visited on hydro fracturing site at 8:00 am and move to wire line site until 5:00pm.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about how you'd deal with the lifestyle of a field engineer - long hours, remote locations, etc   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger.

The process started with talking to recruiters at my university career fair, and I was invited to an on-campus interview one week after. The on-campus interview consisted of pretty standard behavioral questions. After passing the 1:1 interview, I was invited to an on-site, three-day interview that consisted of a group presentation, team problem solving challenges, facility and site tours, and a 1:1 exit interview. They try to see how well you respond to unfamiliar situations and challenges, as well as to see if you can function on as little sleep as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you failed at a project and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question