Schlumberger

2.9

430 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midway North, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midway North, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Flew us out to Midway, Texas for the second round interviews. The interviews took 3 days, and were really more of an orientation than anything else. Mostly, they were trying to give us a feel for what the job entails, and how physically demanding it can be. There was a brief presentation, a small group project, and a short 15-min exit interview by the end.

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Applied online via university career system. Was invited to interview on campus.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to stack a hundred million dollar bills, how tall would the stack be?   View Answer

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger.

had an interview on campus a a month later had an 3 days interview on site,

Field Engineer Interview

Only basic engineering background is required. They prefer people who are willing to fully dedicate to SLB job, with less family life.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do, after 24 hours of field work, you got another job 6 hours away from where you are. Your crew are all tied, would you go straight to the next job? or would you find a place to sleep?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in February 2014.

The overall interview process was easier than expected, however, I interviewed with one of the volunteers and I personally feel he didn't care about what I was saying. He was more interested in the time He asked me the same question twice, which threw me off guard for a bit, and then asked two other leadership questions.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in February 2014.

Interview involved a lot of questions about my resume. Specifically they keyed in on things that fit with their company. Furthermore, they gave some time to ask them questions about their company but overall it was more of them feeling out for the type of person I was.

Interview Questions
    • Explain why you wanted to go into engineering over medicine?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in February 2014.

Got an interview after attending campus career fair. There was a mandatory info session prior to the interview. The interview was simple, mostly talked about team work (nothing unexpected). The interviewer was kind and was very knowledgable (she was a field engineer).

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in February 2014.

On campus Interview. actually talk to a recruiter in a career fair. after 3 weeks, assign for on campus interview

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. you need to know the field job. field job is different than table sitting job. as long as you make them believe you can work in extreme conditions, long hours out in the field, you will be fine

question: why you choose service company over operator company as PE major?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

interviewed at Schlumberger in February 2014.

On-Campus Interview: Interviewer was extremely laid back and basically just had a conversation with me about things on my resume. He never asked what seemed to be a cookie cutter interview question, just seemed to mold what he wanted to know out of our conversation. He seemed very interested in what type of physical activities I was interested in, presumably due to the harsh conditions of the job. Overall a nice change up from getting grilled at an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was a situation in which you had to come up with different resources quickly in order to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Schlumberger in February 2014.

Interview -> training camp -> internship -> job

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you were angry and what did you do about it?   Answer Question