Schlumberger

Average Difficulty
389 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Golden, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2013.

Interview Details – It was a on Campus interview. It was a very basic interview, mainly asked questions about if you will be comfortable in the field and if that is the lifestyle you are ok with.

Interview Question – Give 5 reasons why a refrigerator might now be working.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not like the Location given

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – Talked to them at career fair, then got a first round interview on campus with behavior questions, then second round interview in Oklahoma City. Second round interview was very long and involved a lot of information about the company, tour of facilities, etc. Treated very well throughout the few days that I was there.

Interview Question – Are you capable of working on less than 5 hours of sleep?   Answer Question

Field Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – They came to my school to recruit. I dropped my resume off at the career fair and then applied online. I was invited to an information session as well as a first round interview on campus. The first round was a 30 minute stress test. They fired questions at you including stuff about your resume, technical questions, and personality questions.

Interview Question – How you measure a Boeing 747 without a scale?   View Answers (3)

Notre Dame, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in September 2010.

Interview Details – One interview at college. Then we had a two day long second round interview in Houston. The second round interview was all group based and other than the exit interview which did not affect your hiring you never needed one on one interaction. (Although I doubt it hurt to try and make a good impression with the recruiter) After that passing a drug test and a physical fitness test was required.

Interview Question – Pretty standard interview questions. What was a time when you took leadership? What was a difficult moment that you succeeded at? What was a time when you took a disadvantage and made it an advantage? They did ask one problem solving question involving burning a candle from both ends.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase really. Salary is pretty set. Can negotiate on segment and location which I did not do, but i would HIGHLY recommend to anyone else.

Field Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward process. Interviewed at an on campus site - about a 30 minute interview. Questions were mostly about my resume and personal background with general conversation in between.This was followed by 3 behavioral questions. Very relaxed environment. Being confident and outgoing is a plus. Obviously have questions to ask about the job and various positions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed
What would you do if you won the lottery tomorrow
  Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

Interviewed at Schlumberger

Interview Details – Applied on online and handed them my resume at the career fair. They emailed me for the first interview.

Interview Question – What motivates you?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Schlumberger

Interview Details – All situational questions.

Interview Question – Name a situation when you didn't have sufficient tools to complete a project.   Answer Question

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – Applied online through the Universities career services, then received an email for the first interview. Then attended the info session at the University, the night before the interview. Then received an email the next day for the second round of interviews.

The second interview was very different from any other interview I've ever had. Four days before the second interview we were assigned groups for our group presentation on an assigned segment of the company.

Arriving at the second interview they had a hotel for us for Monday-Wednesday which was really nice, and met up that evening with our recruiter and the other students. The recruiter gave an overview, then we did some team building exercises and then gave our group presentations. It was a very long but informative evening. Be sure to take notes on the jobs and their locations on which ones you like, otherwise you'll forget for picking out your preferences for the exit interview.

The second day we took a tour at a couple of the facilities. Be sure to ask questions. The recruiter also gave us the opportunity to ask the field engineers any questions we had without him being present. It gave us a chance to ask how they really enjoy their jobs and learn about the concerns they had starting out.

The recruiters are really honest about how different and challenging this job is, and they want to make sure this is the right fit for you. They do not try and cover up the challenges of the job.

After the day on the field, we came back and then had an hour before our exit interviews. The exit interviews are really short and the recruiter goes over your paperwork, and makes sure you're still interested in taking on the position and where you'd like to go. We were told we'd hear back in 2-3 weeks. After all the exit interviews we all went to our dinner and came back to the hotel.

Overall it was an incredible experience, and hope to be training with the students I worked with.

Interview Question – What is the longest time you've been away from family and friends? Was there anything that concerned you about being away?   Answer Question

Field Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Schlumberger in August 2013.

Interview Details – Apply online>Initial (behavioral) interview>Final (technical) on-site interview

Interview Question – Ever a situation where you had a bad relationship with another employee or your employer?   Answer Question

Little Rock, AR

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview on campus followed by a site interview. Listen to presentations on the company and give your own presentation. Interactive group activity that involved building towers with paper and tape. The towers received points on height and the amount of weight they could hold. Second day was touring an actual oil rig site and dinner, followed by drinks at the bar that night. Expect very little sleep over the two days.

Interview Question – It was hard to maintain interest and energy levels with very little sleep and hours of presentations.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Schlumberger