Schlumberger

3.8

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asia, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asia, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger in May 2014.

first test with 5 sections math mechanics logics and 2 parts for fast answers
then interview, which include presentation and team work task.you schlou build a construction that will b etall and stable

Interview Questions
  • can you live together with men/woman while working?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied online – interviewed at Schlumberger in June 2013.

Applied online
    Received call for first interview
    Behavioral Interview question which must be answered in front of other candidates
    I have cleared the first interview and now waiting for second interview call...

Interview Questions
    • What you say about your strengths, they will ask to prove it...   Answer Question

Trainee Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger in June 2013.

Submitted CV and was called in 2-3 months...
    1st interview was about four things... a) About Yourself b) Strengths c) Weaknesses d) Why You?
    I have passed the 1st phase and have been selected for Round 2...
    Which will be happening very soon!!!

Field Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Was interviewing by Schlumberger HR by phone. Nothing special, questions like "Why you want to work in Slb?", "What is the most hard decision you ever have to make?". Interview was on both Russian and English.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about how transformator works
      Tell about artificial lift methods
      45х19=?

Answer Question
    No negotiations, waiting for the second interview.

Field Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Córdoba (Argentina)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Córdoba (Argentina)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in December 2012.

The company went to my University to recruit fresh engineers. A woman who was a former Field Engineer for the company took us an exam of maths, physics and fluids. Only those who approved that exam went to part 2 which was a personal interview with this woman. She asked me questions like: would you like to work in tough environments? Would you like to move to other countries? Would you like to spend more than 20 days working in the field? And so on.

After that, I received an email in which I was told I passed to phase 2. This phase 2 was a 2 days activity which was held at Schlumberger facilities in another province (they paid for my flight tickets and accomodation for 2 days).
    Here we made 2 exams for which we were given some technical papers in order to learn overnight (bring coffee to keep awake). During the day we also made an english test and a reasoning-logical test. Then we were divided in three teams and we had to complete a task using just the materials and tools they provided us (keep open minded, talk with your team mates, don´t play the boss part all the time, take the iniciative, propose some ideas, etc).

After that activity, we made the 2nd Teamwork activity: we were again divided in teams and each team had to go to the warehouse where there were some tools and materials (real ones, the ones you will use in the field) scattered all over the ground.
    The people of the company gave us a piece of paper containing the instruction of what to do and gave us 40 minutes to complete the task.
    Tips: here you have to play the "Leader Role" if you want to get the job. You have be proactive, you have to be able to identify exactly what you have to do, explain that to your mates and take the initiative to divide tasks among all of you.

The last day was an oral presentation in front of high directives of the company. QUestions like: why did you choose your career? How that relates with you choosing Schlumberger as an employer? What are your plans for the next 5 years? Why did you choose Schlumberger? Etc.

Interview Questions
    • Would you prefer to work in the field or in an office?   View Answer

Field Engineer Trainee Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger in January 2011.

Went to a job fair to hand in my resume and applied online. I think they want to see that you take the time to do both as well as be confident for the first impression.

First, there was a phone interview which was basic questions like why did you choose engineering, why this university, describe a time when you had a conflict working with someone and a brainteaser. Everyone had a different brainteaser. I didn't get it right away... they just want to see that you follow through in your solution.

Second, there was a group interview. We got in groups to figure out this logic problem and then had to build something to support an egg while it was dropped from the top of a building. We had to prepare a presentation in groups beforehand. They asked mostly safety questions after the presentation. I would suggest keeping everything simple. I would also suggest to ask questions since most of the interview was describing the segments and listening to presentations... they want to see that you're interested and engaged. They also watch you watching everything so act attentive and don't be on your cell phone. Take notes etc.

Everything was simple just don't forget that even though its relaxed you are on an interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you have a larger cube made up of smaller cubes that is 10cubes*10cubes*10cubes, how many cubes make up the surface of the larger cube?   View Answers (4)

Field Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buenos Aires (Argentina)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger in July 2010.

They show up at my university. I took a test, a 1:1 interview and then went to their location for a 2 days interview. It was a group interview where they test our math, english, ability to sleep depravation, physical capacity, etc. Very intresting and hard. About 30% got offer to start the job. Some are going to be relocated

Interview Questions
    • Would you move to a small town with weather of about -40° ?   View Answer

Field Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in November 2009.

Good company, but the HRs are not those professionals, some of them came back from the field and with engineering background. So the best way to pass the interview is to organize your words in an scientific logic. Suit and tie are not necessary for field engineers because of their working environment.

Interview Questions
    • why do you think that you are suitable for this field job?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Trainee Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in October 2009.

It's actually a pre-eliminary interview process. First they asked us to present something about random topic for bout two minutes, the topic is like: what do you think if your car broke down in the middle of nowhere, what do you think of women as an engineer, etc. The next part is the Skills test, the subjects are maths and basic physics (electrik, mechanics). then the third part is group discussion and HR interview. If you passed, you'll face the user interview and medical check up.

Field Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macaé (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macaé (Brazil)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger in September 2009.

1 - Interview at the university with one or two recruiters. The interview is based on the Curriculum and on the availability of the person to travel/move to virtually anywhere in the world; mentioning that places might be really bad in terms of life quality.
    2 - Two days interview in the company's base.
    2.1 - Dinner with all candidates and recruiters;
    2.2 - You go to sleep and at the middle of the night (3 am) the hotel staff wake you up and ask you to pick up a book at the hall. They tell you the book is to be read until 6am and that there will be a test at 7am.
    2.3 - Test first thing on the morning; getting to know the base during the whole day with some group activities in between the visits.
    2.4 - There is a party at the night to get to know managers and drink some beer to relax - it finishes at 1am.
    2.5 - When you get to the hotel you receive another task - prepare a presentation for the next day to be presented to all managers - it has to be done during the night (after the beers) and you don't get the chance to sleep.
    2.6 - Presentation to the managers and visiting some more places on the base.