Schlumberger Field Engineer Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2014.

Interview

First round of interviews was on campus following the career fair. The interview is about an hour long. You get called back for a second interview about two weeks later. Second round is basically to see if you can function on little to no sleep. They make you stay awake till 4 am doing presentations and group activities. They expect you to wake up at 7 am ready to go on with your day. It's a two process. Get ready for the sleep deprivation.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to take a leadership role and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • Describe a conflict with a co-worker and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Employee in Asia, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger (Asia, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

first test with 5 sections math mechanics logics and 2 parts for fast answers then interview, which include presentation and team work task.you schlou build a construction that will b etall and stable

Interview Questions

• can you live together with men/woman while working?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger (Paris (France)) in February 2015.

Interview

Two days interview : first day involved a Company presentation and a lot of really basic tests. I really felt like I was losing my time doing those tests : all people present came from France's top ranked engineering and science schools, so most of the questions were quite trivial. On the second day they had us each do a 5 min powerpoint presentation of ourselves, followed by questions where they tried to test you on what you said and sometimes try to make you uncomfortable to see how you'll react. I was in a 20-person group, this part was really long. Then they had us do a paper bridge in groups of 4. Only then we could go to the actual 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I wanted to do a field internship, the interview was really quick.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

The Hiring process has 5 steps, Communication skill, Aptitude test, Focus Group Dynamic, HR Interview, and User Interview. At the 1st step your English communication will be tested by the recruiter. This step took 2-3 min. The 2nd step Aptitude test. This is a written test, and took approximately 60 min. The 3rd step is Focus Group Dynamic, recent candidates wil be divided into a several groups. Each group will be tested to solve a problem. I didn't pass to 4th and 5th step so I don't know the rest.

Field Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muscat (Oman)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger (Muscat (Oman)) in May 2014.

Interview

They came to an career exhibitions. and told us to register through the university. They came to the university for an interviews. and a lot of people get interviews but a few only who got accepted. After having the interviews They replied after 2 weeks.

Field Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Schlumberger (Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online Received call for first interview Behavioral Interview question which must be answered in front of other candidates I have cleared the first interview and now waiting for second interview call...

Interview Questions

• What you say about your strengths, they will ask to prove it...   Answer Question

Trainee Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger (Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)) in June 2013.

Interview

Submitted CV and was called in 2-3 months... 1st interview was about four things... a) About Yourself b) Strengths c) Weaknesses d) Why You? I have passed the 1st phase and have been selected for Round 2... Which will be happening very soon!!!

Interview Questions

• We don't have the position as per your interests...   2 Answers

Field Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Was interviewing by Schlumberger HR by phone. Nothing special, questions like "Why you want to work in Slb?", "What is the most hard decision you ever have to make?". Interview was on both Russian and English.

Interview Questions

• Tell about how transformator works Tell about artificial lift methods 45х19=?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, waiting for the second interview.

Field Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Córdoba (Argentina)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger (Córdoba (Argentina)) in December 2012.

Interview

The company went to my University to recruit fresh engineers. A woman who was a former Field Engineer for the company took us an exam of maths, physics and fluids. Only those who approved that exam went to part 2 which was a personal interview with this woman. She asked me questions like: would you like to work in tough environments? Would you like to move to other countries? Would you like to spend more than 20 days working in the field? And so on. After that, I received an email in which I was told I passed to phase 2. This phase 2 was a 2 days activity which was held at Schlumberger facilities in another province (they paid for my flight tickets and accomodation for 2 days). Here we made 2 exams for which we were given some technical papers in order to learn overnight (bring coffee to keep awake). During the day we also made an english test and a reasoning-logical test. Then we were divided in three teams and we had to complete a task using just the materials and tools they provided us (keep open minded, talk with your team mates, don´t play the boss part all the time, take the iniciative, propose some ideas, etc). After that activity, we made the 2nd Teamwork activity: we were again divided in teams and each team had to go to the warehouse where there were some tools and materials (real ones, the ones you will use in the field) scattered all over the ground. The people of the company gave us a piece of paper containing the instruction of what to do and gave us 40 minutes to complete the task. Tips: here you have to play the "Leader Role" if you want to get the job. You have be proactive, you have to be able to identify exactly what you have to do, explain that to your mates and take the initiative to divide tasks among all of you. The last day was an oral presentation in front of high directives of the company. QUestions like: why did you choose your career? How that relates with you choosing Schlumberger as an employer? What are your plans for the next 5 years? Why did you choose Schlumberger? Etc.

Interview Questions

• Would you prefer to work in the field or in an office?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger in January 2011.

Interview

Went to a job fair to hand in my resume and applied online. I think they want to see that you take the time to do both as well as be confident for the first impression. First, there was a phone interview which was basic questions like why did you choose engineering, why this university, describe a time when you had a conflict working with someone and a brainteaser. Everyone had a different brainteaser. I didn't get it right away... they just want to see that you follow through in your solution. Second, there was a group interview. We got in groups to figure out this logic problem and then had to build something to support an egg while it was dropped from the top of a building. We had to prepare a presentation in groups beforehand. They asked mostly safety questions after the presentation. I would suggest keeping everything simple. I would also suggest to ask questions since most of the interview was describing the segments and listening to presentations... they want to see that you're interested and engaged. They also watch you watching everything so act attentive and don't be on your cell phone. Take notes etc. Everything was simple just don't forget that even though its relaxed you are on an interview.

Interview Questions

• If you have a larger cube made up of smaller cubes that is 10cubes*10cubes*10cubes, how many cubes make up the surface of the larger cube?   4 Answers