Schlumberger Field Engineer Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.9

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatwick, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Gatwick, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

CV only, which was a plus. Positive phone interview. Tell me about yourself. A time when you had a conflict in a team. Invite to AD a few days after. Had to do a 5 min presentation, very straightforward. Interviewer seemed to really like it. Then team exercise. Then individual interview, was going well until the interviewer asked me about my a level grades (not good) and why I hadn't pursued an internship during uni, which threw me. Lovely people though.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

There were a range of things to complete including psychometric testing, a presentation about yourself and to answer pre-set questions using powerpoint and a face to face interview. It was overall a good experience and the interviewers were absolutely lovely people!

Interview Questions

• Why have you not chosen to pursue work experience within your desired area of interest?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Sent off CV and got a response within a week; invited to Assessment Centre. The assessment day was quite typical; presentation, logic tests (do revision on different types of psychometric logic tests) group exercise and one-on-one interview. Nothing extremely difficult.. However, quite a bad HR department. Some people from the interview didn't hear back about negative results until they personally called the department after almost 2 months. It seems most of the positions were already filled while we interviewed the assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked on a practical assignment.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger in August 2014.

Interview

Online application, then an invite to assessment centre. Assessment centre quite laid-back, they seem to observe your personality and whether you would suit the role. Then a one-on-one interview is given to round off the day. Make sure you are well adept with competency questions and have lots of examples where you demonstrate it. A major con: No feedback is offered at any stage of the recruitment, even after interview.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Applied online Invited to Assessment Centre in Dec 2013, Standard AC activities including presentation from the company, aptitude tests, personal interview and technical test involving putting together a valve using a technical drawing.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

I was invited to the assessment centre in Aberdeen where a full day event was conducted. The day started with 3 psychometric tests, these were unlike others I have seen in the industry where the first was a logic sequence, however in a 3x3 grid with 1 square missing, the 2nd was a circuit like problem where different components altered the shape going through it in terms of size, colour and shape type this was fairly easy, the last test was also component based and fairly logical. After a break we worked in a group to make a structure out of paper we could all stand under. We had lunch and then there were pre prepared presentations from all candidates and individual interviews. The staff were fairly friendly, however a more holistic approach would have been better rather than telling people to leave after not scoring well in the tests which is quite intimidating.

Interview Questions

• The psychometric tests were unexpected.   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

The day started with 3 tests, a numerical test and two logic tests. The tests were marked and participants who did not reach the minimum criteria were asked to leave. The second half of the day involved presentations and a one-on-one interview and asked to assemble a valve.

Interview Questions

• Valve assembly had a time limit.   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Relatively tame assessment day, only 7 candidates. Morning had some logic and reasoning tests followed by a group exercise. Afternoon had a presentation on yourself and a brief one on one interview; nothing too challenging asked but they seemed keen to know if you have practical experience. Followed by a 5 minute technical task assembling a simple a valve.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

After submitting CV online was invited for interview after 8 weeks. The interview was not so difficult. The questions asked are mostly on CV. To my fortune, there was any behaviour questions. After interview I was invited to assessment center.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (London, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

Online CV drop followed by Assessment Centre. Assessment centre consisted of 5 min personal presentation followed by questions, team task, maths/physics test and logic test, practical test and interview. Personal presentation topics are prescribed. I haven't had the inevitable rejection yet but from candidate to candidate, don't bore everyone with wordy powerpoints. They will bring up your weakness, lets hope there's an upside to it. Team task is achieving certain physical objectives using office materials & stationery. Time is short, come up with a plan and stick to it. They are probably judging teamwork, communication and common sense. Practical test was hard, involves assembling a component - look at any diagrams very carefully. In my interview it felt they were trying to figure out which division I might fit into. Read up on the three divisions, I was caught off guard when they started describing a job different to the one I had researched.