Schlumberger Geologist Interview Questions

3.4

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger.

First interview, laid back. Second interview, 8 hour day with all-day interaction with managers and some staff.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a time when you were faced with a challenge and came up with a unique solution.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2013.

The process was a lengthy and a bit frustrating, eventually yielding no result. Had two telephone interviews and two panel interviews all with their offices in four different countries. Overall, the people seemed friendly, nice office space and a relaxed work environment. It seems like a good company to work with regardless.

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in August 2013.

1. Recruiting manager interviews first
    2. Interview on the job scope, history and career opportunity in Schlumberger
    3. Asked several personal questions like family background, medical condition, relationship etc.
    4. Second round involves 3 employees of schlumberger (senior grade)
    5. Candidates are required to present on their final year projects/technical skills and soft skills.
    6. Candidates have to utilize their problem solving skills in certain situations depicted by interviewers (can be easy or hard)

Interview Questions
    • Elaboration on your final year projects as well as your soft skills, required to come out with a 5 minute presentation on the spot.   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Met Schlumberger at university's career fair and gave them my resume. About 3 or 4 weeks later they contacted me and set up an interview for the following week. Interview consisted of some standard questions mixed in with many of the questions brought up here on glass door which are quite difficult. Questions such as "What is your best McGyver moment," and a brain teaser.

Interview Questions
    • If given a boring and tedious task by your supervisor, what keeps you motivated to keep working hard?   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger.

After submitting my resume, Slb recruiters contacted me via email to set up a phone interview. The call lasted about an hour and consisted of general behavioral interview questions. About a week later they asked me to interview in Houston where I had to give a 5 minute presentation on past research, toured the facilities, and interviewed/met with 2 senior geologists.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most creative solution you had to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2010.

Some behavioral questions, about myself, my educational background, my organizational experiences, my dream job, my daily activity, etc. Later on, he asked me about technical question, mainly he asked the questions after he asked me to tell my thesis. Tough enough, i did not manage to pass that interview.

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in July 2009.

1. Standard 1:1 interview on techinical background
    2. Presentation to a group of management on why you want to joint he company and what the company will get from you
    3. Panel and group discussion on various topics- non technical

Did not try negotiation

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!