Schlumberger

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Morgantown, WV

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – I have a BA in physics and applied to this job online. About a week and a half later I was informed through my college (you can apply to jobs with an online service through my college) that I had an interview. The interview was VERY easy and the woman I spoke with was very nice.

She asked basic questions: "why did you pick your major", "what do you know about the company", "why would you like to work for us?", things of this nature. The interview was going well until I had mentioned the job was close to my hometown so that was a big plus. She asked which location and she said there were no jobs for that location at this time. She also told me that I was the 3rd or 4th person to recently mention that posting (ugh fake job postings...). I was still offered the job to move to Texas but I declined.

Interview Question – Do you have experience traveling outside of the US.   View Answer

Geophysicist

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – Career fair interview

Interview Question – questions realted to resume; usual psychology question testing leadership and team work capability
a clock reads it is 8:42, how many times I can expect the same time to be shown?

Houston, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – Got phone interview and never say anthing . Six months later I got a computer email saying my application declined.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in September 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed at job fair. My initial experience with the recruiters was positive. That being said, Schlumberger allowed ~ 40 people to visit the WesternGeco technology campus. Later that night, an email was sent out stating that interview signups would be available the next morning. I arrived early to find theat there were only ~ 15 slots for the 40 people. If you awakened and got a slot, then you recieved an interview.

Two geophysicists held the interview, they were 5 minutes late. They didn't seem particularly serious about the process or concerned. In particular, one was somewhat unprofessional and remarked about my qualifications. Well, if you didn't feel I had the qualifications to interview, why put up a first-come first-serve signup sheet?

Interview Question – Given a bunch of seismic traces, describe the process of solving for the ray parameter aka slowness (1/v) via pseudo-code.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Geophysicist

I interviewed at Schlumberger in November 2013.

Interview Details – I had a first round of interview on campus was much like a conversation. Got call for second round they book hotel for you and you have to stay there. Next day follows up with a presentation of 5 min and two 30 min interview. Nothing stressful

Interview Question – Technical questions Ask
1.How you generated seismic attribute in past and which one you generated ?
1)Phase, frequency,fracture orientations
2)How you find porosity ?
Ans: Well logs
3)rest all are behavior ones

Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2013.

Interview Details – After apply to geophysicist as recent graduate I received a mail to invite me to a session of recruitment. During the first day, There were three different tests (logic, mathematics and mechanics) and a presentation of the company. You can use a calculator. After if you don't have enough points, it is finished. For the other people, there is an interview with two recruiter(30 min). The second day, you have to present yourself during 5 min and then they asked you about what you said (strength, weakness especially). This presentation is below all the other applicant. At least, you have a team activity, you have to built a bridge in paper(height: 1 m, length: 0,8m).

Interview Question – What is the autocorellation? and also an enigma with switch and lights.   Answer Question

Geophysicist

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2013.

Interview Details – SLB Assessment Center. Overall the day was very well structured. The schedule was sent some days before. First they introduced SLB and the manager gave a brief explanation of the job. Second we made individual presentation in front of other candidates and HR and technical staff. After lunch individual interviews took place.
The ambiance was great since the first contact. Everybody was friendly and they answered all of my questions.

Interview Question – Geological questions   View Answer

Geophysicist
Bandung, West Java (Indonesia)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2012.

Interview Details – It was an university recruitment took whole day session (Stage 1-3). Stage 1 is communication skill interview 1:1. Answer random question. Stage 2 is aptitude test, math & physics. Stage 3 is focus group discussion (team work solving case).

The following weeks I did the stage 4. HR interview: the interview is mainly about yourself, your hobby & background check and other personality questions. They ask about 1.) Tell me about your self 2.) What sport do you do 3.) Do you like travelling 4.) Wheter I have short time plan to married or not (because I am a woman) 5.) How do you see yourself in 10 years. In 1 month they emailed me that I pass the stage 4. But after that I ve been on hold about 5 months to attend the user/final interview. I hope in the next 2 weeks it will be done & I will update this review.

Stage 5 is medical check up. Then will be conducting field exposure about 1 week maybe. And et voila.. welcome to schlumberger

Interview Question – What was the most difficult time in your life ?
Don't you want to live like your mom, play the role as a mom/ nice housewife ?
Do you think you are though ? proof it

Geophysicist

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – I attended a student expo and I was selected for an interview. It was a formal interview but the guy who interviewed me was very nice. The first question was, "Tell me about Schlumberger. What do we do?" He then went on to ask questions regarding my resume asking specifics about what was on there. After that there were behavioral based questions like "Tell me a time when you had a conflict when working in a group." Then they gave me a brain teaser which I am not very good at.

Interview Question – Tell me about this company, why do you want to work for us?   View Answer

Geophysicist

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in November 2011.

Interview Details – The SLB came to campus and held an information session, and I got an interview the next day. The interview looks friendly, but the questions are kinda unexpected. He asked me to write a C program on board, and such technique details. don't know the result yet.

Interview Questions

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!