Schlumberger Interview Questions & Reviews in Houston, TX

2.9

109 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger.

it was an on campus interview. The company have very good recruiters. The are interesting people, nice people.
    Regarding hiring process, just give the recruiters your resume and you are good to go. Chatted with the recruiters at the events.

Management Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Schlumberger in January 2014.

Knowledge of work. presentation..behavior pattern ...has two sets of interview ..1st with the HR to check how good you fit in the company...2nd would be knowledge assessment..no need to jump through the hoops ..relax ...no need to tensed

Interview Questions
    • It was a pretty simple and straight forward question and answers   Answer Question
    No negotiation...I didn't wanna push it too much

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2014.

Took about 2 weeks to here from. then got invited to do an interview in Houston at the headquorters building. it then took two more weeks after that to get hired. I was told my location about three weeks before i had to go. they payed for housing and travel both during the interviews as well as when i was actually working their.

Interview Questions
    • What typs of lean manufacturing experience do you have.   Answer Question
    None

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2013.

Was contacted by a recruiter. Interview was laid back and with realistic questions none of the STAR situational questions. Was asked about my experience and adapting to understanding new products.

Electrical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2010.

presentation for 45 minutes, questions and answers. Then technical interview each 1 hour, talking with expert or engineers expected to be working with for 2-3 hours, in the afternoon, talking with managers , the project manager, the engineering manager and HR managers, they explained the benefit package, and you ask about the job details and company background, their expectance etc.

Interview Questions
    • not very difficult on technical side, other questions, just be honest   Answer Question

Mud Logger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2013.

I applied with a recruiter online and two months later they called me. The phone interview was 10 minutes long and about rig life. I drove 300 miles to Houston for a group interview and tour. They said that they would pay my mileage but never did.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult challenge that I completed.   View Answer

VOIP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2014.

Schlumberger interview 5/22/2014—three weeks waiting time
    with 4 person via conference number ID. Took approximately 55mins for the interview. Very detail voice interview.
    I manage to answer all questions using the knowledge that I had for many years supporting voice. Very knowledgeable managers and engineer. Sound like a very good team to work for if hired. Crossing my fingers because I like to retire with Schlumberger. The interview did not cover the role or what they hiring for.
    They said they putting the job on hold and could not find an exact person for the position. Please explain to the recruiters what you want please. Disappointed .

Treasury Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter then I had one interview with the division mamager over the phone after that I had an onsite interview. Then they will call you to let you know their decision. The whole process will take you about two weeks or so.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the journal entries for different types of situations.   View Answer
    Accepted

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger.

First had an on-campus interview. Heard back from them a week later to schedule an on-site interview in Houston. It consisted of giving a presentation to a panel, followed by round of interviews.

Mehcanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2014.

1st round, on campus interview. resume and some general mechanical questions.
    2nd round, on site interview in Houston. At the beginning, everyone need to give a presentation about your project in 7mins. Then the engineers in schlumberger will ask you questions about your project.
    Then one on one interview with four engineers. Almost no resume questions, 1 or 2 questions about your presentation, then all the technical questions. It's all about the projects they are working on. It's really hard. But just answer as many as you can with you mechanical sense. The interviewers are nice, even though you cannot answer their questions. Don't be nervous.

Interview Questions
    • Give you what they designed and ask you what is the function. How it works. Why it is designed liked this.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I think the salary is fair.

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!