Schlumberger Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.8

114 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger.

it was an on campus interview. The company have very good recruiters. The are interesting people, nice people.
    Regarding hiring process, just give the recruiters your resume and you are good to go. Chatted with the recruiters at the events.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger.

First had an on-campus interview. Heard back from them a week later to schedule an on-site interview in Houston. It consisted of giving a presentation to a panel, followed by round of interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Cover Letter, phone interview, office visit. All in all took about a couple of months.

Treasury Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter then I had one interview with the division mamager over the phone after that I had an onsite interview. Then they will call you to let you know their decision. The whole process will take you about two weeks or so.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the journal entries for different types of situations.   View Answer
    Accepted

VOIP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in May 2014.

Schlumberger interview 5/22/2014—three weeks waiting time
    with 4 person via conference number ID. Took approximately 55mins for the interview. Very detail voice interview.
    I manage to answer all questions using the knowledge that I had for many years supporting voice. Very knowledgeable managers and engineer. Sound like a very good team to work for if hired. Crossing my fingers because I like to retire with Schlumberger. The interview did not cover the role or what they hiring for.
    They said they putting the job on hold and could not find an exact person for the position. Please explain to the recruiters what you want please. Disappointed .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in April 2014.

Took about 2 weeks to here from. then got invited to do an interview in Houston at the headquorters building. it then took two more weeks after that to get hired. I was told my location about three weeks before i had to go. they payed for housing and travel both during the interviews as well as when i was actually working their.

Interview Questions
    • What typs of lean manufacturing experience do you have.   Answer Question
    None

REMS Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2014.

An email was sent to ask if I want a phone interview. After two days, the phone interview lasted for 23 min, and asked basic behavior questions from recruiter. No specific research questions were asked. Then the recruiter double checked with me that I would be available from June to August. At the end, the recruiter talked about the benefits of internship, and the entire time.

Interview Questions
    • Did you have a situation that your background could not help you to solve the problem? What did you do   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in April 2014.

The first interview was a video call. It went for as long as an hour. It was very smooth and easy. A LOT of questions were asked and a lot was discussed. The recruiter who seemed very curt through emails was not curt actually, it was only the style in email communication.

Video call:
    Even though I was told it is a behavioral interview, it ended up being technical too. I was asked a lot of questions on my courses too. I didn't mind it, since I knew everything from my coursework. In 2-3 days I got the email for a round 2 interview, which will be in person with the managers.

In-person interview:
    They flew me to the office to interview. This interview was only 15 mins long (seemed like a lot of money spent for 15 minutes interview)! The manager was really cool and it was a fun discussion. It seemed like they had already made up their mind during the first interview and they only wanted to see me in person.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were easy. Nothing was unexpected. There were questions like:
      Situational questions (something similar to STAR approach).
      Then questions about suppliers, the selection process, supplier performance evaluation.
      The only one question I could not answer and should have been able to:
      What areas in you require improvement?
      (Basically they were asking what are your negativities that can be improved)
        Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase and I did not initiate any negotiation. Was happy to have received the internship.

Mehcanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in March 2014.

1st round, on campus interview. resume and some general mechanical questions.
    2nd round, on site interview in Houston. At the beginning, everyone need to give a presentation about your project in 7mins. Then the engineers in schlumberger will ask you questions about your project.
    Then one on one interview with four engineers. Almost no resume questions, 1 or 2 questions about your presentation, then all the technical questions. It's all about the projects they are working on. It's really hard. But just answer as many as you can with you mechanical sense. The interviewers are nice, even though you cannot answer their questions. Don't be nervous.

Interview Questions
    • Give you what they designed and ask you what is the function. How it works. Why it is designed liked this.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I think the salary is fair.

Structural Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger in March 2014.

They posted an opening online which is very match to background so I sent my CV. A week later, two engineers had a phone interview with me asking many technical problems. Then after a week the manager interviewed me again. One month later, a recruiter had a third phone interview with me. A week after that, I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What leadership experience did you have and how did you do?   Answer Question