Schlumberger Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.8

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

I used to work for a company acquired by SIS (Schlumberger Information Solutions) I did't go through any recuitment process, as part of the integration I was transfered from Mexico city to Houston, tx

Mud Logger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume at the SLB career website and received an email after approximately a month asking if I would like to schedule a phone interview. The phone interviewer asked me general questions about my background and asked for a specific example of a time that I had solved a problem with limited tools. He then asked if I would be interested in attending a second interview in Houston. I was also asked to submitted a formal job application and provide references. They also required us to do a pre-interview assignment, consisting of questions about the products and services that SLB offers. All of this info was available on their website or via a quick internet search. The assignment also asked for personal experience and opinions on field work.

We had a choice on when it would be convenient to fly to Houston, Tx for the 2 day recruitment process, and they took care of all flight details, transport, and accommodations. We traveled the day before the recruitment seminar, and had to report at 7:30 AM the next morning. Everyone was required to introduce themselves and give a bit of personal history. The recruiters did this as well and proceeded with a powerpoint presentation on SLB, description of various jobs and offshore life. We then went to the training center and got a tour of the facilities and an idea of what the mudlogging training would be like. After returning to the hotel conference room, we were put in groups and played "team-building" games, starting with a quiz to see what we remembered and then given a random object to "sell" as a new prototype to "customers" (the recruiters). After all of that, we all went to dinner with the recruiters.

The next morning we had the one-on-one interviews. My interview consisted of questions on how I would handle interpersonal issues and to provide examples of various situations that showed my ability to handle stress. Other people said they got the manhole-style questions, but I wasn't asked anything like that. We submitted our pre-interview assignments and a form that we had been asked to fill out. We were all bussed back to the airport.

It has only been one day since I returned, so I don't know if I have been selected, but I was very impressed and will definitely accept if I am offered a position.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any, but I had done my homework and read a lot of the reviews on this website beforehand.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

1ST Step- telephonic
    2nd- technical telephnic
    3rd- onsite

Petrotechnical Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX).

Interview

General behavioral questions... Not hard.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

They have a two part interview process for new graduate hires. The first part is screening interview either on campus or by phone. For the second part, you are flown out to one of their hiring locations for an all day interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a casing that would enclose our field sensor tools?   Answer Question

Field Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Went to career fair and got offered an interview. the interview was a series of questions about team work, leadership, and personal goals.

Interview Questions

• explain a time where you had a problem within a team and how you resolved it,   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX).

Interview

Two phone interviews, fit and case for both.

Interview Questions

• Why the energy industry when you've applied to general consultancies?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

on campus behavioral interview

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied for internship but they suggested I should apply for entry level and I accepted. I applied on campus and had interview the same week on campus. The interviewer was very nice and she talked mostly. Then I received an email about a second interview in Houston, Texas. It was for three days. The first day program started around 6 pm. there was some group activity. the second day we visited different department of the center at Houston the whole day. You can ask question if you have any for each department. The third and last day was a presentation followed by 2 hours interview(with 4 different real technical people/ no HR personnel). During presentation there was over 15 real technical people/ engineers and they ask questions on your presentation( what did you do/ what would you do if this happen, what was the result ...). I think it was 7-11 minutes presentation and 3 minutes question and answer. The interview was 30 minutes with each person. question from your resumes on your projects and internships. After that you fly home. Don't wait for them to reply to you soon because they won't. I got replay after a month or so and it was only 1 and a half line which says I didn't get the job. The email was sent automatically and they didn't even have the courage to write.

And today one of my friend who got interview like me and went through the same process told me he didn't get the job. His application was for field engineer and mine was R&D. He applied after me around May 2013 and I applied around beginning of March 2013. He got response after 3 months of waiting.

If you apply for Schlumberger, I suggest don't even put your hope on them for a second.

As much as I don't want to say this, but I think Schlumberger is one big racist company (Black people) who seek opportunities in the upper level....sad ... sad

Interview Questions

• Know everything that is on your resume. Even quantitative results of your project. I was asked when I presented.   Answer Question

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter. Interview was laid back and with realistic questions none of the STAR situational questions. Was asked about my experience and adapting to understanding new products.