Schlumberger Interview Questions in Houston, TX

142 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

EDFM Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in September 2013.

A friend of mine graduated college and applied per a former colleague's advice. He got the job and recommended I apply.

After applying online, I was contacted within a few weeks by a recruiter who was very nice to speak with. I then spoke with the hiring manager who was slightly impersonal, and asked me to rate myself on about 30 different aspects of the potential eDFM Engineer position. The hiring manager must have liked my answers and invited me to fly down for an on-site interview.

The on-site interview consisted of a 30-minute presentation of previous work experience in front of a panel of my to-be peers, followed by about 4-5 individual meetings with engineers already working in the eDFM role. Everyone was very nice, none of the questions were very difficult since I have been in this field for a number of years.

Then began the waiting. I interviewed in September, but did not hear anything in regard to the job until mid-December. I had just about given up with any potential for the position even after multiple follow-ups with the recruiter, HR, and the hiring manager.

When the offer finally came in, I sent one final rebuttal back requesting slightly higher pay to cover the shock of the initial move as well as learning the area. The offer was very good compared to what I was doing at the time and the relocation package was decent, so I decided to pick up my family and move to Houston.

One recommendation - if you own a house, negotiate sale of the home prior to moving. I failed to do this and have been struggling to make ends meet because of the mortgage that I have to pay, plus home rental in the Houston area. Also, be sure to get a quote for car insurance. I was hoping that the car insurance would be less than my previous residence, but it ended up doubling. All things to consider when taking a job somewhere else.

Sustaining Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Schlumberger in February 2014.

Met with a recruiter at a career fair and we kicked it off, they really fun and personable, and gave them my resume. They contacted me to let me know there'd be an on campus recruiting event in a few weeks, at which I spoke to him and some other recruiters and had some fun speaking with them. By the time they interviewed me I had spoken with them a lot and we went through my resume fairly quickly. It seemed like a major question for them was whether I'd be fine with spending the summer in houston, which I was fine with.

Interview Questions
    • Draw a Stress vs. Strain curve. Some people got asked what a gearbox was, or what GD&T was.   Answer Question
    There was none, it's a large company and what you see is what you get.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in November 2013.

I applied to the position through university recruiting in October 2013. The initial screening was made in person at University of California, Berkeley. I got the result one week later to schedule my on site interview in Houston. It was a really nice visit. Company culture was encouraging. Promotion is based on merits and the company lets the employees to choose where they want to work after training period is done. On site interview consists of a presentation on your previous project and 4 behavioral and technical interviews.

CNC Machinist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in February 2013.

they did not ask much, they just ask me what kind of experience I had, what kind of machinery I had ran, why did I wanted to work for this company, why did I wanted to leave my previus company tec..

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger.

it was an on campus interview. The company have very good recruiters. The are interesting people, nice people.
    Regarding hiring process, just give the recruiters your resume and you are good to go. Chatted with the recruiters at the events.

Management Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Schlumberger in January 2014.

Knowledge of work. presentation..behavior pattern ...has two sets of interview ..1st with the HR to check how good you fit in the company...2nd would be knowledge assessment..no need to jump through the hoops ..relax ...no need to tensed

Interview Questions
    • It was a pretty simple and straight forward question and answers   Answer Question
    No negotiation...I didn't wanna push it too much

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2014.

Took about 2 weeks to here from. then got invited to do an interview in Houston at the headquorters building. it then took two more weeks after that to get hired. I was told my location about three weeks before i had to go. they payed for housing and travel both during the interviews as well as when i was actually working their.

Interview Questions
    • What typs of lean manufacturing experience do you have.   Answer Question
    None

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2013.

Was contacted by a recruiter. Interview was laid back and with realistic questions none of the STAR situational questions. Was asked about my experience and adapting to understanding new products.

Electrical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2010.

presentation for 45 minutes, questions and answers. Then technical interview each 1 hour, talking with expert or engineers expected to be working with for 2-3 hours, in the afternoon, talking with managers , the project manager, the engineering manager and HR managers, they explained the benefit package, and you ask about the job details and company background, their expectance etc.

Interview Questions
    • not very difficult on technical side, other questions, just be honest   Answer Question

Mud Logger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2013.

I applied with a recruiter online and two months later they called me. The phone interview was 10 minutes long and about rig life. I drove 300 miles to Houston for a group interview and tour. They said that they would pay my mileage but never did.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult challenge that I completed.   View Answer

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!