Schlumberger

2.9

149 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger in December 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter from Randstad Technologies and interviewed with Schlumberger two days later. According to the recruiter, Schlumberger was very interested in meeting me to interview, but the feeling was otherwise once I arrived there and it was very obvious. The hiring manager was not aware of recruiters who were sending me to interview there and had no idea what agency they were from. The interviewer was middle eastern and had poor english, along with bad understanding of questions that I asked during the interview. The interviewer basically asked me questions about work experience that I do not possess, neither indicated on my resume, as well as NOT being listed in the job description, which was a way of blackballing me from being hired. The interviewer came out and said that they have not been able to hire anyone after interviewing eight candidates in two weeks for the job and I see why. Schlumberger is expecting "perfect" candidates, which does not exist in the corporate world, as well as not having competent staff to interview candidates. Also, I noticed that 98% of the staff there were foreigners and it seems as though Schlumberger predominantly hires foreigners. After interviewing that day and doing some research on Schlumberger reviews, I came across several that express the same experience about not being a diverse company to work for by former Schlumberger employees. I was very excited to interview with Schlumberger, but after the experience, I have lost interest in working for Schlumberger and would rather go to a competitor like Halliburton, KBR, Waetherford, or Technip.

Supply Chain Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Schlumberger came to our campus career fair. I had one round on campus interview and then got an offer after two months. The interview process was very smooth and recruiters were very chill, approachable and nice.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. What is stress and strain? Explain past projects and what you learned in classes. Most of the time, it was me talking.   View Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in October 2014.

I had an on-campus interview with Schlumberger in which we discussed my past experiences and went over basic behavioral/interest questions. I connected well with the interviewer; she had a similar research background and enjoyed her time at Schlumberger.

I was invited to interview in Sugar Land (Houston), Texas, for positions in REMS - Research, Engineering, Manufacturing, Sustaining. At the interview I was asked to give a 7-minute presentation (10 slides or fewer) explaining a technical project to Schlumberger leadership with a few minutes of questions. Afterward, I had 4 one-on-one interviews with managers from across Schlumberger REMS.

One day later I received an offer for a position in Houston within the Engineering group with two weeks to respond.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer placed a couple drawings on the desk and asked me to describe the function of the device. What was the material? Where would there be a possibility of mechanical failure? Then, he clarified the purpose of the machinery and asked what design considerations were important. He specifically asked me about design alterations or choices that catered to my background (thermal fluids).   View Answer

I was nervous about becoming just a "number" in a massive company. I was skeptical about the rigid and impersonal advancement process. I felt the recruitment process was very one-sided. Upon receiving the offer, I knew nothing about the potential team or technology that I would be working with. I was offered a position based on Schlumberger's needs, not necessarily my interests.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger.

it was an on campus interview. The company have very good recruiters. The are interesting people, nice people.
    Regarding hiring process, just give the recruiters your resume and you are good to go. Chatted with the recruiters at the events.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

First had an on-campus interview. Heard back from them a week later to schedule an on-site interview in Houston. It consisted of giving a presentation to a panel, followed by round of interviews.

Treasury Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter then I had one interview with the division mamager over the phone after that I had an onsite interview. Then they will call you to let you know their decision. The whole process will take you about two weeks or so.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the journal entries for different types of situations.   View Answer
    Accepted

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Cover Letter, phone interview, office visit. All in all took about a couple of months.

VOIP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in May 2014.

Schlumberger interview 5/22/2014—three weeks waiting time
    with 4 person via conference number ID. Took approximately 55mins for the interview. Very detail voice interview.
    I manage to answer all questions using the knowledge that I had for many years supporting voice. Very knowledgeable managers and engineer. Sound like a very good team to work for if hired. Crossing my fingers because I like to retire with Schlumberger. The interview did not cover the role or what they hiring for.
    They said they putting the job on hold and could not find an exact person for the position. Please explain to the recruiters what you want please. Disappointed .

Electrical EngineerREMS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in May 2014.

I went to the career fair and submitted my resume as well as filled out their application card. I was notified a week later on an on campus interview for a research engineering position with a focus on electrical systems. Over the course of an hour, I was asked questions regarding my coursework, detailed description of technical projects and what tools (hardware/software) I used, and what areas of my major I have studied. I was asked whether I had experience working with FPGAs and micro controllers and whether I had worked on PBB layouts and design.

Interview Questions
    • How did you revise your design (tools, software, hardware, ergonomics, overall idea) for your senior project each time to reach your optimal design over the course of 12 alternate designs? How did you prototype the hardware and perform signal processing tests on your project? How did you know that those test were valid?   Answer Question

I already accepted an internship in technical product management at another company.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in April 2014.

The first interview was a video call. It went for as long as an hour. It was very smooth and easy. A LOT of questions were asked and a lot was discussed. The recruiter who seemed very curt through emails was not curt actually, it was only the style in email communication.

Video call:
    Even though I was told it is a behavioral interview, it ended up being technical too. I was asked a lot of questions on my courses too. I didn't mind it, since I knew everything from my coursework. In 2-3 days I got the email for a round 2 interview, which will be in person with the managers.

In-person interview:
    They flew me to the office to interview. This interview was only 15 mins long (seemed like a lot of money spent for 15 minutes interview)! The manager was really cool and it was a fun discussion. It seemed like they had already made up their mind during the first interview and they only wanted to see me in person.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were easy. Nothing was unexpected. There were questions like:
      Situational questions (something similar to STAR approach).
      Then questions about suppliers, the selection process, supplier performance evaluation.
      The only one question I could not answer and should have been able to:
      What areas in you require improvement?
      (Basically they were asking what are your negativities that can be improved)

Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase and I did not initiate any negotiation. Was happy to have received the internship.