Schlumberger Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.9

144 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger.

it was an on campus interview. The company have very good recruiters. The are interesting people, nice people.
    Regarding hiring process, just give the recruiters your resume and you are good to go. Chatted with the recruiters at the events.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger.

First had an on-campus interview. Heard back from them a week later to schedule an on-site interview in Houston. It consisted of giving a presentation to a panel, followed by round of interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Cover Letter, phone interview, office visit. All in all took about a couple of months.

Treasury Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter then I had one interview with the division mamager over the phone after that I had an onsite interview. Then they will call you to let you know their decision. The whole process will take you about two weeks or so.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the journal entries for different types of situations.   View Answer
    Accepted

VOIP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in May 2014.

Schlumberger interview 5/22/2014—three weeks waiting time
    with 4 person via conference number ID. Took approximately 55mins for the interview. Very detail voice interview.
    I manage to answer all questions using the knowledge that I had for many years supporting voice. Very knowledgeable managers and engineer. Sound like a very good team to work for if hired. Crossing my fingers because I like to retire with Schlumberger. The interview did not cover the role or what they hiring for.
    They said they putting the job on hold and could not find an exact person for the position. Please explain to the recruiters what you want please. Disappointed .

REMS Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2014.

An email was sent to ask if I want a phone interview. After two days, the phone interview lasted for 23 min, and asked basic behavior questions from recruiter. No specific research questions were asked. Then the recruiter double checked with me that I would be available from June to August. At the end, the recruiter talked about the benefits of internship, and the entire time.

Interview Questions
    • Did you have a situation that your background could not help you to solve the problem? What did you do   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in April 2014.

Took about 2 weeks to here from. then got invited to do an interview in Houston at the headquorters building. it then took two more weeks after that to get hired. I was told my location about three weeks before i had to go. they payed for housing and travel both during the interviews as well as when i was actually working their.

Interview Questions
    • What typs of lean manufacturing experience do you have.   Answer Question
    None

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in April 2014.

The first interview was a video call. It went for as long as an hour. It was very smooth and easy. A LOT of questions were asked and a lot was discussed. The recruiter who seemed very curt through emails was not curt actually, it was only the style in email communication.

Video call:
    Even though I was told it is a behavioral interview, it ended up being technical too. I was asked a lot of questions on my courses too. I didn't mind it, since I knew everything from my coursework. In 2-3 days I got the email for a round 2 interview, which will be in person with the managers.

In-person interview:
    They flew me to the office to interview. This interview was only 15 mins long (seemed like a lot of money spent for 15 minutes interview)! The manager was really cool and it was a fun discussion. It seemed like they had already made up their mind during the first interview and they only wanted to see me in person.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were easy. Nothing was unexpected. There were questions like:
      Situational questions (something similar to STAR approach).
      Then questions about suppliers, the selection process, supplier performance evaluation.
      The only one question I could not answer and should have been able to:
      What areas in you require improvement?
      (Basically they were asking what are your negativities that can be improved)
        Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase and I did not initiate any negotiation. Was happy to have received the internship.

REMS Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in March 2014.

Started out with talking to one of the recruiters during career fair (was a huge line and waited for almost an hour until i was able to talk). This was almost a short mini interview and consisted of talking about what languages i'm good at (they seem to like C++, C#, Matlab) and then asked about projects i did in school or a internship. Although i didn't know then but from what i know now this part is important since each of the interviewers have a card that is marked 1-10 in terms of what they think of ur skill level and another box for "yes" or "no". At the end they will throw out all the no's and non 10's so do your best during this very short career fair mini interview that is about 5 - 10 min long. Also i strongly suggest waiting in the line with the interviewer that spends a lot of time with each person because everyone goes through candidates in different speeds. The more they let you talk the better

Then I had a interview on my school campus that was 45 min long. Talked about the various projects i did, the technical aspects of it and what i am interested in and asked basic programming questions like stack/heap, virtual classes, etc. No paper and pen or white board.

Then i got to the final stage. The interview is about 1.5 days. You arrive the day before during the afternoon. You get to check into your hotel and then you go on a 1 hour tour of the sugarland campus. Afterwards you have a dinner where you are given a presentation about the company and you are split into tables of your same majors. (mech, EE, CS) and there is at least 1 manager of the relevant field in each table. The manager on your table will be one of your interviewers the next day so its a good idea to get a good impression from him/her. After dinner you split into groups and do a team building exercise. In my case we had to build a catapult for marshmallows using pop sickle sticks, pencil, rubber bands, etc. Then you have a competition using it. The managers during this time will go around and see what everyone does. This event may be just for fun or they may be gauging you on team work and creativity i have no idea though.

The next day, interview took place in the hotel, not on sugarland campus. All the candidates are broken into groups of their respective field/major. Then each person does a 7 min presentation on a past project one did with a room full of managers of your respective field with 3 min for questions at the end. Then there are four 45 min interviews with different managers and 15 min break in between. Each one asked different things. They like asking questions on projects you did, what classes you liked and why. What you look for in this company. They will also ask questions like "what was the coolest project you've seen?", "what do you think technology will be like 5, 10 years from now?" "what kind of version control do you use?". They asked basic questions on object oriented principles, threads, and stack/heap. They also asked for technical and design details regarding the project you have presented as well as basic behavioral questions: "leadership, managing time, organization, etc". This last phase of the interview had no white board or paper/pen coding. Make sure you think of questions for each one of the interviewers since they will always leave room for questions at the end. After this was done they had me fill out a feed back regarding interview process and was told i would hear back from 2-3 weeks. I heard back after 1 full week.

Interview Questions
    • what is the cost for context switching for threads?   View Answer
    was very happy with the starting salary so i accepted without negotiation

Structural Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger in March 2014.

They posted an opening online which is very match to background so I sent my CV. A week later, two engineers had a phone interview with me asking many technical problems. Then after a week the manager interviewed me again. One month later, a recruiter had a third phone interview with me. A week after that, I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What leadership experience did you have and how did you do?   Answer Question