Schlumberger

Updated Mar 4, 2015

2.9

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in February 2015.

Submitted resume at an on campus career fair and was contacted about a week later. I was scheduled for a one on one on campus interview with two weeks to prepare. After the interview, they got back to me about a month later.

The interview went well and they mainly focused on my resume.

Human Resources Keystone Nomad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in February 2015.

I apply online through the career center in my university. I received an email for an interview on campus and it was a nice experience. Recruiter was really nice and it went on like a conversation. It was the typical walk me through your resume, why schlumberger. And typical behavioral questions. Nothing hard. Just to get to know you. Just be yourself. I received an email for second round. Going for that one in the next few days.

Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Schlumberger in January 2015.

The interviewer was really nice and informative. He asks the basic questions on your resume but the phone interview is hard to hear if your connection isn't great so try hard to pay attention. A little stressful but nothing too hard. I thought I was panicking but apparently not cause the interview went well.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a basic algebra question so pay attention.   Answer Question
    I'm going to the a second interview next month.

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger in December 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter from Randstad Technologies and interviewed with Schlumberger two days later. According to the recruiter, Schlumberger was very interested in meeting me to interview, but the feeling was otherwise once I arrived there and it was very obvious. The hiring manager was not aware of recruiters who were sending me to interview there and had no idea what agency they were from. The interviewer was middle eastern and had poor english, along with bad understanding of questions that I asked during the interview. The interviewer basically asked me questions about work experience that I do not possess, neither indicated on my resume, as well as NOT being listed in the job description, which was a way of blackballing me from being hired. The interviewer came out and said that they have not been able to hire anyone after interviewing eight candidates in two weeks for the job and I see why. Schlumberger is expecting "perfect" candidates, which does not exist in the corporate world, as well as not having competent staff to interview candidates. Also, I noticed that 98% of the staff there were foreigners and it seems as though Schlumberger predominantly hires foreigners. After interviewing that day and doing some research on Schlumberger reviews, I came across several that express the same experience about not being a diverse company to work for by former Schlumberger employees. I was very excited to interview with Schlumberger, but after the experience, I have lost interest in working for Schlumberger and would rather go to a competitor like Halliburton, KBR, Waetherford, or Technip.

Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger in December 2014.

Initial phone interview came a month after applying, was told it was for Mudlogging. 2nd interview I was flown to Houston, TX for 2-day process in Sugarland. On 1st day we all were informed there were about 8 different types of jobs besides mudlogging. Informative as the first day was about each jobs' duties and lifestyles, a quick turn around of choosing was expected. 2nd day included test rig site tour and individual interviews dependent upon job selection.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important measurement/data with on-site wireline data acquisition?   View Answer
    Only negotiable factors are start date and location. Salary is not; they tell you this during 2nd interview.

REMS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in November 2014.

I Applied through career fair. Then I got an email to set up an on-campus interview. The on-campus interview questions are resume based. Also something about team work. Then two weeks later, got the on site interview in Houston. There are about 30 candidates in the onsite interview event. The first day is to visit different locations in the Houston. The second day is first to present a project you have done. Then, four sessions of 20 min interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with conflict when you work in a team?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Schlumberger came to our campus career fair. I had one round on campus interview and then got an offer after two months. The interview process was very smooth and recruiters were very chill, approachable and nice.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. What is stress and strain? Explain past projects and what you learned in classes. Most of the time, it was me talking.   View Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in October 2014.

I had an on-campus interview with Schlumberger in which we discussed my past experiences and went over basic behavioral/interest questions. I connected well with the interviewer; she had a similar research background and enjoyed her time at Schlumberger.

I was invited to interview in Sugar Land (Houston), Texas, for positions in REMS - Research, Engineering, Manufacturing, Sustaining. At the interview I was asked to give a 7-minute presentation (10 slides or fewer) explaining a technical project to Schlumberger leadership with a few minutes of questions. Afterward, I had 4 one-on-one interviews with managers from across Schlumberger REMS.

One day later I received an offer for a position in Houston within the Engineering group with two weeks to respond.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer placed a couple drawings on the desk and asked me to describe the function of the device. What was the material? Where would there be a possibility of mechanical failure? Then, he clarified the purpose of the machinery and asked what design considerations were important. He specifically asked me about design alterations or choices that catered to my background (thermal fluids).   View Answer

I was nervous about becoming just a "number" in a massive company. I was skeptical about the rigid and impersonal advancement process. I felt the recruitment process was very one-sided. Upon receiving the offer, I knew nothing about the potential team or technology that I would be working with. I was offered a position based on Schlumberger's needs, not necessarily my interests.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

On campus interview, half technical questions and half behavioral. I believe it was just 1 round, but am not sure as I did not get an offer. Overall friendly, but the interviewer did seem judgmental when I could not answer a technical question. Make sure you know basic technical skills and graphs.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger.

it was an on campus interview. The company have very good recruiters. The are interesting people, nice people.
    Regarding hiring process, just give the recruiters your resume and you are good to go. Chatted with the recruiters at the events.