Schlumberger

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2014.

Interview Details – Took about 2 weeks to here from. then got invited to do an interview in Houston at the headquorters building. it then took two more weeks after that to get hired. I was told my location about three weeks before i had to go. they payed for housing and travel both during the interviews as well as when i was actually working their.

Interview Question – What typs of lean manufacturing experience do you have.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Very Easy Interview

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Sourcing Specialist
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter. Interview was laid back and with realistic questions none of the STAR situational questions. Was asked about my experience and adapting to understanding new products.

Electrical Engineer II Interview

Electrical Engineer II
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2010.

Interview Details – presentation for 45 minutes, questions and answers. Then technical interview each 1 hour, talking with expert or engineers expected to be working with for 2-3 hours, in the afternoon, talking with managers , the project manager, the engineering manager and HR managers, they explained the benefit package, and you ask about the job details and company background, their expectance etc.

Interview Question – not very difficult on technical side, other questions, just be honest   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Mud Logger Interview

Mud Logger
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied with a recruiter online and two months later they called me. The phone interview was 10 minutes long and about rig life. I drove 300 miles to Houston for a group interview and tour. They said that they would pay my mileage but never did.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult challenge that I completed.   View Answer

VOIP Engineer Interview

VOIP Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2014.

Interview Details – Schlumberger interview 5/22/2014—three weeks waiting time
with 4 person via conference number ID. Took approximately 55mins for the interview. Very detail voice interview.
I manage to answer all questions using the knowledge that I had for many years supporting voice. Very knowledgeable managers and engineer. Sound like a very good team to work for if hired. Crossing my fingers because I like to retire with Schlumberger. The interview did not cover the role or what they hiring for.
They said they putting the job on hold and could not find an exact person for the position. Please explain to the recruiters what you want please. Disappointed .

Interview Question – What is your daily job like ?   View Answer

Treasury Accountant Interview

Treasury Accountant
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter then I had one interview with the division mamager over the phone after that I had an onsite interview. Then they will call you to let you know their decision. The whole process will take you about two weeks or so.

Interview Question – Describe the journal entries for different types of situations.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Accepted

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – First had an on-campus interview. Heard back from them a week later to schedule an on-site interview in Houston. It consisted of giving a presentation to a panel, followed by round of interviews.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work with Schlumberger?   Answer Question

Mehcanical Engineer Interview

Mehcanical Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2014.

Interview Details – 1st round, on campus interview. resume and some general mechanical questions.
2nd round, on site interview in Houston. At the beginning, everyone need to give a presentation about your project in 7mins. Then the engineers in schlumberger will ask you questions about your project.
Then one on one interview with four engineers. Almost no resume questions, 1 or 2 questions about your presentation, then all the technical questions. It's all about the projects they are working on. It's really hard. But just answer as many as you can with you mechanical sense. The interviewers are nice, even though you cannot answer their questions. Don't be nervous.

Interview Question – Give you what they designed and ask you what is the function. How it works. Why it is designed liked this.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I think the salary is fair.

REMS Intern Interview

REMS Intern
Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2014.

Interview Details – An email was sent to ask if I want a phone interview. After two days, the phone interview lasted for 23 min, and asked basic behavior questions from recruiter. No specific research questions were asked. Then the recruiter double checked with me that I would be available from June to August. At the end, the recruiter talked about the benefits of internship, and the entire time.

Interview Question – Did you have a situation that your background could not help you to solve the problem? What did you do   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – Cover Letter, phone interview, office visit. All in all took about a couple of months.

Interview Question – They were all standard questions   Answer Question

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!