Schlumberger

Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Junior Field Engineer
Bandung (Indonesia)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2010.

Interview Details – 1. There are around 1000 students that are applying for the job, there are 5 interviewers. The interviewers are carrying bottle with a lot of small papers. We need to pick up this paper and tell the interviewer whatever is written in the paper for 1 min. In my case I got "plastic"
2. Now there are only 100 students and we are divided into group of 10 students. We are given materials (paper, scissors, glue, etc) and we need to create a vehicle that can be used in both dessert and arctic. We need to present the project later on
3. Final interview with the recruiter. I got question: It is 3 AM in the morning and you have to go offshore but your crew is still sleeping and doesn't want to go up. What will you do?

Interview Question – I got question: It is 3 AM in the morning and you have to go offshore but your crew is still sleeping and doesn't want to go up. What will you do?   View Answers (2)

Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – there was three different process:
1. We need to take a random paper from bowl of papers. The paper has a question which topic is very general, and probably has nothing to do with any technical-understanding. What they want to know from this process is the way we handle & communicate during unexpected situation.
2. Team building game: design (on paper) a car that can be used in the dessert, and present it in front of other team. The Schlumberger people really judge people on personal level. Don't be too bossy, because Schlumberger might think that you are a difficult person to work with.
3. Interview: standard question about personal, achievement, and why choosing the job,

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Depok, West Java (Indonesia)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2013.

Interview Details – communication test, aptitude test, group discusiion test

Interview Question – haven't got any yet (still have some steps to pass all the test)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – haven't got any yet (still have some steps to pass all the test)

Geophysicist Interview

Geophysicist
Bandung, West Java (Indonesia)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2012.

Interview Details – It was an university recruitment took whole day session (Stage 1-3). Stage 1 is communication skill interview 1:1. Answer random question. Stage 2 is aptitude test, math & physics. Stage 3 is focus group discussion (team work solving case).

The following weeks I did the stage 4. HR interview: the interview is mainly about yourself, your hobby & background check and other personality questions. They ask about 1.) Tell me about your self 2.) What sport do you do 3.) Do you like travelling 4.) Wheter I have short time plan to married or not (because I am a woman) 5.) How do you see yourself in 10 years. In 1 month they emailed me that I pass the stage 4. But after that I ve been on hold about 5 months to attend the user/final interview. I hope in the next 2 weeks it will be done & I will update this review.

Stage 5 is medical check up. Then will be conducting field exposure about 1 week maybe. And et voila.. welcome to schlumberger

Interview Question – What was the most difficult time in your life ?
Don't you want to live like your mom, play the role as a mom/ nice housewife ?
Do you think you are though ? proof it
  Answer Question

Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in December 2010.

Interview Details – Apply online, called for exams, if pass then you will be invited for interview, the process is as in any good company and the questions are also as any interview for a good job. Once you are successful you may be given a job offer which you have the liberty to accept or decline

Interview Question – What is the most difficult thing you have ever done in life   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Flat Rate

Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was recruited through an opening at a university job fair. The first test was a 3 minutes interview, we had to randomly pick a topic and talk about it for a certain amount of time. The second test was written test consisting of basic maths, basic physics, and aptitude test. The third test was a focus group discussion where we had to discuss a given topic and solve it, and then present it as a group. The fourth step is an HR interview. If we pass through the HR interview, we would be appointed to a specific segment and we would conduct the final interview with the top managers in the segment.

Interview Question – Considering your great motivation to join Schlumberger, would you still accept joining Schlumberger if I offer you half of the expected salary that you mentioned?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation on the salary and benefits but it was already good.

Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in July 2008.

Interview Details – More than 100 candidates attended open day on campus, the process starts with 2 minutes interview in English to filter out candidates. Shortlisted candidates from the 2 minutes interview assigned to groups to do group work and presentation. The group work is about designing a craft for specific purposes using given materials. The result of the work is presented to the rest of the participants with Q&A session. Final interview conducted in Schlumberger office or in local venue close to the university.

Interview Question – Design a landing craft for eggs, so 2 eggs won't break when dropped from 1.5 m height.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The basic salary at entry level is pegged as per grade. Recruiter has no power to modify base salary at entry level.

Very Difficult Interview

Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in June 2012.

Interview Details – Basicly the interviewer ask about family background and stuff. After that, your achievement at campus life. Why do you want to work at SLB? and what do you wanna be in the next 5 years

Interview Question – why you grades is so low?   View Answer

Field Engineer
Surabaya, East Java (Indonesia)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2011.

Interview Details – after passing one day full of test of schlumberger, the following day I called by schlmberger to first 1:1 interview, but unfortunately i didn't passed these interview because i has done some mistakes in answering the question about my hobby in sport. In this field, an extreme sport is obviously needed for daily work in the field site exspecially in offshore, so for you guys, it's important to show your great appreciation to sport at least swimming. But i wont lose my hope to join the schlumberger teams, because it's kinda solid team I ever dreamt. This month I will try my best again to join their recruitment process again, and this is maybe the last chance that I had before my age reach 26, so wish me luck guys, I love u!

Interview Questions

• tell me about your self, why you wanna join schlumberger and its related question.   Answer Question
  • why you choosed your degree?
    How you can contribute to this company as a field engineer? ...
      Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Geologist
Jakarta (Indonesia)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2010.

Interview Details – Some behavioral questions, about myself, my educational background, my organizational experiences, my dream job, my daily activity, etc. Later on, he asked me about technical question, mainly he asked the questions after he asked me to tell my thesis. Tough enough, i did not manage to pass that interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!