Schlumberger Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger (Austin, TX).

Interview

Interview was poorly done. Most of the questions were behavioral, and only one computer science question was asked. Questions about past projects and interests were asked. Took them a while to get back.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger (Cambridge, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. I met with the hiring manager in his office, and then we had a cordial lunch. He asked basic questions about projects that were listed on my resume. He explained what I would be doing if I was hired (signals and systems processing), and finally, asked if I had any questions. Interview was approximately an hour.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

I went to my school's career fair in the fall. I talked to the recruiter and got an email to interview the next day on campus later that day. I figured out in Jan. that I was accepted for a summer internship.

Interview Questions

• When was the hardest time you had to say "no" to someone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume through our college career fair and they contacted me a couple of weeks later with an opportunity for an interview. Interview went for about thirty minutes and was all behavioral. Went over parts of my resume then talked about things such as how much coding I do outside of classes. I asked about what some ongoing projects were at Schlumberger. Interviewer was very nice and said it looked positive. Received a rejection for the interview about 4 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you more of a leader or one who follows instructions from leaders?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

First an on campus interview will be conducted, and then if you perform well, you will be flown out to Shreveport, Louisiana or Midland, Texas for a 3 day on site interview. After this, you will be notified within two weeks of the outcome of your application.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Schlumberger came to our campus career fair, selected candidates for an interview were then notified via campus recruiting website, interview was with one recruiter, asked questions about company (so do your research), I would categorize this interview as a "stress interview"

Interview Questions

• If someone with a 3.9 GPA can not pass training, how will you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I went to the job fair in my university, and during the job fair, I talked with one of the people in the company. The guy went through my resume very quick, and during this process, he asked me questions.

Intern Interview

Interview

I got the interview from Campus Career Fair. We had a talk for about 30 minutes. Mainly on behavioral questions. Then I waited for 2 months until they told me there was no opening for the Intern.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

On campus interview, half technical questions and half behavioral. I believe it was just 1 round, but am not sure as I did not get an offer. Overall friendly, but the interviewer did seem judgmental when I could not answer a technical question. Make sure you know basic technical skills and graphs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX).

Interview

it was an on campus interview. The company have very good recruiters. The are interesting people, nice people.
    Regarding hiring process, just give the recruiters your resume and you are good to go. Chatted with the recruiters at the events.