Schlumberger

Updated Feb 25, 2015
1,063 Interview Reviews

2.9

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger.

The interview consisted of two components: Behavioral interview and presentation/technical interview. I received the first interview by my school's career fair and center. The Behavioral portion was pretty standard. The interview consisted of 7 questions and a simple technical question. After three weeks, the recruiter contacted me by inviting me to the second round. The second round was more technical over the presentation topic which you selected prior to arriving. There were early mornings and late night sessions. I believe this was the test to see if the candidates could deal with the demanding hours of a field engineer. For the last day, we saw the field and talked to recruiters about working locations. About a month later, I received and offer.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger.

So far, I've only had a first round interview. I would describe the interviewer as a seasoned veteran of the company who has experience in possibly every aspect of the field. In the two days I had contact with him (info session and interview) he had a lot of knowledge and experience to impart. To be honest, it was a privilege.

The interview itself was extremely relaxed. He had specific questions to ask about my fortitude and to ensure I would fit in, and that was about it. It seemed like the fastest half hour of my life. I hope it was easy because my resume spoke for itself and he already decided he liked me, but that's just speculation, and possibly wishful thinking. He replied to me and thanked me before I could even thank him. Very very impressed. I want to work for this company.

I will update as the process hopefully continues. I have not received an offer yet, interview was only yesterday. I still need to be invited to and pass a second round.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time, in a work setting, that you asked someone to do something and they said no.   Answer Question

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger.

It was a three day process. Company pays for your flight. They feed you and keep you in a nice hotel. You learn about the company the first day. Second day you meet the managers that are looking for new candidates. Third day is the final interview. They make their decision about a week or two after your interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is Ohms law? How do you add resistance in a parallel circuit?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

The process seems to be pretty well documented on here. I got the first round interview through a school career fair, which was a pretty generic 30 min interview. After two weeks, the recruiter emailed me with an offer to the second round. Second round started off with technical presentations that ran late into the night. Early next morning we went into the field and saw a couple different segments. When we got back to the hotel, I talked with the recruiter about my work preferences. A month later I got an offer.

Communication throughout the process was terrible.... There seems to be high turnover in HR since I've talked to three different recruiters in three different semesters. It was tough to get responses from the recruiters. Even after I got an offer, my emails got ignored. It was easiest to call the recruiters, but they don't give out their numbers. I only got it after I got called.

Furthermore the process of selecting a segment was very shady and seemed to be full of lies. My first choice was "closed" according to the recruiter, but somehow, my friend got in. Similarly, another person was told that the segment I was placed in was "unavailable currently". Additionally, this was only told over the phone, not email (no paper trail). Why lie to us? I was excited about working for SLB, but the hiring process has been very unprofessional, extreme, and has turned off.

REM Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger.

Businsss professional on campus. Typical situation based questions and others about why are you interested in this position,. Never a personal response that was promised for 2 weeks later. interviewer was fairly nice. Speaking to employee at career fair definitely helped me get interview. They asked me to choose a specific route with in the engineering intern program and I was rather ambiguous with might have hurt me. Try to emphasize you are interested in staying with them for ththe long run.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Schlumberger.

The second interview is a group, onsite interview. Be prepared by researching Schlumberger, their services, and current developements in technology. We all presented in groups on different service segments. The recruiters also presented information on the different segments. There were team building excercises as well.

Interview Questions
    • You wil most likely be asked about your motiviation to be a field engineer. Be sure you know what it's all about. Demonstrating that you fit the field engineer lifestyle is key.   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Schlumberger.

Was flown to Sugarland, TX. It was a 2 day process, basically a 48 hour interview because they are watching you the entire time. Interviewed with 2 people that where really nice for about 45 minutes.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in February 2015.

Submitted resume at an on campus career fair and was contacted about a week later. I was scheduled for a one on one on campus interview with two weeks to prepare. After the interview, they got back to me about a month later.

The interview went well and they mainly focused on my resume.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger.

I went to my school's career fair in the fall. I talked to the recruiter and got an email to interview the next day on campus later that day. I figured out in Jan. that I was accepted for a summer internship.

Interview Questions
    • When was the hardest time you had to say "no" to someone?   Answer Question

IT PMO Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Screened and interviewed by external recruiter then had on-site interview with hiring manager and another manager. The interviewers were not prepared and had not reviewed my resume nor did they bring a copy to the interview. I was very turned off by the interviewers because the interview felt like a waste of time as they really did not ask any real type of interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers were unprepared and really did not have any real interview questions other than "tell me about yourself"   Answer Question