Schlumberger

Updated Jan 25, 2015
1,042 Interview Reviews

2.9

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview was scheduled in Houston. There were 50 college students applying for 20 open internships. Interview took place in Sugarland Campus and offsite hotel where Schumberger managers held 30 minute interviews.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger.

First an on campus interview will be conducted, and then if you perform well, you will be flown out to Shreveport, Louisiana or Midland, Texas for a 3 day on site interview. After this, you will be notified within two weeks of the outcome of your application.

IT PMO Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Screened and interviewed by external recruiter then had on-site interview with hiring manager and another manager. The interviewers were not prepared and had not reviewed my resume nor did they bring a copy to the interview. I was very turned off by the interviewers because the interview felt like a waste of time as they really did not ask any real type of interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers were unprepared and really did not have any real interview questions other than "tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Senior Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Hiring takes around half a year from paper submission to hired status.the process takes very long to know where you'll be based after hiring process also. In order to achieve the good locations, you'll also need to know 2nd/3rd language rather than your native language. This comes into challenges for people that just got right out of college.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger.

I got selected for an on campus interview through career services. The initial interview included describing my accomplishments which was pretty much 'walking through' my resume. I thought he was a good interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to go out of your way to accomplish an objective. Follow up question was relate that to this position your applying for.   Answer Question

REMS Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger.

after submitting resume at campus career fair, got an interview on campus. Easy resume-based questions. Notified of a second interview at Sugar Land an week after. have less than a week to prepare for the technical interview, which consists of a technical presentation and four 1-hour interviews by four engineers.

Interview Questions
    • questions about GD&T, technical drawings of their products   Answer Question

CNC Machinist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Schlumberger.

I was living in another state, but they flew me out for an interview. A few weeks later they sent me an offer, I negotiated it, and it was agreed upon. I then filled out a paper application, so they could get my info for a background check. After I passed the background check I drove to their location knowing I could pass the urine analysis, hair follicle test and breathalyzer. They kept me up in a hotel as I awaited the results and found a place to live.

Interview Questions
    • It's an easy interview if you know what you're doing. None of that HR crap. I interviewed directly with a machinist.   Answer Question
    They sent me a contract which consisted of my hourly pay and my relocation package. I told them I wanted more and they gave me what I wanted.

Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Schlumberger in January 2015.

The interviewer was really nice and informative. He asks the basic questions on your resume but the phone interview is hard to hear if your connection isn't great so try hard to pay attention. A little stressful but nothing too hard. I thought I was panicking but apparently not cause the interview went well.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a basic algebra question so pay attention.   Answer Question
    I'm going to the a second interview next month.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger.

After the normal 1st interview, which was on campus, I was selected to interview a 2nd time. This process meant you had to fly out to a location and go through a 2 day interview process.

The interview included:

As part of the interview process we would like you to prepare a short presentation (5-6 slides and about 5-6 minutes per each team) on the segment that you have been assigned (segment assignment is for presentation purposes only and will not affect potential employment assignment). You are welcome to use any resource of your choice (websites, books, etc). The Spreadsheet attached has your assigned segment and your group member contact information. If you have difficulty contacting any of your group members, let me know in advance!

Segment Groups:
    1. D&M (Drilling & Measurements) and Pathfinder
    2. Wireline Open Hole Logging
    3. Well Cementing Services
    4. Wireline Cased Hole Services
    5. Hydraulic Fracturing Services
    6. Artificial Lift
    7. MI-SWACO

Feel free to us the Schlumberger website, but please to use other resources as well. Your audience should be geared towards those who do not know anything about our business. An example of what to include in your presentation is:
    - What is the purpose of that segment?
    - How does it fit into the life cycle of a well?
    - What are the different services this segment provides?
    - What are different ways/techniques to perform these operations?
    - What is a typical equipment layout during a job in that segment?

You will present on the evening of Day One. (We will meet at 6:00 p.m. in the conference room of the hotel). Recruiters and managers from different product lines will ask questions related to your presentation.

As part of the interview we are planning to visit one of our bases and a well site. To do this, we will all have to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment). I recommend you to bring a comfortable set of clothes (comfortable pants/shorts and a t-shirt) to wear underneath the coveralls. If you own a pair of steel toe shoes/boots you can bring those.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger.

The interview was long and exhausting. But, it was very informative and the whole event felt very personal. I enjoyed the process. The presentations also helped me decide which part of company I feel as though I would have been a good fit for.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't necessarily ask how I would act, they saw through team building activities.   Answer Question