Schlumberger

904 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

REMS Engineer Interview

REMS Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – Basic behavioral questions were asked pertaining to previous project work, leadership experience. The interviewer shared his own experiences while at the company ans was very friendly overall. The questions were pretty straight forward and expected first round questions.

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer

Interviewed at Schlumberger

Interview Details – You must emphasize your willingness to sacrifice personal life. They recruit large numbers of new graduates because they are very aware that their retention rate is extremely low.

Interview Question – Company tries to trick you into admitting you are not as flexible and self-sacrificing as you appear to be.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Sourcing Specialist
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter. Interview was laid back and with realistic questions none of the STAR situational questions. Was asked about my experience and adapting to understanding new products.

Field Engineer Trainee Interview

Field Engineer Trainee
Asia, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2014.

Interview Details – first test with 5 sections math mechanics logics and 2 parts for fast answers
then interview, which include presentation and team work task.you schlou build a construction that will b etall and stable

Interview Question – can you live together with men/woman while working?   View Answer

Quality Technician Interview

Quality Technician
Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in June 2012.

Interview Details – Schlumberger flew me out to Tulsa, OK from Houston, TX for multiple interviews. Meet and greet dinner and team building exercises over two days culminated with two separate formal interviews. Each had 2 to 3 interviewers asking me questions about my electronic background and knowledge.
Drug testing: Before flying out to Tulsa I had to get drug tested with a hair sample and breathalyzer. I also had to pass a fitness test which consisted of hanging from a rope using only my bare hands for 30 seconds. They also made me climb several flights of stairs while carrying a 30 lb. weight.
Before the interview the drug tested me on the first day. They also drug/alcohol tested me on the last day using urine samples and a breathalyzer.

Interview Question – They asked me lots of circuit questions like voltage dividers, ohms law, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was laid off for two years before this interview and didn't bother haggling on their offer.

Geosolutions Geophysicist Interview

Geosolutions Geophysicist

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, about a month later got an email about a phone interview. Phone interview was with a very friendly lady, all behavioral questions. About 3-4 weeks later got an email about a second interview. The second interview was a 2 day process. Day 1 Stayed in a hotel, met other candidates and a couple of Schlumberger geophysicist. They were very nice and treated us to a very nice dinner. Next day we had to give a presentation about ourselves/projects/jobs , then had an interview with about 3 managers. Half and Half resume questions and technical questions. Some challenging hypothetical situation questions as well.

Interview Question – what would u do if you were working on a project for a client and it became evident that you were not going to make the deadline? what are the 4 types of waves, what are clastic rocks, which rocks would you look for oil, what is fourier transform, whats attenuation, whats a karst   View Answer

Negotiation Details – non negotiable, but I'm not complaining

Electrical Engineer II Interview

Electrical Engineer II
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2010.

Interview Details – presentation for 45 minutes, questions and answers. Then technical interview each 1 hour, talking with expert or engineers expected to be working with for 2-3 hours, in the afternoon, talking with managers , the project manager, the engineering manager and HR managers, they explained the benefit package, and you ask about the job details and company background, their expectance etc.

Interview Question – not very difficult on technical side, other questions, just be honest   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Mud Logger Interview

Mud Logger
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied with a recruiter online and two months later they called me. The phone interview was 10 minutes long and about rig life. I drove 300 miles to Houston for a group interview and tour. They said that they would pay my mileage but never did.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult challenge that I completed.   View Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in January 2014.

Interview Details – Pretty easy standard interview questions on campus. Definitely get an on-campus interview if you want to proceed. Talk about your resume, be interested, etc. Flew out to OKC for the onsite interview. Keep you up really late for the weekend interview. Wake up really early. Make presentations in teams about drilling. Be a team player, that's what they like to see. Go to site and ask questions. Be engaged. If you are in good standing, and do all of that, they will pick you. Try to apply to positions that actually interest you. Easier to talk about.

Interview Question – No difficult questions really. Most unexpected: If you could be any TV character, who would you be and why?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not the lifestyle for me after seeing the site.

VOIP Engineer Interview

VOIP Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2014.

Interview Details – Schlumberger interview 5/22/2014—three weeks waiting time
with 4 person via conference number ID. Took approximately 55mins for the interview. Very detail voice interview.
I manage to answer all questions using the knowledge that I had for many years supporting voice. Very knowledgeable managers and engineer. Sound like a very good team to work for if hired. Crossing my fingers because I like to retire with Schlumberger. The interview did not cover the role or what they hiring for.
They said they putting the job on hold and could not find an exact person for the position. Please explain to the recruiters what you want please. Disappointed .

Interview Question – What is your daily job like ?   View Answer

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!