Schlumberger Interview Questions

1,155 Interview Reviews

2.9

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Schlumberger (Midland, TX).

Interview

Come in sit down, talk about who referred you and when you can start. There's no formal interview process here. As large as this company is, any given department can function on its own whims based on current management .

Interview Questions

• There was no formal interview which is crazy for such a large company   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger (Austin, TX).

Interview

Interview was poorly done. Most of the questions were behavioral, and only one computer science question was asked. Questions about past projects and interests were asked. Took them a while to get back.

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX).

Interview

Outsourcing contact you first for screening, behavior and technical questions. Then provide you link for behavorial assessment and accounting test. After this hiring manager perform phone interview. After first process they sent travel schedule, you will have four interviews, one with outsourced HR (you meet HR personal if you are hired ), then business segment manager and team leader, then with hiring manager, and for the last with project manager and other tax supervisor. They answered in less than 48 hours, then was background check and drug test, finishing whole process in around 25 days.

Interview Questions

• About meeting tight deadlines.   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied through college career website and got an email for an interview held on campus. Had to fill out some documentation before an interview. It was 1:1 interview. Got asked several behavioral questions. Interviewed for 30 minutes.

Field Specialist Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houma, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger (Houma, LA).

Interview

I actually had to go to 4 interviews. The first 2 were semi-formal and just getting to know you and they are usually held locally where they are recruiting. The 3rd was a formal interview which was held at one of their training schools in Tulsa, Oklahoma which spanned 3 days that involved presentations describing the company and its culture and on the last day was the formal face to face interview. The 4th interview was held in Houma, Louisiana at your potential work base where you get a one-on-one with your potential future manager and get a tour of the facilities and meet a few of your potential work mates. Note that during the 3rd and 4th interview all travel, lodging, and meals are provided or paid for by SLB.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you were working in a team project and your team experienced a major problem. How did you and your team react to this situation and resolved the issue?   Answer Question

REMS (Manufacturing Engineer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX).

Interview

I got the first interview through my university career fair. I had an interview on campus. Basic questions about thing son resume and behavioral questions. After 2 weeks(exactly) heard back for a 2nd round on their site. We were flown and driven there. Nice accommodation and hotel arrangements. We then met at a hotel, they gave a presentation about the company. Then we had a group activity(the usual; making a catapult). It was just for fun and team building. Don't think they were judging anything coz only recruiters came to the event, no managers. Next day, we left for the company early morning. We had our presentations which was pretty easy. The questions asked in the end were very simple and straightforward. The managers had no expressions on their face !! We then had 4 one on one interviews . Basic questions about past experiences. Some asked rapid fire lean questions. So be prepared with definitions of the basic Lean terminology. We also went on a quick tour of the plant. Was not like what I expected. It was rushed and fast. I was told I would hear back in 2 weeks. I didn't and my follow-up e-mails were ignored. I finally got through them after 4 weeks to know that even though they liked me, they weren't going to hire because of the problems in the oil and gas industry. It was a disappointment.

Lab Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

The interview was fairly straight forward. The hiring manager asked simple questions and made sure you were willing to do the work necessary to get the job done. The manager made sure to explain in detail what the job duties were and what was to be expected of yourself.

Interview Questions

• Explain why you would be a good fit in this environment and why I should believe you can handle the workload? What do you know about the company and why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger (Cambridge, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. I met with the hiring manager in his office, and then we had a cordial lunch. He asked basic questions about projects that were listed on my resume. He explained what I would be doing if I was hired (signals and systems processing), and finally, asked if I had any questions. Interview was approximately an hour.

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

This was a phone interview. The recruiter confirmed personal information. Asked basic background questions and then asked some behavioral questions form my previous job. After that the recruiter talked about the expectations for the job and what would be required of the position.

Interview Questions

• Give and example of a time when you had to use skills that pertain directly to the job you are applying for?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Got a call from one of the managers that i use to work 2 years ago in a different schlumberger branch. They needed someone to start ASAP. They had to exemption approval because of hiring freeze. It took them 50 days from job offer, drug test, background test to give me a start date.

Interview Questions

• Do you know creo and GEMS ? Can you co-ordinate work between designers and engineers?   1 Answer