Schlumberger Interview Questions

2.9

Supply Chain Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Schlumberger came to our campus career fair. I had one round on campus interview and then got an offer after two months. The interview process was very smooth and recruiters were very chill, approachable and nice.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. What is stress and strain? Explain past projects and what you learned in classes. Most of the time, it was me talking.   View Answer

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Schlumberger.

The 1st interview at my university's career fair was standard and did not get very technical. The 2nd interview, however, was designed to make new hires realize that the working hours will be difficult and that if you like being in touch with your family, this isn't the job for you. There are lots of hands-on team building exercises and minimal sleep over the 2.5 days.

Interview Questions
    • Collaborating with the other interviewees to come up with a presentation on one of the segments.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger.

After I got a on campus interview, I had a second interview at TX. I had a presentation about their production with a group. They ask about technical questions about their products. Furthermore, we visited on hydro fracturing site at 8:00 am and move to wire line site until 5:00pm.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about how you'd deal with the lifestyle of a field engineer - long hours, remote locations, etc   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger.

Schlumberger came to our campus career fair, selected candidates for an interview were then notified via campus recruiting website, interview was with one recruiter, asked questions about company (so do your research), I would categorize this interview as a "stress interview"

Interview Questions
    • If someone with a 3.9 GPA can not pass training, how will you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I went to the job fair in my university, and during the job fair, I talked with one of the people in the company. The guy went through my resume very quick, and during this process, he asked me questions.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger.

The process started with talking to recruiters at my university career fair, and I was invited to an on-campus interview one week after. The on-campus interview consisted of pretty standard behavioral questions. After passing the 1:1 interview, I was invited to an on-site, three-day interview that consisted of a group presentation, team problem solving challenges, facility and site tours, and a 1:1 exit interview. They try to see how well you respond to unfamiliar situations and challenges, as well as to see if you can function on as little sleep as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you failed at a project and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Started with an on-campus interview where most questions were basic character questions you'd encounter at any interview. They did through one problem solving question out at me though. This is for the field so make sure you seem eager about getting your hands dirty and that you recognize that working for this company is a completely different lifestyle.

The second interview is where they fly you out with a group of other field engineer prospects. They give you a ton of information about the different segments in the company. You give a group presentation over one of them. You get to go out to a rig and see the equipment. The exit interview at the end is only 10/15 min and they basically just want to know which segment you want to work for and why.

Interview Questions
    • Say you have a beaker of 8 ml that is full of water, and a 3 ml and 5 ml beaker that are empty. There are no measurement markings on any of the beakers. How would you measure out exactly 4 ml of water in the 8 ml beaker?   View Answers (2)

Field Engineer Interview

Went to my school career fair and talked to Schlumberger. After that, they scheduled me an on campus interview. The interview was short and did not consist of any behavioral questions like I expected. They just went over my resume and asked me if I had any questions.

Field Specialist Trainee Interview

Was contacted by the Willis Group because they found my resume on Monster.com, had an initial over the phone interview with them. Then I got a phone call from a Schlumberger recruiter to learn more about the job, and asked questions about troubleshooting that I have done in the past amd how I fixed them.

About 2 weeks later, they flew me out to Denver for a group interview and explanation of all the benefits and what the job will actually be. They paid for the flight and hotel, and reimburse for food and mileage to and from the airport.

The interview was with 2 Schlumberger employees and they asked questions relating to troubleshooting.

Interview Questions
    • You have 3 light switches in a room that turn on lights in 3 different room, once you leave the room you cannot come back into the room.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation

Software Development Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger.

The interview started with basic behavior questions, including the most challenging things in the project, the communication skills with team mates, etc. The recruiter also asked some questions about the skills used in each project and internships during the self-introduction part. At the end of interview, some basic concept questions about software development, nothing too hard.