Schlumberger

Relevance Date Difficulty

Post Doctoral Scientist Interview

Post Doctoral Scientist
Ridgefield, CT

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – Setting up the interview was straight forward, however I was left with the strong feeling that I needed to put money up for airfair (with the unsaid understanding that I would be reimbursed after the fact). The interview was a marathon starting at 9 AM with a presentation and Q&A. After that I spoke with 5 people 1:1 about 1/2 hour and also had tours of the research site, etc. After 5 PM, I had a little break and met with a group of people including the hiring manager for dinner. We wrapped up discussions around 10:30 PM. One of the most uncomfortable moments I had was during a discussion with the HR rep. This discussion occured in a conference room over the phone with my "handler" within earshot. The rep. asked some pretty "sensitive" questions about myself and my family.

Interview Question – HR asked me about my family, was I married, did I have any children, etc. It was so totally unexpected and not related to the job at all. I was caught off guard and felt that the line of questioning was inappropriate as well as the amount of pressure exerted to get an answer out of me.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2014.

Interview Details – Took about 2 weeks to here from. then got invited to do an interview in Houston at the headquorters building. it then took two more weeks after that to get hired. I was told my location about three weeks before i had to go. they payed for housing and travel both during the interviews as well as when i was actually working their.

Interview Question – What typs of lean manufacturing experience do you have.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer
Tuscaloosa, AL

Interview Details – I learned about Schlumberger at my campus career fair. Their recruiters were very laid back and approachable. A seminar like meeting was set up with all accepted interviewers where they gave an overview of the company and employment process On campus interviews were short, if accepted you were sent to a 3 day intense interview process a few weeks later.

Interview Question – Asked to describe a time I didn't agree with the majority of a group and how I handled the situation. It caught me off guard during the interview, but I liked that they didn't stick to the generic interview process.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Schlumberger in December 2012.

Interview Details – Process was agile and went on site for several rounds. I had a couple of phone screens, both in english and spanish. I went on site to meet the team, and it all went well. The recruiter told me I was practically hired, they just wanted to bring me back on site to meet some director, which I'm guessing was the reason to which I did not get an offer.

Overall I didnt like his approach to conducting the interview. He was borderline rude, unlike the recruiter with whom I spoke several times with and we hit it off right away (same with the rest of the team), but this guy was not fully convinced for some reason.

Interview Question – Got all sorts of unexpected questions such as how much are you currently making, would you take the job if I payed you 50% less, etc   Answer Question

Field Engineer Inter Interview

Field Engineer Inter
Bakersfield, CA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2014.

Interview Details – Got an email for an interview 2 days after applying online. Flew us to the US for a group interview, expenses paid. Got an offer after 5 or 6 weeks.

The phone interview was simple questions to know of you are a good fit for the job.

After passing the phone interview you will get sent an invitation for a second group interview where you will be sent for 3 days that will most likely be in the US, either Tulsa or Bakersfield or where they operate.

The first day is an icebreaker session where you will get introduced to the group the company the services. Also you will be asked to prepare a presentation with some of the group members to present on the first day. We had a group challenge that was to bring a ball from a point on the group and into a cup on the table using the supplies they offered. They will make sure to fly you early in the morning and finish the presentations and introduction later that day to make sure people can handle stress well. Flight was at 6 am in the morning and the first day finished at 2 am the next day. Make sure to sleep well before going.

Second day we were taken to a field trip. The trip started at 8 am in the morning and went back to the hotel at 4ish maybe where u will be asked to fill in paper work and get ready for an exit interview. Then we went out for dinner. The dinner was a blast and had lots of fun.

Make sure to ask lots of questions during the field trip and the interviews. Don't over ask questions that are irrelevant . Ask smart questions but try not to sound like you are smart.

Be involved in conversations, presentations but don't be that kid that is trying hard to be smart. Do your research.

Be active watch what you are saying and sound responsible.

Talk to the other candidates and show that you can get along with others.

They want people to go to remote places. You can get sent for weeks to do the job and work over 20 hours a day. Show that you can deal with stress and can balance your sleep with work.

3rd day you get sent back home. the flight was at 6 am too. Make sure not to drink a lot or party hard on the second day's dinner because after they dinner they will not be responsible if you miss your flight the next day which have happened before.

They have limited spots for the internship program. Apply early.

After accepting the offer they will send you all the information you need about the internship from how it's like to what should you bring with you. They will send you forms to fill too.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Got another offer with better pay.

REMS Engineer Interview

REMS Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – Basic behavioral questions were asked pertaining to previous project work, leadership experience. The interviewer shared his own experiences while at the company ans was very friendly overall. The questions were pretty straight forward and expected first round questions.

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer

Interviewed at Schlumberger

Interview Details – You must emphasize your willingness to sacrifice personal life. They recruit large numbers of new graduates because they are very aware that their retention rate is extremely low.

Interview Question – Company tries to trick you into admitting you are not as flexible and self-sacrificing as you appear to be.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Sourcing Specialist
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter. Interview was laid back and with realistic questions none of the STAR situational questions. Was asked about my experience and adapting to understanding new products.

Field Engineer Trainee Interview

Field Engineer Trainee
Asia, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2014.

Interview Details – first test with 5 sections math mechanics logics and 2 parts for fast answers
then interview, which include presentation and team work task.you schlou build a construction that will b etall and stable

Interview Question – can you live together with men/woman while working?   View Answer

Quality Technician Interview

Quality Technician
Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in June 2012.

Interview Details – Schlumberger flew me out to Tulsa, OK from Houston, TX for multiple interviews. Meet and greet dinner and team building exercises over two days culminated with two separate formal interviews. Each had 2 to 3 interviewers asking me questions about my electronic background and knowledge.
Drug testing: Before flying out to Tulsa I had to get drug tested with a hair sample and breathalyzer. I also had to pass a fitness test which consisted of hanging from a rope using only my bare hands for 30 seconds. They also made me climb several flights of stairs while carrying a 30 lb. weight.
Before the interview the drug tested me on the first day. They also drug/alcohol tested me on the last day using urine samples and a breathalyzer.

Interview Question – They asked me lots of circuit questions like voltage dividers, ohms law, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was laid off for two years before this interview and didn't bother haggling on their offer.

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!