Schlumberger Interview Questions

2.9

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in November 2013.

I applied to the position through university recruiting in October 2013. The initial screening was made in person at University of California, Berkeley. I got the result one week later to schedule my on site interview in Houston. It was a really nice visit. Company culture was encouraging. Promotion is based on merits and the company lets the employees to choose where they want to work after training period is done. On site interview consists of a presentation on your previous project and 4 behavioral and technical interviews.

Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleburne, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleburne, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in June 2013.

Pretty straightforward they do not waste your time. Typically if you get an interview and you are a decent human being you will probably get hired. Overall good company worked with them in the past and had mostly great memories. Work more than your home and make decent money. Like having two full time jobs.

Interview Questions
    • None, all questions are typical get to know you questions   Answer Question

Did not want to travel anymore need more home time.

Field Engineer Interview

I had experienced four steps until I got my offer. First, on the career fair, introduce yourself and hand on the resume. Second, you are asked to accomplish a paper test. Then you will have the group interview. At last, a group task

Electronics Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Schlumberger.

The process was easy and streamline. It took place over a 3 day interview process in Tulsa, OK. The first day was a check in. The second day was introductions and an overview of the company followed by a team building exercise. The third day was the interview process.

no negotiation allowed.

CNC Machinist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in February 2013.

they did not ask much, they just ask me what kind of experience I had, what kind of machinery I had ran, why did I wanted to work for this company, why did I wanted to leave my previus company tec..

Field Engineer Interview

The interview was a weekend long process. A group of about 20 interviewees were flown out for the weekend. We were split up into five groups ahead of time and told to create a presentation based on the topic they assigned us. When we first arrived we spent the entire afternoon and evening giving presentations, being asked questions, and then being given the same presentation from the Schlumberger perspective. We were kept up until about 2:30 am and then we were told we needed to be ready to catch the bus to visit a job site at 7:30 am. After the job site tour we were given a presentation on the job benefits package and then we all had individual exit interviews. The entire weekend was extremely informative.

Interview Questions
    • We were split up and asked to assemble a catapult from pencils, rubberbands, and a plastic spoon.   Answer Question

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Schlumberger in August 2014.

I applied thru a third party recruitment company. Had 2 phone interviews with them, 1st was telling me about the company and the 2nd was your basic interview with math and logic questions. Got invited to Tulsa, OK for the final interview. First day I had 2 hours to rest before the presentation started. Presentation was over the company and what it does. You have to introduce yourself to everybody first and tell them a little about you. After dinner they split us up into 3 groups and gave each group a stack of papers and we could only ask 1 question on what they wanted us to do with it. Eventually it was to build a paper tower and make it last the longest. The next day we woke up early and headed to the training facility in Kellyville. It was a great experience seeing the machines we talked about in person. After the tour we headed back to the hotel and we're assigned a 1:1 interview time. My interview was the first one so I could leave on time to catch my flight home. It seemed to me that. The interviewer already made up his mind on who he was hiring. He didnt ask much, mainly just clarified with me if I minded working in isolated places and working extreme hours. After the interview I boared my flight and went home. The interview was Monday and Tuesday and that Friday I received an email with the offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, everything ( salary, benefits, location, etc...) Was set from the beginning. You some what have a say in location but not really.

Coil Tubing Laborer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2010.

the hiring process begins as a military type training class focused on safety and first aid and hazards to be aware of while in the field. then it moves on to basic on hands training to see it your cut out to be on the team or if your just there for a free ride. There is a lot of hurry up and wait that goes on in the begining but it gradually get's more regimented as time goes on and you become more familiarized with operations. They are very safety orientated for good cause it can be a dangerous job if people don't pay attention.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part is the slumber pace from time time during some jobs and at times long hours.   View Answer
    no real negotiating to speak of.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online - interviewed at Schlumberger in August 2014.

The whole interview was over the course of 2 days. I arrived at 5pm and we started out be giving introductions. Then we went right into teams giving their presentations on their assigned segment. This went on until about 2am on the first night. Next day we woke up at 7am and went to a well site and to a facility. After that, we had exit interviews, then went out for dinner.

Field Specialist Trainee Interview

it was a 2 day interview. We were flown into the city where they held the interviews. Recruiters were nice and very relaxed. They definitely tried to keep that type of mood throughout the weekend.

Interview Questions
    • if you were a brick on a wall which brick would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!