Schlumberger Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.9

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macaé (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macaé (Brazil)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger in November 2009.

I solidified an on-campus interview at my college's Career Fair. Just went up to the booth, started talking and asked how I get an interview. That interview went well, I knew plenty about the company ahead of time (online reasearch). Then, I got flown out to Texas for 2 days for the interview process. It was grueling, presentations until 2am and bus from the Hotel at 7am, then back for interviews until 2am again. It was tough, but obviously weeds people out, as half of the people in my group realized they couldn't do it. I loved it and accepted the job later when it was offered.

Interview Questions
    • What are you most proud about yourself for?   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate. I asked around and heard that it wasn't worth the trouble, not to mention it was by far the highest offer I received, so how do I negotiate with that?

Field Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in May 2009.

It's the group dynamics interview so much pressure.

I don't know but I think being too leader is not quit good.

Field Engineer Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger in December 2010.

The interview was a two days process. They invited you for a dinner the first night and did 9 hours of group activities and presentations until 4 am in the morning and expected you to go to site visit at 7am again. The interview process was long and super tiring. Candidates also had to share hotel rooms.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? What set you apart from the other candidates?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger in March 2011.

The first thing I did was a maths/pkysics test in 45 minutes and 20 questions some easy, some hard. The next step was a 1:1 Iinterview with the recruiter and the last step were a 2day procees with visits to the base and group activities and tests. 3 days later I was called to an extra interview and then was accepeted as an IOM in India.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in June 2012.

Basicly the interviewer ask about family background and stuff. After that, your achievement at campus life. Why do you want to work at SLB? and what do you wanna be in the next 5 years

Wireline Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger in August 2008.

Communication skills, group activity and one on one interview. If you are short listed then you might be interviewed by segment operations manager.

They are looking for freshgrads mostly who would dedicate their first 3-8 years fulltime for the company. Positive attitude is a key factor. The recruiter would ask you to list 3-5 segments in which you are interested and they he would select the one he thinks which match your personality. Females secure the best segments mostly since the company is keen about increasing their ratio in the field and they would try hard to keep them. People with families must forget about their personal/family time as it does not exist in the first 8 years (more maybe).

Interview Questions
    • Why do you choose SLB?
      Why should we hire you?
      Where do you think you will be in 5 years?
      Can you commit your time to duty?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation, they have fixed salaries (grade system) and you cant negotiate your assignment location

Field Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buenos Aires (Argentina)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger in July 2010.

They show up at my university. I took a test, a 1:1 interview and then went to their location for a 2 days interview. It was a group interview where they test our math, english, ability to sleep depravation, physical capacity, etc. Very intresting and hard. About 30% got offer to start the job. Some are going to be relocated

Interview Questions
    • Would you move to a small town with weather of about -40° ?   View Answer

Geologist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger.

Met Schlumberger at university's career fair and gave them my resume. About 3 or 4 weeks later they contacted me and set up an interview for the following week. Interview consisted of some standard questions mixed in with many of the questions brought up here on glass door which are quite difficult. Questions such as "What is your best McGyver moment," and a brain teaser.

Interview Questions
    • If given a boring and tedious task by your supervisor, what keeps you motivated to keep working hard?   Answer Question

SBC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in August 2012.

The hiring manager was very impressive. Definitely a professional process. They approached the interview as a way to help me develop my career and then assess whether the role was right for my career aspirations.

Interview Questions
    • The case interviews were very hard. Even after preparation....   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger in November 2012.

Interviewed on campus first, selected for second interview in San Antonio. They gave us a schedule about a week beforehand, unlike Halliburton and Baker Hughes who keep you in the dark. We were assigned group presentations about a specific PSL (wireline, coiled tubing, etc.), and presented the first night. The first night was basically an overview of the company, along with a team building activity, and the previously mentioned presentations. We started at 6pm, and didnt end until 345 in the morning. We had to be dressed and ready by 630 to visit one of their field locations the next day. This field visit was very cool and getting to see an actual rig site is helpful. The day ended with a 15 minute exit interview and dinner. The exit interview is the last opportunity for you to make an impression and preference your location and product service line. I was offered a position at this stage, but that is not necessarily a common occurrence (I had several pending offers), and it can take a while for them to get back with you.

Interview Questions
    • How would you distinguish two different cups of water if you had to pour both of them into a large bowl   View Answer

I had better offers, not willing to commit to the required lifestyle, did not receive my location preference