Schlumberger Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015
1,182 Interview Reviews

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (New Delhi (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

started with a ppt. an elaborated ppt. then the shortlist came on the basis of CV. Then GDPI happened. finally 2 students were selected on the basis of gdpi. Then another hr round happened and finally they took 1

Field Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

On-Campus 1st round - straight forward. Want to make sure you'd be able to handle the lifestyle. 2nd round - On-Site - they are looking for hardworking, easy-going people who aren't afraid to get their hands dirty

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about the last time you spent a significant amount of time outdoors."   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Ithaca, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied to SLB's field engineering intern position in September 2014 when they arrived on campus for our career fair. The interview itself was pretty standard, only asked behavioral questions and didn't ask any technical ones.

New Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process involved filling out an online application, followed by an in person interview or a phone interview. Standard interview questions were asked. Following the first round of interviewing, second interview with more career related questions were asked.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Boston, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

Submit resume beforehand, 1-1 in person interview with discussion about current courses and research, different programs and resources and segments of the company. The interview session itself lasted approximately 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to aggressive bosses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate via phone with HR on salary and on start date.

Drilling Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

The first interview was held with about 20 people brought into the same room. There were 5 engineers that explained what SLB did and answered questions that the interviewees had. From there they chose 4 of us to have a second interview. They called me back over 2 months after the second interview to offer me a job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in another job where there was a problem and explain how you handled the situation. How are your math skills? They had me perform some basic Trigonometry problems.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (University Park, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a very basic interview with completely behavioral questions. The interviewer was very calm and collective and made the entire process very easy and comfortable. There were many students at my university with interviews so at times I felt as if the interviewer was rushing to get through us and move on to the next person, so sometimes it felt as if he was interrupting to go on to the next question when I would be trying to elaborate further.

MWD Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schlumberger (San Antonio, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Asked mostly common behavioral questions. Ex) Tell me a little about yourself, what are your strengths and weaknesses, tell me a time you had to fight through adversity. Overall the interview process was 30-40 min long and they ask you questions from a series of written questions. They barely made eye contact as they were too busy writing down your answer into their computer

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broussard, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Broussard, LA) in January 2014.

Interview

Long and very dragged out process. The interview was pretty quick, but all the checks and back ground and drug screens, medical screens, fit for duty test took all together about 30 days total. Then two weeks of training classes before you even begin to get to work. Long process but worth it at the end.

Interview Questions

• Do you have the necessary skills and experience it takes to do the job correctly.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2014.

Interview

Sent in my resume through the university website, was contacted a few weeks later to schedule a possible phone interview. The conference call solution they were using was faulty so they asked me to come in for an on-site interview instead. Met with the product manager and project manager for the task I would be starting on and they asked me questions about my previous experiences.