Schlumberger

1,070 Interview Reviews

2.9

Human Resources Keystone Nomad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in February 2015.

I apply online through the career center in my university. I received an email for an interview on campus and it was a nice experience. Recruiter was really nice and it went on like a conversation. It was the typical walk me through your resume, why schlumberger. And typical behavioral questions. Nothing hard. Just to get to know you. Just be yourself. I received an email for second round. Going for that one in the next few days.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in February 2015.

Pretty standard one on one interview with typical team-focused questions and conflict resolution. They were interviewing lots of people, but due to oil prices being low they were constantly telling the candidates that they were hiring very few, if any people as the positions simply weren't available.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger in February 2015.

got an email for interview in a week after dropping resume in college career fair. on-campus interview and you can sign up a time slot that you are available; you can also make an appointment if none of the time slot work for you. The recruiter is very nice

Interview Questions
    • No technical question. just go through my projects in resume one by one. Asking if you are able to finish a project and your programming habit. Also, ask about working in a team, such as how to solve conflict in a team.   Answer Question

REMS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in November 2014.

I Applied through career fair. Then I got an email to set up an on-campus interview. The on-campus interview questions are resume based. Also something about team work. Then two weeks later, got the on site interview in Houston. There are about 30 candidates in the onsite interview event. The first day is to visit different locations in the Houston. The second day is first to present a project you have done. Then, four sessions of 20 min interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with conflict when you work in a team?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger.

Shortlisting on cv basis. Gd then group task. then personel interview.Shortlisting on cv basis. Gd then group task. then personel interview.Shortlisting on cv basis. Gd then group task. then personel interview.Shortlisting on cv basis. Gd then group task. then personel interview. Shortlisting on cv basis. Gd then group task. then personel interview.

REMS Summer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Schlumberger.

Two Interviews
    First interview was with HR, consisted of two tests; one on mechanical reasoning and a second on maths (beware imperial units!!) this was followed by a CV based competency interview and a tour of the site along with an overview of the company.

Second interview was with the team I would be directly working with, this was a technical interview, I had to give a presentation on a technical project I had worked on, followed by a number of questions regarding design for manufacture and understanding of technical drawings. This was concluded by a competency interview and a tour of the site specific to the role I would be working in.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger in March 2013.

Company usually tries to coincide fresh-out interview period with graduation time frame of local universities [Feb - Apr, for graduating batch in May]. Group interview (usually 2 sessions) is common practice for if hiring large number of people for the year, assessed by a panel of managers. Otherwise, 1-off hiring (usually for unplanned need for replacement) will be multiple 1-on-1 interviews with direct supervisors and department managers.

Interview Questions
    • Group activities requiring teamwork, candidates assessed on based on how roles in which they play within a team (thinkers, do-ers, collaborators), although it is ultimately based on suitability of candidate to available roles that determines if they go through to the next round.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger.

So far, I've only had a first round interview. I would describe the interviewer as a seasoned veteran of the company who has experience in possibly every aspect of the field. In the two days I had contact with him (info session and interview) he had a lot of knowledge and experience to impart. To be honest, it was a privilege.

The interview itself was extremely relaxed. He had specific questions to ask about my fortitude and to ensure I would fit in, and that was about it. It seemed like the fastest half hour of my life. I hope it was easy because my resume spoke for itself and he already decided he liked me, but that's just speculation, and possibly wishful thinking. He replied to me and thanked me before I could even thank him. Very very impressed. I want to work for this company.

I will update as the process hopefully continues. I have not received an offer yet, interview was only yesterday. I still need to be invited to and pass a second round.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time, in a work setting, that you asked someone to do something and they said no.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in October 2013.

The first round interview took place through an onsite school interview. Second round about a month later was onsite in Bakersfield California for me. Second round was more intense with multiple visits and tasks. There was a presentation necessary for the second round which was done the first night there. For this presentation you and to work with kids from different schools.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much of a negotiation phase

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Schlumberger in November 2014.

Submitted my application online and was contacted a week later by a recruiter. It was short interview nearly 15-20 minutes. Interview questions were both languages Russian and English. The 1st question sounded as "Why Schlunberger?". Other questions were about your personal qualities, experience, expectations etc. Also there were several math tasks and logical porblems.