Schlumberger

Getting the Interview

854 candidate interviews

Structural Engineer Intern Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2014.

Interview Details – They posted an opening online which is very match to background so I sent my CV. A week later, two engineers had a phone interview with me asking many technical problems. Then after a week the manager interviewed me again. One month later, a recruiter had a third phone interview with me. A week after that, I got an offer.

Interview Question – What leadership experience did you have and how did you do?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Intern Interview

Bakersfield, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an interview offer. Went to a basic information session the day before the interview.

Interview was completely behavioral based with a simple problem solving riddles where you explain your thought process. Interviewer didn't ask me if I had any questions and frankly seemed cold but I still got a second interview invitation in Bakersfield, CA.

Before you go to the interview you are assigned a random team of other attendees where you will have to work together to put on a presentation about a branch of Schlumberger. You will spend the first evening doing these presentations from 8PM to 3AM at the latest. Stay focused and ask a few questions. The second day you are up and touring some of the surrounding fields and facilities. You are given a lot of chances to ask questions and get close up to the technology they use.

Interview Question – You have 8 blocks and 7 are 1lb and 1 is 2lb. How do you figure out which one is 2lb if you can only use a scale twice?   View Answer

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview involved a lot of questions about my resume. Specifically they keyed in on things that fit with their company. Furthermore, they gave some time to ask them questions about their company but overall it was more of them feeling out for the type of person I was.

Interview Question – Explain why you wanted to go into engineering over medicine?   Answer Question

Field Specialist Interview

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process was pretty complex.
First got a phone interview. Made it to the next interview where they flew me out to Alberta. This was a 2 day process. First day my self and the 20 other candidates arrived at the hotel, participated in a 6 hour presentation/meet and greet/icebreakers/team building exercise. after that we were told to go to our room and fill out where we would like to apply to work and what specific section based on what jobs and locations were available.

The next day we woke up at 6 am for breakfast and then went on a tour of the artificial lift facility. After the tour we had out interviews and then we were sent home. We were told that we would hear in up to 2 weeks if we got the job or not. I was offered a position and accepted it. It seems like a tough lifestyle for the first couple years but they the future is yours. The other people I knew that applied for the job did not get hired. They are looking for people who are willing to learn, know how to work hard and have experience working in harsh environments. Also they are looking for team players. Starting offer is 50,000 plus 900 a month training bonus. that is all i know about money, so if anyone has any ideas on how much you make a year please inform me. I have heard guys in my field making around 90 000 their first year and another guy made 140 000 in his 2nd year while he is a supervisor.

Throughout the whole interview you are somewhat being sleep deprived…
plane flew out of home city @ 8 am.. so I was up at 4 on thursday..
Up till 12 or later thursday night ( my roommate was an idiot and doing his assignment that night, so he had the light on, tv on ect, made it hard to sleep)
Up the next morning at 6.. and the your interview is when you are tired..

Good luck!

Interview Question – Why is a manhole round
you have a 5 gallon bucket full of water and a 3 gallon bucket full of water, how do you measure out 4 gallons. You can empty and fill buckets as much as you would lie.
Marble question…
light switch question…
surgeon question…
These questions are asked to everyone… i think it is probably time that they change them up because I knew the answers of the questions before getting the question asked...
  View Answer

Field Specialist Interview

Lloydminster, SK (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2014.

Interview Details – My first interview was a phone interview where the recruiting guy called me and just asked a few questions. Was really easy to talk to him. Then got an invitation for the 2 day interview.

Interview Question – Questions were fairly straight forward. Past work experience, longest week work I've had, etc. Only weird question was why do they make manhole covers round.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2012.

Interview Details – Brief on campus screening with basic technical interview followed by group interview on site. We were kept up very late and awoken very early in the morning for the oilfield tour. The onsite interview had a brief one on one interview at the end.

Interview Question – If your boyfriend was in town for your anniversary and you wouldn't see him again for months, but you had a shift on that day what would you do?   Answer Question

Intern In REMS Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2014.

Interview Details – I had two rounds of interviews from SDR. One is from a scientist and the other is from HR. The scientific interview is not very difficult. I just talked about my experience doing related research and taking applied math and computational classes. I was lucky since my expertise just fit into the position opened for interns. One week later, I got an phone interview from HR. Interviewer asked typical "HR questions", as you know. Not very fun but I passed it. It seems that the technical interview from Schlumberger is much more important.

Interview Question – Why you choose Geophysics as your career from the very beginning since college (from HR interview)?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Sagamihara (Japan)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Schlumberger in June 2010.

Interview Details – There were 1 time of phone interview and 1 time face to face interview. During a phone interview, I was asked how I worked in Toyota. Face to face interview was held after phone interview. During the interview, just explained how supplier quality engineer works in the company since this company had high failure rate at receiving parts.

Interview Question – How much salary do you want and what position you want?   View Answer

Two Assessment Days - Field Engineer Interview

Milan (Italy)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was invited to the assessment days with an email after 6 weeks from the online application. The whole experience was a little bit stressful (9am-5pm for two days) but you gain experience on group exercises, 1:1 interview, personal presentation and aptitude tests. The best thing is to know as much as you can about the company and prepare your personal presentation very well and get familiar with aptitude tests and common interview questions.

Interview Question – Have you enjoyed your previous job?
Common Interview questions
  Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume on a career fair in my school in Singapore, got invited for the first round of on campus interview, which was more on the personality aspect. I got to share some stories about the exchange programme I went for and a few projects I have been involved in the past. A week after I was invited to the assessment center which consists of some group activity, impromptu speech and technical interviews with a panel of managers.

Interview Question – The hard part was the technical related questions from the panel who are themselves engineers. They will pick a project from your resume and ask you to elaborate in extensive details like pseudo-codes, functional diagram, electronic circuit etc. So, be prepared!   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Schlumberger

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schlumberger interview questions and advice. All 854 interview reviews posted anonymously by Schlumberger employees and interview candidates.