Schlumberger Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger.

it was an on campus interview. The company have very good recruiters. The are interesting people, nice people.
    Regarding hiring process, just give the recruiters your resume and you are good to go. Chatted with the recruiters at the events.

Post Doctoral Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ridgefield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield, CT

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Setting up the interview was straight forward, however I was left with the strong feeling that I needed to put money up for airfair (with the unsaid understanding that I would be reimbursed after the fact). The interview was a marathon starting at 9 AM with a presentation and Q&A. After that I spoke with 5 people 1:1 about 1/2 hour and also had tours of the research site, etc. After 5 PM, I had a little break and met with a group of people including the hiring manager for dinner. We wrapped up discussions around 10:30 PM. One of the most uncomfortable moments I had was during a discussion with the HR rep. This discussion occured in a conference room over the phone with my "handler" within earshot. The rep. asked some pretty "sensitive" questions about myself and my family.

Interview Questions
    • HR asked me about my family, was I married, did I have any children, etc. It was so totally unexpected and not related to the job at all. I was caught off guard and felt that the line of questioning was inappropriate as well as the amount of pressure exerted to get an answer out of me.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2010.

Everything is a test, be ready to stay awake for 24 out of 30 hours. take naps when you can, but never around the interviewers or anyone who currently works for them, be very interested and involved otherwise they don't see you as a good "fit"

on the same note, if it does not seem like a good fit - DON'T TAKE THE JOB, there are many other jobs with more forgiving hours and better work/life balances

Ppc Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Applied for an internship position via my university. Got accepted for an interview and took it. Had a one one on interview mostly behavioral questions regarding my teamwork ability and overcoming challenges, etc. Then I was told I'd hear back in about a month if I got an offer or didn't.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a long square stock of aluminum how would you go about making in cylindrical?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2013.

Had an initial interview on campus. The interview was about twenty minutes long. The second interview was in Oklahoma City. It consisted of making a pre-prepared presentation with a group of students, as well as group exercises. Also, there were two field visits that consisted of speaking with current employees of the company.

Interview Questions
    • They asked some fairly technical questions about the topic that your presentation was about.   Answer Question

Management Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Schlumberger in January 2014.

Knowledge of work. presentation..behavior pattern ...has two sets of interview ..1st with the HR to check how good you fit in the company...2nd would be knowledge assessment..no need to jump through the hoops ..relax ...no need to tensed

Interview Questions
    • It was a pretty simple and straight forward question and answers   Answer Question
    No negotiation...I didn't wanna push it too much

Equipment Operator - Cementing Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger.

It was a group interview of about 12 people. Before the interviewing began, the HR department gave us a presentation of the company. Afterwards, the called us individually to be interviewed in front of two people.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2014.

Took about 2 weeks to here from. then got invited to do an interview in Houston at the headquorters building. it then took two more weeks after that to get hired. I was told my location about three weeks before i had to go. they payed for housing and travel both during the interviews as well as when i was actually working their.

Interview Questions
    • What typs of lean manufacturing experience do you have.   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tuscaloosa, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

I learned about Schlumberger at my campus career fair. Their recruiters were very laid back and approachable. A seminar like meeting was set up with all accepted interviewers where they gave an overview of the company and employment process On campus interviews were short, if accepted you were sent to a 3 day intense interview process a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to describe a time I didn't agree with the majority of a group and how I handled the situation. It caught me off guard during the interview, but I liked that they didn't stick to the generic interview process.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Schlumberger in December 2012.

Process was agile and went on site for several rounds. I had a couple of phone screens, both in english and spanish. I went on site to meet the team, and it all went well. The recruiter told me I was practically hired, they just wanted to bring me back on site to meet some director, which I'm guessing was the reason to which I did not get an offer.

Overall I didnt like his approach to conducting the interview. He was borderline rude, unlike the recruiter with whom I spoke several times with and we hit it off right away (same with the rest of the team), but this guy was not fully convinced for some reason.

Interview Questions
    • Got all sorts of unexpected questions such as how much are you currently making, would you take the job if I payed you 50% less, etc   Answer Question