Schlumberger

Very Easy Interview

Mud Logger Interview

Mud Logger
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied with a recruiter online and two months later they called me. The phone interview was 10 minutes long and about rig life. I drove 300 miles to Houston for a group interview and tour. They said that they would pay my mileage but never did.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult challenge that I completed.   View Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in January 2014.

Interview Details – Pretty easy standard interview questions on campus. Definitely get an on-campus interview if you want to proceed. Talk about your resume, be interested, etc. Flew out to OKC for the onsite interview. Keep you up really late for the weekend interview. Wake up really early. Make presentations in teams about drilling. Be a team player, that's what they like to see. Go to site and ask questions. Be engaged. If you are in good standing, and do all of that, they will pick you. Try to apply to positions that actually interest you. Easier to talk about.

Interview Question – No difficult questions really. Most unexpected: If you could be any TV character, who would you be and why?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not the lifestyle for me after seeing the site.

VOIP Engineer Interview

VOIP Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2014.

Interview Details – Schlumberger interview 5/22/2014—three weeks waiting time
with 4 person via conference number ID. Took approximately 55mins for the interview. Very detail voice interview.
I manage to answer all questions using the knowledge that I had for many years supporting voice. Very knowledgeable managers and engineer. Sound like a very good team to work for if hired. Crossing my fingers because I like to retire with Schlumberger. The interview did not cover the role or what they hiring for.
They said they putting the job on hold and could not find an exact person for the position. Please explain to the recruiters what you want please. Disappointed .

Interview Question – What is your daily job like ?   View Answer

Field Specialist Interview

Field Specialist
Tulsa, OK

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a consulting agency that basically prescreens for Schlumberger. I had two phone interviews with them and then got an invitation to what Schlumberger calls "the 2nd Interview". Once you get an invitation they will give you all of the details like flight itinerary and information about the dress code and things of that nature. The first day is just a travel day but you will meet a lot of the other candidates this day. There was about 25 people interviewing when I went. Do not be alarmed by the amount of people going for the same job because there are a lot of job openings. I am not sure how accurate this is but it seemed to me like if you made it to this interview you have a really good chance of getting the job. The first day you fly in and the hotel shuttle will pick you up from the airport. You will quickly find out who is there for Schlumberger because they are standing around waiting as well. you will check in at the hotel and then have the rest of the night to eat dinner and prepare for the following day. The 2nd day is very long so get plenty of rest. You start the day by meeting in a conference room. Every person in the room will have to get up and give an introduction about themselves. Normal stuff like what are your hobbies, whats is your educational or military background, and the last but most important is what is your best Macgyver moment. They seem to be looking for creative answers. My advice is if you cant think of anything make something up. They want to hear that you are creative not prove you wrong. One guy at our interview didn't answer the question and it seemed to bother the recruiters and managers. After the introductions you will then sit through a lot of PowerPoint presentations about the company and learn about the different segments. Then you will take a break by getting fitted for coveralls and steel toes and you will be bused over to the Schlumberger training facility. I think the most important part about this is to take an active interest in it by asking questions and talking to the managers. The managers have been exactly where you are so its pretty much free game to ask what ever you want. The managers were pretty laid back and know what your going through so talking to them really is not difficult. After you tour the facility you will go back for more powerpoint presentations. Before dinner you will do a team building exercise. The most important part about the team exercise is to be engaged with your team. The managers are looking for team players and leaders. After that you will have dinner with the managers and recruiters and then get instructions about the next day. They will serve alcohol at dinner. My advice is that if you do drink dont get drunk. You want to be responsible. The next day you will meet up get your interview time and wait until your interview. I did not find the interview very difficult. Normal interview questions. I found that the intial phone interviews are a lot harder than the final interview. The final interview I felt was there to find out exactly what you want to do and where you want to work and whether you think you can handle the lifestyle. They are very honest about the different type of lifestyle it is. We had people drop out and not even do the final interview because they did not feel it was what they were looking for. The whole process I felt was there to make you feel more comfortable and relax about the interview. It was a good experience. After your final interview you will go back to the airport and back home. I think staying engaged and asking questions and talking with the managers will give you a good shot at getting the job. The company seems to want to put you where you want to go so dont put any locations down you dont want because there is a good chance you might get it. My last bit of advice is to be honest with yourself and be honest with them about what you want. The job is not easy but the company will work with you and thats a good feeling.

Interview Question – How many tennis balls can you fit in the back of your truck and how did you come to that answer?   Answer Question

Treasury Accountant Interview

Treasury Accountant
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter then I had one interview with the division mamager over the phone after that I had an onsite interview. Then they will call you to let you know their decision. The whole process will take you about two weeks or so.

Interview Question – Describe the journal entries for different types of situations.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Accepted

Petro Technical Full Time (M S In Petroleum) Interview

Petro Technical Full Time (M S In Petroleum)
Lubbock, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume in Fall 2013 college fair during September and applied through my university career services. Initially I was rejected through my university career services. But after one month, the recruiter sent me an email stating that I was selected for first interview which was scheduled at my university. I was again told to apply for this position online.

Interview Question – Asked a few questions, after looking at my resume. Then behavioral questions which are as follows.
Your strengths
Your weakness
why schlumberger
Want to work as a Team player or Independent
Give me example when you faced a problem while working and how did you solve the problem
  Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer

Interviewed at Schlumberger

Interview Details – Applied April 12th . Received an email a week later stating the job description and company credo. Set up a phone interview for Monday the 21st. They called but they called the wrong number I had on file so we rescheduled for the next day. Had my phone interview basically going over my work history and he asked 3 questions. Was told I passed and would move on to the assessment.

Interview Question – No questions were really difficult   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Schlumberger

Interview Details – The interviews were pretty relaxed I met with 4 people from the department I would be working for and they just had conversations with me. No set standard HR questions. They asked me about some lab equipment and we talked about safety concerns in the lab.

Interview Question – What was the last thing you built?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was done by me but that doesn't mean you can't.

Mehcanical Engineer Interview

Mehcanical Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2014.

Interview Details – 1st round, on campus interview. resume and some general mechanical questions.
2nd round, on site interview in Houston. At the beginning, everyone need to give a presentation about your project in 7mins. Then the engineers in schlumberger will ask you questions about your project.
Then one on one interview with four engineers. Almost no resume questions, 1 or 2 questions about your presentation, then all the technical questions. It's all about the projects they are working on. It's really hard. But just answer as many as you can with you mechanical sense. The interviewers are nice, even though you cannot answer their questions. Don't be nervous.

Interview Question – Give you what they designed and ask you what is the function. How it works. Why it is designed liked this.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I think the salary is fair.

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – First had an on-campus interview. Heard back from them a week later to schedule an on-site interview in Houston. It consisted of giving a presentation to a panel, followed by round of interviews.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work with Schlumberger?   Answer Question