Schlumberger

Getting the Interview

859 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Engineer Interview

I interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2012.

Interview Details – DId an on campus interview. Very relaxed environment. Asked me around 3 random behavioral based questions. Got an 2nd interview request at a nearby location. This was a 2 day interview and for the 1st day, we got to the hotel by 6, had dinner and then they made us stay up until 3 AM. They first went over what SLB was like, the life of a field engineer, then we presented our pre-made presentations and then there was a team building exercise. For the 2nd day, we got up at about 8 AM and went on a tour of the rig site and finally, we left after finishing our exit interview.

Interview Question – If you were a cookie, which cookie would you be?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – On campus interview, no tough questions.

Interview Question – Mainly behavioral questions and also focus on resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in February 2013.

Interview Details – Got an interview call through university career fair. Interview lasted one day, mostly about past experience and projects.

Interview Question – Difference between stack and heap and reverse a string in place.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – Applied online via university career system. Was invited to interview on campus.

Interview Question – If you were to stack a hundred million dollar bills, how tall would the stack be?   Answer Question

(REMS) Entry-level Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Schlumberger in January 2014.

Interview Details – Was contacted to come meet the hiring managers at career fair. On-campus interview was scheduled the week after

Interview Question – What has been your most difficult decision in your life?   Answer Question

REM Intern Interview

Interviewed at Schlumberger

Interview Details – Applied in College's Career Fair

Interview Question – State the most difficult problem you have faced in your life and how you overcome it.   Answer Question

Lubbock, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Schlumberger in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview -> training camp -> internship -> job

Interview Question – When was the last time you were angry and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Midway North, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – Flew us out to Midway, Texas for the second round interviews. The interviews took 3 days, and were really more of an orientation than anything else. Mostly, they were trying to give us a feel for what the job entails, and how physically demanding it can be. There was a brief presentation, a small group project, and a short 15-min exit interview by the end.

Interview Question – Build a catapult using random items.   View Answer

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in November 2013.

Interview Details – Very professional, interviewed once on campus, once over several days in Oklahoma, and one telephone interview for a specific position. The culture at Schlumberger is very open and familiar, especially for field engineers it feels like a family almost. Very friendly and open to questions.

Interview Question – Which field engineer positions and locations are you most interested in?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – My location preferences didn't align with the job, everything else was what I wanted and they tried very hard to accomodate me. I would recommend being as honest as possible in the interview.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Sugar Land, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2010.

Interview Details – A "Métier manager" at SLB was looking for a specific profile at the PhD level, found my resume online at my university website, and then contacted me directly.

First-round on-campus interview: 30 mins.
Second-round at-SLB interview: 1.5 days including 45-min research presentation, 1-on-1 with future manager and colleagues.

Decision made within days following second-round interview.

Interview Question – Interview was very technical, they invited discussion of my PhD work, but there were no "technical quiz" questions -- I hate those even though I do well in them, so the experience was positive.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Schlumberger