Schlumberger Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.9

Mehcanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2014.

1st round, on campus interview. resume and some general mechanical questions.
    2nd round, on site interview in Houston. At the beginning, everyone need to give a presentation about your project in 7mins. Then the engineers in schlumberger will ask you questions about your project.
    Then one on one interview with four engineers. Almost no resume questions, 1 or 2 questions about your presentation, then all the technical questions. It's all about the projects they are working on. It's really hard. But just answer as many as you can with you mechanical sense. The interviewers are nice, even though you cannot answer their questions. Don't be nervous.

Interview Questions
    • Give you what they designed and ask you what is the function. How it works. Why it is designed liked this.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I think the salary is fair.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger.

First had an on-campus interview. Heard back from them a week later to schedule an on-site interview in Houston. It consisted of giving a presentation to a panel, followed by round of interviews.

REMS Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2014.

An email was sent to ask if I want a phone interview. After two days, the phone interview lasted for 23 min, and asked basic behavior questions from recruiter. No specific research questions were asked. Then the recruiter double checked with me that I would be available from June to August. At the end, the recruiter talked about the benefits of internship, and the entire time.

Interview Questions
    • Did you have a situation that your background could not help you to solve the problem? What did you do   Answer Question

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in July 2011.

They flew me to Tulsa, OK were I experienced a two day interview. They give you an overview of the company, feed you really good food and give you free beer. There was multiple group task challenges set up. They chose the groups. You get a tour of thier intial training facility that everyone has to attend for two weeks. The actual interview quesitons were surprising. You were sat down at a round table of about 6-8 people for dinner and just askied casual questions. It was not a typical interview session by any means. Then the recruiters asking the questions would move to another table after roughly 30 minutes.

Field Specialist Trainee Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Initial phone interview with situational questions, company statistics/history, and problem solving/critical thinking questions. After the 50min phone interview I received an email a few days later for an interview in Houston. Interview process took three days and consisted of interactive powerpoints, trip to training/learning center in Sugar Land, team building activities, and dinner. On the third day we had our final face to face interviews with a recruiter and manager which took around 50 min or so. Interview consisted of questions about past experience, more situational questions, and problem solving questions.

Interview process is laid back and relaxed... make sure to answer questions and make yourself known without seeming like you are overpowering the group.

Interview Questions
    • Name five things you can do with a styrofoam cup not including eating or drinking.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Cover Letter, phone interview, office visit. All in all took about a couple of months.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Little Midland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Midland, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2014.

Very organized recruiting process. Good information during the Pre-interview information session. All out information session and team building activities in the second interview. They put everything out there so you can easily decide if that work and lifestyle is for you.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Breeze! Applied through campus recruitment. This is the best and easiest route. Initial interview on campus and about 3 weeks later, I was invited to Bakersfield, Ca. I would advise to be yourself but not annoying. Pay attention, seem knowledgeable but be a sponge.

Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2012.

Multi round interview process that started with a phone interview, from there it went to a round table interview with 3 managers.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions...   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Midland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2014.

1:1 Interview at University during Career Fair Week. Found out within 2 weeks for 2nd round interview. Schlumberger flew candidates out. First day was presentation and company information, second day were site visits and an exit interview, and the third day was used to travel home. Turnaround is fantastically fast. Very well planned process and recruiters were great and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Ask questions throughout the entire time you are there. You are there to learn!   Answer Question