Schlumberger

2.9

Post Doctoral Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield, CT

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Setting up the interview was straight forward, however I was left with the strong feeling that I needed to put money up for airfair (with the unsaid understanding that I would be reimbursed after the fact). The interview was a marathon starting at 9 AM with a presentation and Q&A. After that I spoke with 5 people 1:1 about 1/2 hour and also had tours of the research site, etc. After 5 PM, I had a little break and met with a group of people including the hiring manager for dinner. We wrapped up discussions around 10:30 PM. One of the most uncomfortable moments I had was during a discussion with the HR rep. This discussion occured in a conference room over the phone with my "handler" within earshot. The rep. asked some pretty "sensitive" questions about myself and my family.

Interview Questions
    • HR asked me about my family, was I married, did I have any children, etc. It was so totally unexpected and not related to the job at all. I was caught off guard and felt that the line of questioning was inappropriate as well as the amount of pressure exerted to get an answer out of me.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online – interviewed at Schlumberger in August 2014.

The whole interview was over the course of 2 days. I arrived at 5pm and we started out be giving introductions. Then we went right into teams giving their presentations on their assigned segment. This went on until about 2am on the first night. Next day we woke up at 7am and went to a well site and to a facility. After that, we had exit interviews, then went out for dinner.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Schlumberger in August 2014.

I applied thru a third party recruitment company. Had 2 phone interviews with them, 1st was telling me about the company and the 2nd was your basic interview with math and logic questions. Got invited to Tulsa, OK for the final interview. First day I had 2 hours to rest before the presentation started. Presentation was over the company and what it does. You have to introduce yourself to everybody first and tell them a little about you. After dinner they split us up into 3 groups and gave each group a stack of papers and we could only ask 1 question on what they wanted us to do with it. Eventually it was to build a paper tower and make it last the longest. The next day we woke up early and headed to the training facility in Kellyville. It was a great experience seeing the machines we talked about in person. After the tour we headed back to the hotel and we're assigned a 1:1 interview time. My interview was the first one so I could leave on time to catch my flight home. It seemed to me that. The interviewer already made up his mind on who he was hiring. He didnt ask much, mainly just clarified with me if I minded working in isolated places and working extreme hours. After the interview I boared my flight and went home. The interview was Monday and Tuesday and that Friday I received an email with the offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, everything ( salary, benefits, location, etc...) Was set from the beginning. You some what have a say in location but not really.

Equipment Operator - Cementing Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger.

It was a group interview of about 12 people. Before the interviewing began, the HR department gave us a presentation of the company. Afterwards, the called us individually to be interviewed in front of two people.

REMS Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger.

Basic behavioral questions were asked pertaining to previous project work, leadership experience. The interviewer shared his own experiences while at the company ans was very friendly overall. The questions were pretty straight forward and expected first round questions.

Field Engineer Interview

You must emphasize your willingness to sacrifice personal life. They recruit large numbers of new graduates because they are very aware that their retention rate is extremely low.

Interview Questions
    • Company tries to trick you into admitting you are not as flexible and self-sacrificing as you appear to be.   Answer Question

Field Specialist Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in July 2014.

I applied online and received and e-mail to complete an additional information sheet about a week later. I had a phone interview about three days alter. I had also talked to a hiring rep at my college career fair however I didn't get an interview from that. I would recommend applying multiple times.

Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger.

I was contacted by a consulting agency that basically prescreens for Schlumberger. I had two phone interviews with them and then got an invitation to what Schlumberger calls "the 2nd Interview". Once you get an invitation they will give you all of the details like flight itinerary and information about the dress code and things of that nature. The first day is just a travel day but you will meet a lot of the other candidates this day. There was about 25 people interviewing when I went. Do not be alarmed by the amount of people going for the same job because there are a lot of job openings. I am not sure how accurate this is but it seemed to me like if you made it to this interview you have a really good chance of getting the job. The first day you fly in and the hotel shuttle will pick you up from the airport. You will quickly find out who is there for Schlumberger because they are standing around waiting as well. you will check in at the hotel and then have the rest of the night to eat dinner and prepare for the following day. The 2nd day is very long so get plenty of rest. You start the day by meeting in a conference room. Every person in the room will have to get up and give an introduction about themselves. Normal stuff like what are your hobbies, whats is your educational or military background, and the last but most important is what is your best Macgyver moment. They seem to be looking for creative answers. My advice is if you cant think of anything make something up. They want to hear that you are creative not prove you wrong. One guy at our interview didn't answer the question and it seemed to bother the recruiters and managers. After the introductions you will then sit through a lot of PowerPoint presentations about the company and learn about the different segments. Then you will take a break by getting fitted for coveralls and steel toes and you will be bused over to the Schlumberger training facility. I think the most important part about this is to take an active interest in it by asking questions and talking to the managers. The managers have been exactly where you are so its pretty much free game to ask what ever you want. The managers were pretty laid back and know what your going through so talking to them really is not difficult. After you tour the facility you will go back for more powerpoint presentations. Before dinner you will do a team building exercise. The most important part about the team exercise is to be engaged with your team. The managers are looking for team players and leaders. After that you will have dinner with the managers and recruiters and then get instructions about the next day. They will serve alcohol at dinner. My advice is that if you do drink dont get drunk. You want to be responsible. The next day you will meet up get your interview time and wait until your interview. I did not find the interview very difficult. Normal interview questions. I found that the intial phone interviews are a lot harder than the final interview. The final interview I felt was there to find out exactly what you want to do and where you want to work and whether you think you can handle the lifestyle. They are very honest about the different type of lifestyle it is. We had people drop out and not even do the final interview because they did not feel it was what they were looking for. The whole process I felt was there to make you feel more comfortable and relax about the interview. It was a good experience. After your final interview you will go back to the airport and back home. I think staying engaged and asking questions and talking with the managers will give you a good shot at getting the job. The company seems to want to put you where you want to go so dont put any locations down you dont want because there is a good chance you might get it. My last bit of advice is to be honest with yourself and be honest with them about what you want. The job is not easy but the company will work with you and thats a good feeling.

Interview Questions
    • How many tennis balls can you fit in the back of your truck and how did you come to that answer?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Applied April 12th . Received an email a week later stating the job description and company credo. Set up a phone interview for Monday the 21st. They called but they called the wrong number I had on file so we rescheduled for the next day. Had my phone interview basically going over my work history and he asked 3 questions. Was told I passed and would move on to the assessment.

Intern Interview

The interviews were pretty relaxed I met with 4 people from the department I would be working for and they just had conversations with me. No set standard HR questions. They asked me about some lab equipment and we talked about safety concerns in the lab.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation was done by me but that doesn't mean you can't.