Schlumberger

Updated Jan 28, 2015
1,043 Interview Reviews

2.9

Field Engineer Interview

I had experienced four steps until I got my offer. First, on the career fair, introduce yourself and hand on the resume. Second, you are asked to accomplish a paper test. Then you will have the group interview. At last, a group task

Electronics Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger.

The process was easy and streamline. It took place over a 3 day interview process in Tulsa, OK. The first day was a check in. The second day was introductions and an overview of the company followed by a team building exercise. The third day was the interview process.

no negotiation allowed.

Field Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in September 2014.

I was contacted though university recruiting, flown out to large group interview on location and offered a position the next week. The whole process involved team exercises, 2:1 interviews, presentations, and behavioral observation.

Interview Questions
    • What is the angular distance between the minute and hour hand of an analog clock at 3:15?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger in September 2014.

Had a very easy interview. I was asked mainly behavioral questions. The interview was very laid back. I felt like I did great and now I am waiting to see if I made it through to the second interview.

Supply Chain Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Schlumberger in September 2014.

It was an on campus interview. The interviewer was nice and asked questions about my resume. She would really go deep into a point even if I just mentioned it. She would ask almost everything on the resume. She cared about whether I had directly relevant experiences with the position and unfortunately, I did not have...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

They came to our campus, UT Austin, to recruit. They gave out A LOT of interviews. Basically the interviews were just like "why do you want to work for schlumberger" and "do you know what a field engineer is?"

The first interview is basically just a screening process to see if you know what you're getting into. So if you say something like "i want to work in an office in houston" or something like that, you'll definite get rejected.

After that they flew me out to midland for the "schlumberger experience". We're doing a group presentation about one of their service lines there and there will be recruiting managers there.

Interview Questions
    • Where does a field engineer work? It's not a difficult question, but but it's basically just a screening question to make sure you're the right fit for the job.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

2 rounds. one on one interview. In total there are 4 interviews. Pretty chill. Very nice people. They want to see your personality. Heard back pretty soon and the offer is great, beats any other offer I got.

Interview Questions
    • I got Oil and gas related cases, but I've heard they give all kinds of cases.   Answer Question

Field Specialist Trainee Interview

it was a 2 day interview. We were flown into the city where they held the interviews. Recruiters were nice and very relaxed. They definitely tried to keep that type of mood throughout the weekend.

Interview Questions
    • if you were a brick on a wall which brick would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger.

it was an on campus interview. The company have very good recruiters. The are interesting people, nice people.
    Regarding hiring process, just give the recruiters your resume and you are good to go. Chatted with the recruiters at the events.

Post Doctoral Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield, CT

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Setting up the interview was straight forward, however I was left with the strong feeling that I needed to put money up for airfair (with the unsaid understanding that I would be reimbursed after the fact). The interview was a marathon starting at 9 AM with a presentation and Q&A. After that I spoke with 5 people 1:1 about 1/2 hour and also had tours of the research site, etc. After 5 PM, I had a little break and met with a group of people including the hiring manager for dinner. We wrapped up discussions around 10:30 PM. One of the most uncomfortable moments I had was during a discussion with the HR rep. This discussion occured in a conference room over the phone with my "handler" within earshot. The rep. asked some pretty "sensitive" questions about myself and my family.

Interview Questions
    • HR asked me about my family, was I married, did I have any children, etc. It was so totally unexpected and not related to the job at all. I was caught off guard and felt that the line of questioning was inappropriate as well as the amount of pressure exerted to get an answer out of me.   Answer Question