Schlumberger Junior Field Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger in November 2010.

1 on-campus interview, then second round interview onsite 5 days long with group of 24 others all recent grads. there are no tests, just building activities

Interview Questions
  • if you have 2 candles with wicks on both ends and 1 takes 1 hour to melt completely, how do you tell, without measuring, when 45 minutes has passed   View Answers (2)
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pilani (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pilani (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger in August 2014.

I applied through my university. First round was resume short listing and then continued by group discussion and group task. In group discussion you may expect some abstract topics like red and blue, Roti, currency, dot (.) etc., In group task they mainly focus on your role in getting conclusion for your problem. Don't try to be dominating, Make your presence visible in every aspect of discussion.

Interview Questions
    • Interview is totally HR - One can expect questions like- Why did you choose oil sector as your career, About your family, They may ask you to elaborate on any of your project in your resume, What is your role in certain position of responsibility whatever you mentioned in your resume. Basically they look for stubborn people who can withstand extreme conditions in the work place both mentally & Physically.   Answer Question

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger in July 2014.

Is a long process, first I applied online and by the university jobs portal. Then I have scheduled a numerical test (done with several dozens of colleagues of the university), is a test of 40 questions of basic sciences and math operations without calculator (and several decimals)... after passing that filter, the best results of the test got a personal interview in english.
    A month after that, I got called for the "round 2" in Bogotá, when I got 2 days in the city with full expenses by the company. Is a hard course when our personal relationships and team work is thoroughly evaluated. We made a tour for the company, got many types of exams... but we also had fun. Is a great experience.
    My best advice is Be yourself.
    The thing is that they make recruitment process without vacancys to fill, the candidates will eventually get located in function of their abilities showed on the round 2. It has been two months since the round 2, and I haven't got any call, but I'm still awaiting. I got an email telling me I've pass for the recruitment process.

Interview Questions
    • ¿Are you aware of the SLB lifestyle and the things you are giving up by accepting this job?   Answer Question

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Resume shortlisting-Extra-curricular activities are stressed upon and sports as well
    GD-Abstract topic.Good communication skills and out of box thinking and keep you in good stead.
    Group activity-Show leadership skills and be co-ordinate with your team members.

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novosibirsk (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novosibirsk (Russia)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger in November 2010.

Basically in my case it was two interviews. First one was short introduction to recruiter in my university and second was one day of assessment center with some IQ and personality tests and team games with presentations to 3 or 4 recruiters. We were 10 students from different universities willing to become a field engineers.
    I've got an email confirming my acceptance by company in two weeks and job offer as soon as I finish my study. In some cases it takes a few month to get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, just be yourself is the best advice ever. Maybe you'll be asked to assemble some tool, but it's not critical if you can't. The most important is the ability to play in team and be a strong leader.   Answer Question
    You can ask for a specific segment like Drilling or Well Service. Also should mention if you want or don't want to go to another country on permanent basic. I would propose to ask for so called ' international mobile position'.

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bandung (Indonesia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bandung (Indonesia)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in April 2010.

1. There are around 1000 students that are applying for the job, there are 5 interviewers. The interviewers are carrying bottle with a lot of small papers. We need to pick up this paper and tell the interviewer whatever is written in the paper for 1 min. In my case I got "plastic"
    2. Now there are only 100 students and we are divided into group of 10 students. We are given materials (paper, scissors, glue, etc) and we need to create a vehicle that can be used in both dessert and arctic. We need to present the project later on
    3. Final interview with the recruiter. I got question: It is 3 AM in the morning and you have to go offshore but your crew is still sleeping and doesn't want to go up. What will you do?

Interview Questions
    • I got question: It is 3 AM in the morning and you have to go offshore but your crew is still sleeping and doesn't want to go up. What will you do?   View Answers (2)

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger in April 2009.

2 steps:
    - 30-min short interview with the recruiter to understand whether you suit the profile
    - 1-day interview (assessment) when you work as a team, present and demonstate your other soft and technical skills

Interview Questions
    The pay is fixed, no negotiations. The package has exceeded expectations

Junior Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger in January 2009.

Got called for an interview
    was put under pressure during the interview in order to see how i react in situations I am not familiar with.
    then was asked to perform an IQ test while everyone around me was having a conversation.
    Waited 2 months to hear back the feedback of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you have explosives down hole and the break of the wireline holding the explosive fails?   Answer Question
    • Why did you decide to play as a guard in basket ball?   Answer Question
    • Name 5 weaknesses in you   View Answer
    no negotiation is possible

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Red Deer, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Red Deer, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger in August 2008.

Applied through career fair at university. Schlumberger only visits some of the best Universities in the country. Lengthy and intensive process, took 3 months. First round was 1 on 1 interview at the university where you are tested on skills, behavourial. 2 nd round was a visit of field location and interviews with different managers.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked on the reason why manhole are round.
      Was quizzed on various mathematical and skill questions.
        View Answers (2)
    Negociation on location of employment was possible, actually very flexible in their segment or location. No room for negociation on Salary. Consider a location based on its proximity to anything decent if possible. Most of the field offices are located in very small communities without much to offer.

Junior Field Engineer Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger in June 2008.

The recruitment day involved group activities including , paper tower group build, 'black bear test' as well as individual assessments including mechanical engineering basics test, a personal profile presentation and a 1:1 interview.
    Make sure you act professionally even though it may seem like a casual atmosphere.
    It would also be good to take advantage of opportunities to meet current field engineers to find out what it will really be like. Try to get them to give honest answers - field life can be tough.