Schlumberger

Relevance Date Difficulty

Geologist Interview

Geologist
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2013.

Interview Details – The process was a lengthy and a bit frustrating, eventually yielding no result. Had two telephone interviews and two panel interviews all with their offices in four different countries. Overall, the people seemed friendly, nice office space and a relaxed work environment. It seems like a good company to work with regardless.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in July 2009.

Interview Details – Standard as other corporate companies

Interview Question – How do you handle negative feedback   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, it was the matter of take it or leave it

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in December 2012.

Interview Details – Online CV drop followed by Assessment Centre.
Assessment centre consisted of 5 min personal presentation followed by questions, team task, maths/physics test and logic test, practical test and interview.

Personal presentation topics are prescribed. I haven't had the inevitable rejection yet but from candidate to candidate, don't bore everyone with wordy powerpoints. They will bring up your weakness, lets hope there's an upside to it.
Team task is achieving certain physical objectives using office materials & stationery. Time is short, come up with a plan and stick to it. They are probably judging teamwork, communication and common sense.
Practical test was hard, involves assembling a component - look at any diagrams very carefully.
In my interview it felt they were trying to figure out which division I might fit into. Read up on the three divisions, I was caught off guard when they started describing a job different to the one I had researched.

Interview Question – Why does the Oil Industry need you?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – Three Interviews. Two Written Tests. One Practical Test. Interview based on Merit. Aim is to see if you fit SLB Profile. Also Recruiter does nopt want candidates who will fail First Training School. They are rated based on success/failure of their Recruits. Answer truthfully. Be pro-active. Recruiter is really not intererested in if your answers are correct or not. He/She is interested in your thought process and also your ability to work in a team environment.

Interview Question – You are given few random pages of Manual of a Wireline Loggong tool. You are then asked random questions about this very unfamiliar tool. Again, your thought process is most critical here. Your approach to getting answers is the key.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no salary negotiation. It was take it or leave it.

London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Schlumberger in August 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed in London. The interviewer was a lady who seemed completely disinterested in the whole process. I got an an automatic email after three weeks saying my application was declined. Tried to email back to to clarify, but never got a reply..

Interview Question – There was a surprise when the interviewer asked me to put back together a peiece of equipment.   View Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in January 2010.

Interview Details – It was a tough environment. Most candidates were brilliant and the time was tight. I just barely had enough time to complete my task and followed with a 20mins presentation.

Interview Question – If you were a manager and the vendor put the operation in danger, how would you deal with it?   View Answer

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!