Schlumberger

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

MWD Field Engineer Interview

Shreveport, LA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2011.

Interview Details – Schlumberger has a very good hiring and interview process. I first met Schlumberger at a career fair where I gave them my resume. I was then contacted about an info session and a interview. The first interview was a basic interview, looking over the resume and asking about my qualifications and my lifestyle to see if I was a fit for the company. A few weeks later I was contacted about a second interview which was in location near a field site. They flew me down to the interview which was a 3 day interview. They went over the job, all the specifications about the job. They have many team building exercises to see how you work in a team and to evaluate your leadership skills. It is important to ask questions and be interested in the job as this is how they pick the candidates to give offers to. They put you in groups to do presentations and then you are given the oppurtunity to pick which field within Schlumberger you would like to go into. They also take you to a real field site, mine happened to be Fracking, where it is also important to ask questions about the job. ASK QUESTIONS!! Once the process is all complete, you do a quick exit interview and then go out to dinner for the last part of the night.

Interview Question – The recruiters will have you do a exercise such as building a device, mine was to build a catapult from misc parts. It is not so much about success as it is to see how you interact with the team. Don't be a shine light hog, but rather be a leader, suggest ideas but also let other people do the same. They are looking for leaders not managers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer as is as there is no negotiation for a Field Engineer Trainee

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Schlumberger

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schlumberger MWD Field Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Schlumberger employees and interview candidates.