Schlumberger

Relevance Date Difficulty

Positioning Specialist Interview

Positioning Specialist
Gatwick, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2011.

Interview Details – Arrived at Schlumberger House in the morning, with another eight candidates, where we were taken into a conference room and introduced to the recruiters. Very relaxed atmosphere, but very professional.

We all gave a powerpoint presentations about ourselves, the contents of which was e-mailed to us a couple of weeks before. After the presentation, the recruiters would ask questions in front of everyone. The presentation is about yourself so as long as you are totally honest, the answers won't be a problem.

We then had a maths test, mechanical test and IQ test. This is quite tricky, so my advice is get your heads in the books and remember the basics (area's, surface area's, pythagorus etc etc ). Plenty of books and websites out there on IQ tests.

Now for the fun part.....The group test. We were split into three groups and were given a task to build something in a given time using masking tape scissors and paper. Its good fun and is to see how you react in group. You are being watched! Enjoy it though.

We then had lunch which was a good chance to mingle with the other candidates and speak to the recruiters and find out about what the job entails and their experiences.

The afternoon brought the interview. Very relaxed, and very professional. 4 recruiters ask you questions to find out a bit about your background, what you see yourself doing in the company etc etc. Be yourself and relax.

After the interview I was free to leave and was told I would be informed with a positive or negative result within 3 weeks.

After 3 weeks I received an e-mail offering me the position of Positioning Specialist - International Communter.

The company will pay for your travel, hotel and feed you too !!!!

All in all a very enjoyable experience.

Interview Question – I see you have an electronics and IT background. How would you feel if the company placed you in a mechanical/hydraulics position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – NO NEGOTIATION - Don't even mention money !!!!!

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Schlumberger

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schlumberger Positioning Specialist interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Schlumberger employees and interview candidates.