Schlumberger

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

REMS Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – Basic behavioral questions were asked pertaining to previous project work, leadership experience. The interviewer shared his own experiences while at the company ans was very friendly overall. The questions were pretty straight forward and expected first round questions.

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and submitted my resume at the career fair. After that, a recruiter contacted me and set up an initial interview at my university.

Interview Question – The questions were behavorial   View Answer

Interviewed at Schlumberger

Interview Details – I had the initial interview at a SHPE Conference, where I was asked general questions about my resume. I got the invitation for an on-site interview in Sugar Land TX right away. During this process I had to make a 6 minute presentation about my research, followed by 4 one-on-one interviews. Questions were mostly about my experience and projects.

Interview Question – There were no hard questions for me, it was always about my resume.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – Applied online 2 semesters before graduation. Didnt hear back until a month before graduation. got an email asking for a phone interview for the 2 days after the email was sent. Phone interview was basic questions about my resume etc. Chatte some and talked about what is involved in REMS.

a week or so later, i was invited to fly to houston for a 2 day interview group event. Travel was well coordinated. the first day we had a location visit, where we saw one manufacturing floor, it wasn't too extensive. HR folks gave a presentation on schlumberger, and then we had a trebuchet building competition. The reps didnt even stay in the room while we worked, so im not sure what purpose it served.

The next day we gave technical presentations we'd prepared before hand to a room of experts. very few questions were asked. later, several 1 on 1 interviews were conducted. they were very technical, but I found that the best feedback I got were the interviews where I could answer the questions and could make them laugh as well.

Interview Question – "Tell me everything you can about this technical drawing"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Terms were great, I felt no need to negotiate

REMS Engineering Interview

REMS Engineering
Norman, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2012.

Interview Details – Schlumberger Technology Corporation came to recruit on Campus. The interview consisted of 30 minutes and got asked some behavioral questions, a couple of technical questions, and then I asked some questions to the interviewer.

Interview Question – What is Rheology?   View Answer

Sugar Land, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted for a phone interview about two weeks later. Two weeks after my phone interview I invited to sugar land tx for an on site interview. The on site consisted of dinner on Thursday night with the group of interviewees (15 of us) and 2 recruiters and a presentation about schlumberger. Friday we had a site tour, gave our own 7 min presentations, then had 3 one on one interviews.

Questions were pretty standard. One interviewer told me that they used to give brain teasers but don't anymore - I didn't get any.

Interview Questions

Sugar Land, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in November 2010.

Interview Details – Dropped resume with Schlumberger recruiters at campus career fair; invited to an on-campus interview then invited to an on-site interview. On-site interview consisted of a presentation by a recruiter at the hotel followed by a dinner. Next day we were brought to the facility where we had a quick tour, then gave presentations that we prepared based on previous or current research projects. Then there were 3 back-to-back one-on-one interviews, with a break for lunch after the first interview.

Interview Question – Discuss your research project in greater detail.   Answer Question

Sugar Land, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in December 2009.

Interview Details – I had an interview on my University Campus, about general behavioral questions. Afterwards, they invited me to their headquarters in Texas for a second round of interviews, consisting of 1:1 interviews with 5 managers, a presentation of Thesis or current research, and a tour of their facilities.

Interview Question – Why pursue a career in oil industries?   Answer Question

REMS Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2012.

Interview Details – This is a review of the phone interview that I attended with Schlumberger. I applied online for a REMS position and got an interview call about a week later. It was a 30 minute phone interview. The mail said that it was going to be a behavioral interview with a few technical questions towards the end.
The following were the questions:
1. tell me about yourself
2. Why SLB?
3. Have you ever been in a team where the team dynamics was difficult to handle? If you were the leader would you have done anything differently?
4. 8 weights puzzle
5. Where will a variable in a function be stored in the memory? Stack or heap? What variables are stored in the heap?
6. What is the syntax for dynamic memory allocation?
7. Asked a little about my projects and my past work experience.

The interviewer was considerate and gave me time to answer questions.

Interview Question – Now I am waiting on the results from my phone interview .   Answer Question

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!