Schlumberger

Getting the Interview

27 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

REMS Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – Meet folks from SLB in school career fair. Had a screening a week after. On site interview in about 4 weeks.

Interview Question – Technical questions related to field. If you don't work at SLB as a project engineer, tackling that problem every day, you wouldn't know the answer by heart.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Schlumberger

Interview Details – I got a on-campus interview two weeks ago.

Interview Question – No question is really difficult. The recruiter just went over the resume and then asked questions about your previous projects.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Schlumberger in December 2013.

Interview Details – First interviewed on campus. Was invited to Houston in December. Gave a 7 minute presentation on any technical project you previously worked on. Then spoke to 4 different managers on my resume. Wasn't technically difficult.

Interview Question – No out of the ordinary questions. Just based on your experience and skills.   Answer Question

REMS Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied during career fair. first round of behavioural interview in college campus. Second round consisted of a presentation and 4 interview sessions (resume based technical questions) at one oftheir houston facilities.

Interview Question – Explain the evolution process of so and so project (from the resume)   Answer Question

Interview Details – Just finish my first round interview, hope I'll make it

Interview Question – no difficult questions, all basked on your resume   Answer Question

REMS Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – Received an interview solicitation through the university career services. I interviewed on campus which consisted of a straight forward interview with a series of behavioral questions.

I know Schlumberger is a great company overall yet this interview experience left a bad impression on me. It was unorganized. Several of us who interviewed felt as though the interviewers did not really want to be there. I thought maybe we were being overly judgemental and harsh but after interviewing with several of Schlumberger's competitors I have come to the conclusion that "SOME" of Schlumberger's interviewers did not really want to be there that day.

The body language and nonchalant attitude of my interviewer was less than professional (my opinion). I still remained upbeat and interviewed well but the interviewer just didn't have any energy whatsoever.

During the info session questions were asked that had no answer from the Schlumberger representatives or answers were given about the company that were factually incorrect. A friend of mine was told by an employee that they were there to check a box so they can get promoted and move up the career ladder... yes you heard that right. In order to move up they have to diversify what they do so some Schlumberger employees volunteer to conduct interviews etc so that can have those items checked for review and promotion purposes. This employee said "you have to play the game". So... what we can take from this is that some employees feel as though they are forced to interview candidates and don't really have a personal desire to do so. I can see why they are less that motivated when interviewing.

There were a couple of Schlumberger employees present who were absolutely professional and courteous. Even though I was not interviewing for their groups they were awesome to interact with. You could tell they cared about what they did. Like I said, I think Schlumberger is a great company overall but they need to do a better job training their staff to conduct proper and professional interviews or screen the ones who just want to check a box.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult. Mostly behavioral questions but interviewer read directly off the computer screen and rarely made eye contact.

What area would you like to work in? Are you a thinker or a doer? Are you a leader or a follower? What is your greatest weakness? What is your greatest strength? Tell me about Schlumberger.
  Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in September 2013.

Interview Details – First round on-campus Interview Questions were about team member experience and leadership experience. And asked about my research topics on my resume. Finally asked if I am interested in techinical-filed program, and if I am willing to be relocated.

Interview Question – How did you solve a tough problem in research, what did you do and what was the result.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

REMS Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – Phone interview. On-site interview with presentation.

Interview Question – General questions about projects and things on resume   View Answer

Interviewed at Schlumberger

Interview Details – On site interview. Split into 3 groups of 7 people each. Made presentations. 1 Night stay at hotel, Dinner and Food for next day all taken care of

Interview Question – Why should we hire you with your set of knowledge?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Schlumberger

Interview Details – not too tough, but they call at random.

Interview Question – what was the most difficult situation you handled   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Schlumberger

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schlumberger REMS interview questions and advice. All 27 interview reviews posted anonymously by Schlumberger employees and interview candidates.